Established in 1913, Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics is a Government Institution affiliated to University of Mumbai. Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics currently offering Diploma and PG Diploma, undergraduate courses in B.Com., BBI, and BMS as well as Post-graduation course in M.Com. and a certified course in capital markets.
- Minimum eligibility to apply for B.Com., BMS and BBI programs is 10+2 examination from Maharashtra state board or equivalent.
- Applicants to M.Com. and PG Diploma course must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- Those who are looking to apply for Diploma program must clear 10th standard.
- Admission to the courses is merit-based. Preference is given to the in-house students; further seats are filled based upon the merit-list of Mumbai University.
Highlights of Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics Admissions
|Name of the College||Sydenham College of Commerce & Economics|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-based|
Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics Diploma, PG Diploma Courses Admission 2019
College offers admission to its Diploma course on fulfillment of eligibility of clearing 10th standard with 45% marks (for general) and 40% marks (for SC/ST). Candidates who are looking for admission to PG Diploma must hold Bachelor’s Degree from University of Mumbai or equivalent with 45% marks (for general) and 40% marks (for SC/ST). Selection is based upon merit obtained in qualifying exam.
|Courses||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|Diploma||Foreign Trade Management||10th standard with 45% marks (for general) and 40% marks (for SC/ST).||Selection is based upon merit obtained in qualifying exam.|
|PG Diploma|| -||Bachelor’s Degree from University of Mumbai or equivalent with 45% marks (for general) and 40% marks (for SC/ST).|
Note: Candidates may also apply for 6 months Professional certificate course in market and 1-year certificate program foreign trade practices and management.
Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics B.Com. & BMS Admission 2019
The basic eligibility to apply in the three-year B.Com., BMS, and BBI courses is pass in 10+2 (HSC) from Maharashtra state board or equivalent with 45% aggregate in marks. Selection will be based on merit in the qualifying exam. Diploma holders with 45% marks can also apply to BMS courses.
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|B.Com.||-||10+2 with 45% marks (general) or 40% marks (for SC/ST) from Maharashtra State Board or equivalent.||Selection is based upon merit obtained in qualifying exam.|
|BBI||Banking & Insurance|
- Applicants must register themselves on Pre-admission enrolment form at the official website of University of Mumbai.
- Candidate will have to submit the Pre-Admission enrollment form along with the application form at the college.
Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics M.Com. Admission 2019
College offers two-year Master’s courses in Commerce (M.Com.) to the aspiring candidates in various specializations. Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree from University of Mumbai or equivalent to be eligible to apply for the Post graduation program. Final selection is based upon the merit obtained in qualifying exam.
|Course||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|M.Com.||B.Com. examination of University of Mumbai or equivalent||Selection is based upon merit obtained in qualifying exam.|
Note: Applicants must register or enroll themselves at the official website of University of Mumbai
Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics Application Process 2019
Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics invites offline applications to register for its various programs. The application process is common to all the courses as follows:
- Visit the campus of the College to obtain the application form and prospectus.
- Duly fill the necessary details and attach the relevant documents along with the form and submit the same at the office.
- Attach attested photocopy of the following documents:
- 10+2 mark sheet.
- Transfer certificate/ leaving certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- B.Com. Original mark sheet and passing certificate
- Two photographs
- Eligibility form filled online at the official website of University of Mumbai.
- Copy of Online Admission Form (College Copy).
- Caste Certificate (for reserved category).
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (from OBC, SBC, VJ-NT candidates).
- Income certificate.
- Certificate/s of achievement/s only at district, state, national and international level. (Sports Quota candidates).
- Activity Certificate (Cultural Quota candidates).
- Certificate from competent government authority certifying the nature and percentage of disability. (Handicapped Quota candidates).
- Certificate from Commanding Officer. (Defense Quota candidates)
- Documentary proof. (Freedom Fighter candidates)
Note: Selected candidates will be notified by the college authorities for further admission process.
Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics Reservation
Reservation in the college is as follows:
Scholarships by Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics
There is a facility of scholarships for the meritorious and weaker section of students of the college. Candidates may apply for these funds at the college office:
- Dakshina Fellowships are awarded by the Government of Maharashtra.
- BBI & BMS KPMG Scholarship.
- Maharaj Takhtasinghji of Bhavnagar Scholarships.
- R. D. Tata Memorial Scholarship for Academic Excellence.
- R.D. Tata Memorial Scholarship for being 1st four in Order of merit among the Parsi Student's in B.Com.
- The Limid Scholarship for Academic Excellence.
- D.S. Desai Sports Scholarships.
- Pragji Purshottam Bhatia Memorial Scholarship
- Prof. Beri Memorial Scholarship
- Percy Anstey Memorial Scholarship
- F.E. Merchant Scholarship for Business Law.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College