University Institute of Engineering and Technology -[UIET] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
The University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET) is a department of Panjab Univeristy has prospered by leaps and bounds over the years achieving great academic heights.
- UIT is among the top 30 finest engineering colleges of the country.
- UIET students have been taught by one of the best faculties of the region.
- The students of UIET have been empowered and groomed to take on the rigorous challenges in their upcoming lives.
Research: Some Research Projects on which students and faculty are working:
- Active Noise Control using ANFIS in budget 46.0 Lacs
- Experimental Determination of the Thermal Behaviour of Non-Circular Journal bearing profiles with budget 9.25 Lacs
- Performance enhancement of Solar Photovoltaic System using multi mirror arrangement and to find optium angle of inclination of solar panel in Chandigarh with 3.00 Lakh Budget
- Goonj-2014: It is the National Level Annual Techno Literati Cultural Festival of the University.
- Aavishkar-2013: This event is the National Level Technical Fest of Panjab University, Chandigarh. This University provides platform to the students for showcasing their their talent and innovative ideas.
- National Conference on advances in Mechanical Engineering (NCAME-2013): It was organized by the mechanical students of UIET to bring together all the researchers and experts from industries and academia for sharing and creating awareness about the latest technologies coming.
- National Conclave: UIET organized its first National Conclave on ‘Science and Technology in India: Opportunities and Challanges’ with the objective to enrich the thought process of young community and guide them towards bright future.
- ICAER-2013: IEEE students branch organized a student conference said ‘IEEE Students Conference on Cognizance of Applied Engineering & Research’ encouraged the students to participate in research activities in research activities in their chosen fields.
One Week TEQIP– Short term Training Programme on Aspects and Applications of Research Methodology in Science and Engineering (AARMSE) being held from July 8 to July 13, 2013
UTECHNOS-it regulates functioning of all the official committees and student bodies, has done remarkable work.
- POPKORNZ: It is the official dance club.
- Osmium: It is the theatre group.
- IEEE: This committee is one of the largest and oldest existing professional organization of the world, found in 1884.
- SBE: It is the International organization that consist of an association formed by the biological engineers, for all new developments to look forward.
- SAE: SAE stands for Society of Automotive Engineers. It is a perfect platform for the budding mechanical engineers.
- CSI: Computer Society of India is encouraging students of CSE & IT to put their imagination into the field of software development and web developments.
Library: Institute has well-equipped library with well managed collection of the own research & publications of the institute. A. C. Joshi Library which is having collection of over 670,000 books and 660 periodicals is one of the largest in the country. The University Library is connected through an inflibnet network with all the departments on the campus which allows them to avail the Library’s online facilities.
- A Conference Room which is fully equipped with Projector, LCD display & Address equipment is available for conferences & lectures.
- A 120 capacity air conditioned hall for holding presentations and interactive sessions.
- A 500 capacity air conditioned university auditorium.
- 16 lecture halls with capacity of 150
- Ranked at position 17 among top engineering colleges of North India: THE WEEK 2013
- Ranked at position 29 among top engineering colleges of India : Outlook professional colleges handbook 2013
- UIET ranked at position 10 among top engineering colleges of north India: Go Education Engineering Colleges Survey 2012
- Go Education Engineering Colleges Survey 2012
- UIET ranked at position 31 among top engineering colleges of India: OUTLOOK survey 2012