Indira Gandhi Institute of Cooperative Management, Lucknow (IGICM) is one of the first management institutes in the state which was established in 1956. The institute has been operating under the management of NCCT (National Council for Co-operative Training), New Delhi and receives its funding from Ministry of Agriculture, Department of co-operation, Government of India.
- The institute has its center for Management Education (ME) which conducts Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program duly approved by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), Ministry of HRD, Govt of India, New Delhi.
- Intake capacity - 60 students for the M. B. A. course and around 85 students for the Diploma courses.
- The institute acts as a nodal agency for the various research, training and consultancy needs of the co operative departments and institutions in the state, in addition it serves as a think tank for sorting out specific problems of the state’s co-operatives.
- The institute has been set up with the objective of imbibing the co operative enterprises with professionalization of Management.
- Some of the companies visiting the campus for placement are IFFCO, India Infoline, KRIBHCO, Malyalam Manorama, Reliance Communication, Religares, Axis Bank, Bharat Electronic, ITI Limited, Sugar Factory, Bharti AXA, Eveready Battery, etc.
Research: IGICM is a recognized centre where research is conducted in various disciplines of rural development, economics and cooperation. The Institute has undertaken and completed a number of research projects in the area of rural development, co operatives, etc.
Infrastructure: IGICM which spreads over an area of 4.7 acres of land offers modern infrastructural facilities to the students so that they face no hindrances in their studies and day to day activities and can become world class professionals. Some of the facilities of this college include:
Air conditioned conference hall which is equipped with various electronic gadgets and public address system and has a sitting capacity of 125 participants.
- The hostel consists of 102 well furnished rooms with attached bathrooms and other amenities.
- The hostel mess is equipped with water cooler, refrigerator, LPG stove and a dining hall with sitting capacity of 75 students.
- Recreation hall is also available with Carom, Television and Chess.
- The library has a great collection of over 12,000 books on management and related topics, in addition to the books there are a number of video and audio cassettes on a wide range of subjects.
- The library has subscription to 84 numbers of journals and periodicals.
- The computer lab is well equipped with LAN environment and has more than 42 Pentium IV Pc’s on which multimedia kits have been installed.
- It also has 2 HP laptop computer, multimedia LCD projector and other useful hardware devices like CD-Writers, Scanners, Printers like Line Printer (Dot Matrix) Laser, DeskJet-Colour printers, etc.
- The institute provides its students with free internet and e-mail facilities.
- A variety of languages is provided by the computing environment of the institute provides.