University Institute of Engineering & Technology (UIET) was established in 2004 by Kurukshetra University as a "Centre of Excellence" to offer quality technical education and to undertake research in Engineering & Technology.
- Presently, the institute is offering four B. Tech and eight M. Tech and three Ph. D. degree programs.
- UIET, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra is among the top 3 engineering colleges in the state of Haryana.
- Kurukshetra University, established in 1957 is one of the most coveted universities in India and topmost in Haryana. It has been accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC. It has as many as 40 teaching departments including UIET
- UIET is approved by AICTE and It is evidenced by the cut-off ranks of AIEEE rank holders and parent’s perception in choosing UIET.
- UIET also indulge in organizing activities to attain leadership skills. ‘Excellence Foundation’ is one of the societies in UIET responsible for organizing saga of events. EXCELSIOR’10 was the recent activity held in April 2010 which was a national level techno-cultural festival with a mega-evening by ‘BOMBAY ROCKERS’.
Placements:- The first batch of passed out students in 2007-08 were placed in reputed companies with pay package of upto Rs. 4.5 lacs per annum. 83% students of ECE deptt., 82% students of CSE Deptt. and 54% students of Bio-Tech.
Seminars and Events:-
National Level Seminars and Workshops are organized annually in the name of
- Salaam Manager
Students at UIET organizes Inter college sports meet in the name of “PRATISPARDHA”.
- Inter-departmental Workshops and Technical contests are organized in each semester.
- Departmental Workshops/ Technical quizes & scientific models/ kits demonstration/ competition.
- Technical magazine in the name of TECH-NATTYAM has been initiated by the students.
- Organized one day Technical workshop for students on Powai labs VLSI Design EDA tools in the month of April, 2008.
- Organized one day Technical workshop for students on Enterprise Resource Planning in the month of April, 2008.
- Bull's eye (Personality development program) (30/09/09)
- Seminar on Opportunities Abroad for higher studies (23/10/09)
- Prism-I (Poster and Collage making) (24/10/09)
- IBM workshop (14/11/09)
- TEQUIP: TEQIP Phase-II is for strengthening of institute to improve learning, outcomes and better employability of the graduates. Under the program the institution has submitted project proposal to National Programme Implementing Unit (NPIU), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India for financial assistance of worth 13.65 crore.
- QEEE: UIET, Kurukshetra University has been selected by IIT, Madras to participate in the MHRD's prestigious project "QEEE: Quality Enhancement in Engineering Education". All B. Tech. students of the institute are eligible to apply for this program. Various labs, live lectures, tutorials, bridge courses, MOOCS etc. will be taken by IITs faculties in real time and synchronous technology.
- Library: The Library having total collection of 3,23,610 volumes (including anuscripts/theses/periodical etc.). The Library has an ERNET Centre at the first Floor with 160 Computers for the students and research scholars to access the available online resources.Access to 4,500 full text scholarly electronic journals from 25 publishers across the globe is available, under the UGC-INFONET E-journals Consortium in all the libraries and Departments through 900 internet nodes.
- Hostels: At present the University having 22 Hostels- 9 for Boys, 1 for foreign male students and 12 for Girls with a capacity to accommodate 2500 girls and 2000 boys. Providing a comfortable and safe atmosphere to the students, the hostel facilities on the campus make it easy for the students to find a home away from home.
- Dharohar Museum: The University's museum, dedicated to the preservation of the region's cultural heritage, is now a nationally recognized institution. Through exhibits, publications, and special events, the museum presents the rich traditions of the region and gives new meaning to life in Haryana in a manner that is authentic and non-stereotypical.
- Auditorium: Auditorium is available with the seating capacity of 2500 and a state of art facility. It is fully equipped with digital surround system and is fully air-conditioned.
- PG Scholarship/Assistantship of 8000.00 rs. (Amendable time to time by AICTE) per month is available to all GATE qualified students except Material Sci. & Tech.
- Few merit fellowship/assistantship is also available to Non-GATE students 6000 rs. per month from TEQIP-II project for project duration subject to availability of funds.
Teaching Assistantship of 14000 rs. per month is available to all regular students in all the above discipline from TEQIP-II project for project duration subject to availability of funds.