Established in 1957, Murugappa Polytechnic College (MPC) is a government aided institute and is NBA accredited. The institute offers both full time and part time diploma courses approved by AICTE. It offers a total of 12 diploma courses across Engineering streams only.
Full time diploma courses are categorised as self-financed and aided courses and admissions to all diploma courses are merit-based. The institute also has a placement cell monitored by a placement officer. Some of the top recruiters are: Ababil Healthcare Private, Bajaj Auto Limited, and Ashok Leyland etc.
MPC Chennai Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1957 | Government|
|Courses Offered||12 courses across 1 stream|
|Top Recruiters||Ababil Healthcare Private, Bajaj Auto Limited, Ashok Leyland, and BambeeQ Solution India Pvt Limited.|
|Facilities Available||Library, Canteen, English lab, and Clubs, etc.|
MPC Chennai Courses
Murugappa Polytechnic College Chennai offers only Diploma courses in the field of engineering. Basic eligibility is passing secondary school examination. The selection criteria are merit-based and doesn’t need any cut off or ranking in entrance. The institute offers both part time, full time, and sandwich courses with varied course durations. Below mentioned are the courses offered along with all the necessary details.
|Diploma Course (Self-financed)- Full time||Computer Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.||Passed 10th standard examinations or equivalent from recognized board of study.|
|Diploma Course (Aided) -Full Time||Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.||Passed 10th standard examinations or equivalent from recognized board of study.|
|Sandwich Diploma Course (Self-financed) -Full Time||Electronics & Communication Engineering, and Electronics (Robotics)||Passed 10th standard examinations or equivalent from recognized board of study.|
|Sandwich Diploma Course (Aided)-Full Time||Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering (Tool & Die).||Passed 10th standard examinations or equivalent from recognized board of study.|
|Diploma Course (Self-financed)- Part Time||Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Tool & Die, Civil Engineering, and Electronics & Communication Engineering||Passed 10th standard examinations or equivalent from recognized board of study.|
MPC Chennai Admission
Candidates seeking admission into Full-Time and Part-Time Diploma Courses shall be required to have passed 10th standard examinations from the State Board of Education, Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent examination already recognised by the Directorate of School Education Board, Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates seeking admission shall satisfy the eligibility conditions such as subjects, marks, and number of attempts, etc., as prescribed by the Directorate of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu.
- Allocation of seats into the courses will be based on merit and communal quota for 10th standard candidates whereas the allocation is based on merit only in case of admissions through Sponsorship Quota for Sandwich Diploma Programs.
- Candidates should satisfy the age limit as prescribed by the Directorate of Technical Education.
- For Part-Time Diploma Course candidates, weightage is also given for industrial experience as prescribed by the Directorate of Technical Education.
The reservation adopted for the admission is tabulated below.
|Diploma Courses||General Category||Industry Sponsorship quota||Management quota|
Application process for admissions to Murugappa Polytechnic College is offline.
- Candidates can either download the application form from official college website or get prescribed application form from the Principal by paying the prescribed fees in the form of Cash or Demand Draft in favour of Principal, Murugappa Polytechnic College payable at Chennai.
- Fill the application form with all the necessary details correctly.
- Attach all the necessary documents needed for the admission.
- Application form fee of INR 150 has to be paid except for SC & ST candidates as application form is free of cost for them.
- Acknowledgement will be sent after the receipt of filled-in application with all attachments.
- Completed application form should reach the institution within 15 days from the date of publication of SSLC examination results.
MPC Chennai Placements
Murugappa Polytechnic College Chennai has a placement cell which provides proper training to enhance the placement skills of its students in order to make them fit for corporate and private sector jobs. The placement cell is monitored by a Placement officer who organizes various campus Interviews taking place every year in the institute. Top recruiting companies visiting campus every year are Ababil Healthcare Private, Bajaj Auto Limited, Ashok Leyland, BambeeQ Solution India Pvt Limited, Brakes India Ltd, Chennai, Blue Star, CADS Software India Pvt Limited, Daimler India Comm. Vehicles Pvt. Ltd, Carborundum Universal Ltd, and Flextronics etc. Below mentioned are the placement statistics of 2019 batch:
- Highest salary package offered was INR 4.52 Lakhs per annum by Godrej & Co. in which 10 students were selected.
- Average salary package offered was INR 1.68 lakhs per annum.
- Total no. of students placed: 173
Branch wise Placement Statistics for 2019 batch is tabulated below.
|Total number of placements||70||22||45||16||25|
|Number of students registered for placements||75||23||49||21||34|
|Number of students joined for higher studies||06||02||14||07||13|
|Number of students completed diploma course||81||25||63||28||47|
|Total class strength||106||35||71||34||67|
Placement statics consolidated for April 2019 exit batch is shown below.
|Total number of placements||178|
|Number of students registered for placements||202|
|Number of students joined for higher studies||42|
|Number of students completed diploma course||244|
|Total class strength||313|
MPC Chennai Facilities
Apart from providing necessary educational activities to its students, it also provides various facilities as mentioned below:
- Communication Skills Laboratory- The English communication skills lab is equipped with software operated computers to develop the four essential skills such as Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing. Various activities are performed such as different situational conversation to learn pronunciation, oral, and written proficiency towards enhancement of the communication skills.
- Central Library- The college has a well-established library set up with latest technical and non-technical magazines, journals, and books which caters to the needs of the students, staff, and the other members of the institution. The library is also equipped with audio, visual aids, and yearly collection of question papers of previous year examinations. At present, there are nearly 15,000 books and 20 Technical magazines active subscription.
- Sports space- The institute is equipped with various sports spaces for games such as Cricket Ground, Basket Ball Court, Volleyball Court, and Foot Ball Ground etc. A full-time physical director is also appointed to organize various physical education activities.
MPC Chennai FAQs
Ques. How much percentage is required for admission into Diploma in Computer Science Engineering at MPC Chennai?
Ques. When does application distribution for MPC Chennai start for the polytechnic first year?
Ques. Is MPC Chennai a government college?
Ques. When was MPC Chennai established?
Ques. Does MPC Chennai conduct any entrance exam for admissions to 1st year?