Alva’s Institute of Engineering & Technology (AIET), Mangalore is a premier Engineering Institute of Alva’s Education Foundation established in the year 2008. The main aim of the AIET is to set up a centre for excellence by offering world class technical education and research opportunities of very high standards and making the students technologically the best and ethically strong.
- Vision of the Institute is “To impart quality technical education, moral values, social concern and patriotism to the students and mould them into excellent professionals and credible citizens”
- Mission of the Institute is “To set up a centre for excellence by offering world class technical education and research opportunities of very high standards and making our students technologically the best and ethically strong”
- Institute is located adjacent to Mangalore-Sholapur National Highway (NH 169), which is 24 Kms from Mangalore International Airport
- AIET is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi & affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum
Placements- Placement details of 2012-13 are mentioned below:
Name of the Company
Number of Students placed
Abacus Business Operations
Ernst & Young
Sutherland Global Services
Bosch Wings Solutions Pvt Ltd
- ROSTRUM- The philosophy is to prepare students for professional world including academics and corporate. With this thought in mind, AEF has provided a platform for students Rostrum- Speakers Club. Rostrum provides an avenue for public speaking.
- SRISHTI- A step taken by the students of Alva’s Institute of Engineering & Technology, to protect the nature around us and help in create a better tomorrow.
- IMAGE IN-“Photography is an art and not just science”, these were words of Mr. Astro Mohan, Sr. News Photographer of Udayavani. He was speaking as the Chief Guest and Inaugurator of Image-In photography club at AIET.
- Volumes -17000
- Current periodicals-120
- Alva’s Vishwa Nudisiri Virasat-It was an international litero cultural festival organized by AIET. Event had a participation of over 2 lakhs every day and the whole event had more than 10 lakhs of participants.
- Chitrasiri-It was a three day state level art camp is conducted every year as a curtain raiser prior to the Alva's Nudisiri at the Vidyagiri campus. Chitrasiri has been a great platform for younger artists to display their talent.