Malda Women’s College (MWC) was established in 1970 in the Malda district of West Bengal. The institute has been striving for the academic empowerment of women for many years. It offers both BA as well as BA Honors courses in a variety of different streams like English, Economics, Education, etc. Admission to these courses is solely on the basis of merit. The institute is also well equipped with all the facilities and teaching faculty required for the efficient training of its students.
Malda Women’s College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1970 | Private|
|Courses Offered||2 Courses across 10 streams|
|Popular Courses||BA and BA Hons|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports, WIFI Campus|
Malda Women’s College Courses
MWC offers both BA as well as BA Hons in a variety of streams. They are elaborated below:
Malda Women’s College Admissions
Admissions at Malda College is merit-based. The college conducts its admission process in the month of June. The admission procedure for the BA and BA Hons. courses are as follows:
- Access the college’s website and go to the admissions portal.
- Provide the necessary detail and Upload your documents with copies of your photograph.
- Pay the application fee through the online payment portal or through a bank challan.
- The last date for application for the courses is on June 17th
- The Merit List for both the courses will be published online on the 21st of June
- Admissions will begin on the 24th of June.
Read More: Malda Women’s College Admission
Malda Women’s College Facilities
Malda Women’s College provides its students with a wide array of facilities that enhance their academic experience. Some of them are listed below:
- Hostel: The institute has a well functioning girl’s hostel with provisions for comfortable accommodation as well as Mess services. It is capable of holding up to 97 boarders. The hostel also has 24-hour security and is managed by responsible staff, This hostel particularly caters to the needs of those students from the nearby districts of Dakshin Dinajpur, Uttar Dinajpur, and Murshidabad.
- Library: Malda Women’s College is also equipped with a library that is capable of effectively meeting the academic and research needs of the students and faculty of the college. There is a good supply of books and journals, as well as provisions for a virtual library available to the students. The students may also utilize the attached Reading Room for the purpose of the study. Additionally, there are separate departmental libraries available to the respective students under the supervision of the concerned faculty. The main library is also made available to the alumni of the college.
- Auditorium: The college is equipped with an auditorium that is capable of seating 200-250 people. A majority of the college’s cultural functions, seminars, and events are conducted here.
- Laboratory: The college has provided a well-functioning lab for the benefit of the Department of Geography. The lab is also equipped with computers and personnel required by the Department.
Malda Women’s College is an excellent choice for any student looking to pursue a degree in the field of Arts. The college offers a wide variety of streams to its students, along with all the resources necessary to pursue their academic goals.
Malda Women’s College FAQ
Ques. How are the Malda Women’s College results announced?
Ans. Malda Women’s College results for the semester exams are announced online on the official website.
Ques. What is the process of applying for the BA English course?
Ans: Application can be done through the college’s official website, submit the necessary documents and photos, and pay the application fee.
Ques. Is there a hostel facility available for the BA Hons course?
Ans: There is a hostel and mess facility available for all the courses on campus.
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria for the BA regular course?
Ans. The eligibility criteria for the BA course is as follows:
- General & OBC: Min 45% marks obtained in 10+2 OR min 40% marks in aggregate with 50% marks in the desired subject for Honours.
- SC & ST: Min 40% marks obtained in 10+2 OR min 35% marks in aggregate with 45% marks in the desired subject for Honours.
Note: There is no cut off for the BA General Course, i.e., pass marks in 10+2.
Ques. When is the last date for the submission of the application form?
Ans. The last date for the application for the courses is on June 17th.
Ques. Are there any scholarships available for the students?
Ans. Malda Women’s College has a very dedicated Alumni Association. The alumni of Malda Women’s College are known to provide scholarships to meritorious and needy students.