Vedavyasa Institute of Technology was established in the year 2004 with the aim of providing quality higher education. VVIT is affiliated to University of Calicut, approved by Government of Kerala and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
The college has a lush green campus with serene atmosphere. The faculty here encourages the students and the motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride.
In the first decade only, the college has carved a niche for itself in education world in very short span of time. Placements as well as extra-curricular and co-curricular activities on the campus has made the college a prestigious one.
Attracting Features of the college:
- Self-financing engineering college
- Completion of 10 years of excellent existence
- B.Tech 2013 batch achieved 100% results in state university examination
- First Place in MBA and M.Tech result (94.44%) among the colleges in the University of Calicut in 2013
- Daily and monthly attendance report to the parents
- Regular monthly examinations and report to the parents
- Faculty development programs for the benefit of the faculty
- Over 25000 e-journals for the benefit of research students
- Industry oriented training.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Automotive Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Science & Humanities
Central Computing Facility :
VVIT has three labs with a total of 250 Computers with Intel Core i3 / Core 2 Duo. The lab is facilitated with a power backup of three Online UPS.
Tution Fee Waiver Scheme :
- The students from the weaker section of society are provided to avail the facility of fee waiver scheme.
- Fee concession for women and economically backward meritorious students are provided under this scheme running under the approval of AICTE.
- The students are eligible for the fee waiver scheme if they hold a proper rank in the Kerala Engineering Entrance Examination rank list.
- Apart from this, their family income is also considered while offering this facility. A total of 5% students of the total strength may get benefit every year.