THDC Institue of Power Engineering and Technology was established in 2011. The institute has successfully worked in many Hydro-Projects like Koteshwar Power Plant in 2011 and 1000 MW Tehri Project.
- It is run as a Constituent College of the Uttarakhand Technical University
- The institute is placed at B. Puram, Tehri, and approx. 150 km from capital city – Dehradun on stunning site of THDC project
- The UG program allows students to know-how first-hand, challenges and the joys of research knowledge.
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Library- Library enables books that are available to student of the institution with sitting capacity of 72. It has following numbers of technical books, magazines, national & international publication and periodicals:
- More than 4208 volumes
- 600 + titles
- 45 journals and periodicals
Computer center- The computer center provides networking facilities to 60 workstations of internet connectivity by 2 Mbps (1:4) bandwidth from BSNL leased line. Plus 11 latest machines in Language Lab and 60 up-to-date machines in Electronics & Communication Engineering & Electrical Engineering lab are also added.
- Escalade 2013: A cultural fest organized by THDC Institute of Hydropower Engineering and Technology
- Crescendo- The Band Competition
- Zephyr-The Cultural Event
- Commissioned 4 x 100 MW Koteshwar Power Plant in year 2011
- Received International Award from ICOLD (International Committee on Large Dams) for creating one of the uppermost Dams in the world
- Worked in various Hydro Electric Project of the country viz. Bairasul HE Project (HP), Chamera HE Project (H.P.), Tanakpur HE Project (UK) and Salal HE Project (J&K).