Established in 1995, Hindustan College of Arts and Sciences (HCAS) is a unit of Hindustan Group of Institutions, affiliated to the University of Madras, which is one of India’s oldest Universities. The college offers 17 Undergraduate, 7 Post-Graduate, 3 M.Phil and 2 Ph.D Research Programmes. It is affiliated to the university of Madras, Chennai and has been ranked 30th for Social Work by India Today 2020.
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) have conferred "Five Star" accreditation to the university and it has been given the status of 'University with Potential for Excellence’ by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The University has produced world-renowned Scientists, Mathematicians, Industrialists, Educationists and Philanthropists etc.
HCAS Chennai Highlights
|Established| Type||1995 | Private|
|Affiliated to||University of Madras, Chennai|
|Programmes offered||U.G, P.G, Ph.D, M.Phil|
|Facilities||Hostel, Library, Sports facilities, etc.|
HCAS Chennai Courses
The University offers various courses at different levels:
|Electronics and Communication Science|
|Accounting & Finance|
|M.Sc||Applied Microbiology||2 Years||Graduation|
|M.Phil||Biotechnology||1 Year||Post Graduation|
Apart from the courses mentioned above the college also offers BSW, BBA and BCA at the UG level and MA and M.Com at the Pg level.
Read more: HCAS Chennai Courses and Fees
HCAS Chennai Admissions
Hindustan College of Arts and Science offers UG, PG and doctoral-level programmes like B.Sc, B.Com, BCA, BBA, BA, BSW, MSc, MA, MCom, MSW, MPhil and PhD in various specializations.
- Admission to all or any UG and PG programmes is merit-based.
- Candidates seeking admission to MPhil and PhD programmes got to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the institute, followed by Personal Interview (PI).
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of the school (www.hcaschennai.edu.in/) and click on 'Register for Online Admissions'.
- On the subsequent page, hit on 'New Registration' and start with the registration process.
- Read all the instructions and click on 'Proceed'.
- Fill all the specific details and pay the application fee of INR 250 through net-banking or debit/ credit card.
HCAS Chennai Placements
As per the newest campus drive which happened within the college in the month of February and March 2020, the students performed exceptionally well. About 92% of the students were provided with placements.
- The companies like Infosys, Capgemini, Avasoft, TCS, IndusInd Bank, Cognizant among others had participated within the placement drive.
- Highest salary offered to the scholar was 5.3 LPA, average salary package was 2.8 LPA and lowest package offered by the businesses was 1.2 LPA.
- The roles offered were Accountant, Business Development Executive, Security Analyst and other roles depending upon the specializations.
- Internships were offered to the students depending upon their specializations.
- Students got the internship in companies like Bridgestone, Parle Agro and other such companies.
Read more: HCAS Chennai Placement
HCAS Chennai Scholarships
- The college facilitates the scholars to avail various government scholarships like SC/ST, minority scholarships, Pradhana Mantri Nidhi Yojana, ICCR, etc. It offers various scholarships on merit basis; students with 90% above the percentage of marks would be given concession in their tuition fees.
- The college provides sports scholarships with free food, accommodation & tuition Fees for the successful athletes and various game players.
- Students belonging to notified religious Minority communities (Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Zorastrian(Parsis) & Jain) can avail Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities through the common National Scholarship Portal(NSP) of the Government of India.
Read more: HCAS Chennai Scholarships
HCAS Chennai Facilities
- Hostel: The College offers three boy’s hostels and two girl’s hostels equipped with all the basic amenities and recreational facilities.
- Library: The College has a central library which supports the teaching learning programmes of the institute. The books can be issued from the Book bank for a limited period of time.
- Sports: The College has well established playgrounds and infrastructure for sports and games for the holistic development of physical, moral, ethical, social, mental and emotional healthy students.
- Transport: Bus facility is offered by the college to all distant routes covering all the city points.
- Health Care Centre: The college runs a full-fledged clinic which takes care of the students’ health and hygiene.
Read more: HCAS Chennai Hostels
HCAS Chennai Faculty
The college has a well experienced and dedicated faculty. They are always there to support and motivate their students. The principal of the college is Dr. S Thirumagan. He served as Principal for seven years from 2007 in an Arts & Science College situated in North Chennai affiliated to the University of Madras. His rich experience keeps the college growing.
Read more: HCAS Chennai Faculty
HCAS Chennai FAQs
Ques. Can a student who has completed 12th with science stream, join B.Com at HCAS Chennai?
Ques. Is there any scholarship available at HCAS Chennai?
Ques. Which entrance do I have to appear to take admission in HCAS Chennai?
Ques. What is the career scope for a Research Scholar in Microbiology at HCAS Chennai?