Gurudeva Institute of Science and Technology - [GISAT] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Gurudeva Institute of Science and Technology (GISAT) was established in 2010 under Sree Narayana Guru Trust. The scenery of the surroundings creates an ideal atmosphere for learning and an eco-friendly environment for creative thinking as well as entertainment. Vennimala is depicted with several legends. The famous Kapila Maharshi is believed to have lived in this famous hill. Taking the order of Lord Rama, his brother Lakshmana defeated the demons who harassed the ascetics lived here. Hence, this place is also known as ‘Vijayadri'
- Motto of the college is "Enlightenment through Education”
- Mission of the college is “Progress through education and emancipation for all”
- GISAT is located in a beautiful landscape of 12 acres at Vennimala, about 10 km east of Kottayam town
- The concept of the campus design is taken up in such a way that, it will be one of the total designed campuses in India, which can attract foreign universities to conduct their courses
- GISAT was inaugurated by Shri A.K. Antony (Honorable Minister of Defense,Govt. of India )
Extracurricular activities -
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
- The Entrepreneurship Development Club (EDC)
Scholarship is available for candidates (M.Tech) with valid GATE Score at the rate of Rs.8, 000/-(Rupees Eight thousand only) per month for the total period of 24 months subject to the following conditions-
- Each student shall undertake 8 to 10 hours of work per week related to teaching and research activities as assigned by the institutions.
- The students must secure first class or equivalent during the first semester examination to become eligible for continuance of scholarship.
- The student shall give an undertaking to the effect that he/she will not leave the course midway or appear for any competent examination not related to Engineering and Technology.
- The students shall not receive any emoluments, salary, stipend etc from any other source during the course of study.
- SC/ST students will be eligible for stipend as per Kerala State Government Rule.