The Kongu College of Arts and Science was established in the year 1997. It is located at Karur, Tamil Nadu. The institute is affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli. The college offers 25+ variant courses in the domain of Arts, Science and Commerce. These include 11 under-graduate courses, 8 post-graduate courses, and 5 M.Phil. programs. Admissions to all these courses is based on the merit obtained by students in qualifying exams. Application forms can be filled through online or offline mode.
Kongu Arts and Science College Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1997 | Private|
|Also known as||KOCAS|
|Affiliated to||Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli|
|Courses Offered||B.A., B.Com, B.Sc., BBA, BCA, M.A., MBA, M.Sc.,M.Phil, Ph.D.|
|Facilities Available||Library, Laboratories, Auditorium, Hostels, Mess & Canteen, Transport|
|Official Website | Contact||https://kongucollege.com/ | +91 96007 98555|
Kongu Arts and Science College Courses
The college offers Under-Graduate, Post-Graduate and Research programs in the field of Science, Commerce, and Arts. This section deals with the in-depth analysis of the courses offered by the college:
|B.Com. (Bank Management)||
|B.Com. (Computer Application)||
|M.Phil. (Full Time/ Part-Time)||
Read More: Kongu Arts and Science College Fees
Kongu Arts and Science College Admission
Admission is strictly based on merit.
- Admission for UG courses starts on the day when +2 Result is officially released.
- Admission for PG Courses starts after receiving theirs Under Graduate Results.
How to apply?
- Candidates can apply for the courses online or by downloading the form from the website.
- Candidates must apply before the said deadline.
Kongu Arts and Science College Facilities
- Language Lab: The language lab provides interactive programmed lessons on English grammar issues and communication. The individualized learning at the computer helps the students to pursue their training at their own pace. The one-to-one interaction between the teacher and student provides a cordial ambiance to the teaching-learning process, which is its unique feature.
- Library: The college has a library which apart from having books for the various departments and general, has a variety of journals, magazines, and daily newspapers. The library is computerized and the availability of the required book can be verified through the computer. It has 10,810+ books and 100+ CD collections and 55+ Magazines and Journals.
- Hostels: The college has a highly sophisticated hostel room. A recreation hall for the hostel students is also available. Students in the Hostel can make use of the Telephone facility for communication purposes.
- Transport: The college buses are operated almost in all the directions, which covers the in and out of Karur, Tiruppur, Erode, Dindigul, and Namakkal districts. It supports the students to reach the college more safely and in time.
Mess & Canteen
Kongu Arts and Science College FAQs
Ques. How are the placements in the college?
Ans. The college has a Placement and Career guidance cell which help in reducing the gap between campus and corporate. It arranges on/off-campus interviews, imparts personality development programs, arranges in-plant training, and industrial visits. The cell also has a good track of placing students in various reputed organizations.
Read More: Kongu College of Arts and Science Placements
Ques. How are the faculties of the college?
Ans. The faculties of the college are highly educated and qualified to have diverse industry experience. Each subject department has a head (HOD) and faculties have the designation of Assistant Professor with teaching/ industry experience of more than 10 years.
Read More: Kongu College of Arts and Science Faculty
Ques. Does the college provide a scholarship?
Ans. Yes. The college conducts Kongu Talent Test to avail scholarship with an MCQ based paper-pattern for the candidates based on the 10+2 syllabus.
Ques. When can I apply for the scholarship?
Ans. The last date of registration for the test is 16th May 2020.
- Due to COVID, this year, the college is conducting this test in online mode
- The exam will be held between 20th to 22nd May 2020
- Candidate can avail scholarship sponsored by Kongu Educational Trust, Karur