BJB Autonomous College is one of the premier educational institutions of Orissa. Apart from regular courses for the degree of Bachelor in Arts, Science and Commerce, some selected Self-Financing Courses have been introduced with the approval of the Government.
The college offers four self financing courses at the UG level and five self financing courses at the PG level. Three of the self financing UG courses are Integrated courses which are for a duration of five years.
Admission to the regular Bachelor’s degree courses are based on the merit of the candidates in their qualifying examination. However, candidates applying for the self financing courses need to sit for an entrance test conducted by the college.
- 95% of the total number of seats are reserved for the candidates from Orissa
- The reservation of seats for various categories are as follows:
- 16.25% of the sanctioned seats shall be reserved for S/C candidates
- 22.50% of the sanctioned seats shall be reserved for S/T candidates
- 4% of seats sanctioned shall be reserved for the self / children / wife / husband Government Servants/serving Defence Personnel on transfer
- 3% of sanctioned strength shall be reserved for physically handicapped candidates
- 2% of the seats sanctioned shall be reserved for the children of bonafide Burma Repatriates
- 1% of sanctioned seats shall be reserved for the children / wife / husband of exservicemen
- 1% of sanctioned seats shall be reserved for the children of Serving Defence Personnel
- 1% of sanctioned seats shall be reserved for the children of Martyrs