Uttarakhand Technical University was established in the year 2005 in Dehradun. UTU is a public university that is approved by UGC and is the only affiliating University of the state for technical institutions. Apart from this, the University is having 8 Constituent Colleges.
The University provides UG, PG, and Doctoral Courses. This University also includes Doctorate Course i.e. Ph.D. Course with 4 Specializations. Admissions to these Graduate Programmes are through written tests or interviews conducted by the institute itself. For Post Graduate Courses, Graduation of the Candidate is required. For Doctorate Courses, Post-Graduation is required.
Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) Important Dates 2020
|B.Tech Regular/ Lateral Entry Deadline||September 28, 2020|
|Deadline for Online Choice Filling||October 03, 2020|
|Seat Allocation||October 07, 2020|
|Date of Reporting||October 08- October 14, 2020|
Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) Highlights
|Name of Institute||Uttarakhand Technical University|
|Institute Type||State University|
|Approved by||AICTE, UGC|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-Based/ Merit Based|
Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) Courses
The University consists of UG, PG and Doctoral Courses. Some of them are mentioned below:
Subjects: Applied Elec. & Instrumentation, Automobile Engineering, Bio-Chem Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics & Electronics Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Industrial Production Engineering, Information Technology, Inst. Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering
Eligibility: 10+2 with JEE Main Score
Duration: 4 Years
B.Sc Subjects: Animation & Multimedia, Computer Science, Fashion Design, Information Technology
Eligibility: 10+2 with relevant subjects
Duration: 3 Years
Subjects: Bio-Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Computer Science, Digital Communication, Digital Signal Processing, Electrical Engineering, Information Security & Management, Manufacturing Process and Engineering, Power System, Power Electronics & Drives, Production Engineering, Structural Engineering, Thermal Engineering, VLSI Design, Wireless Mobile Communication
Eligibility: B.Tech with valid GATE Score
Duration: 2 Years
Subjects: Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Pharmacology, Quality Assurance & Technique
Eligibility: B.Pharma with valid GPAT Score
Duration: 2 Years
Subjects: General, Hospital Administration
Eligibility: Graduation with UKSEE
Duration: 2 Years
Apart from the courses mentioned above the college also provides B. Pharma., B. Arch., BHMCT, BBA, LLB, BALLB, BBA LLB, Bachelor of Nursing / B. P. Ed. / BJMC, B.Sc. (Hons.), BA, B.Ed. and BHM at the UG level and MCA, MA, M.Sc., MPT, Master in Animated & Special Effects, Diploma Courses at the PG level.
Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) Admissions 2020
- Admission to UG courses is based on the inter-se merit of Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination (UKSEE). A merit list will be prepared based on marks and scores. Qualifying students will have to appear for the counseling.
- Candidates having 50% to 60% marks and valid qualified GATE score for General/OBC candidates will be given preference in admission. Candidates having valid and qualified GATE score are not required to appear in the University entrance examination. During counseling, first few seats will be filled by the qualified GATE candidates and then the remaining seats will be filled according to the merit of the University Entrance Examination (UKSEE). Admission to MCA, MBA, MA, MPT, M.Sc. and Diploma is based on the inter-se merit of the Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination (UKSEE).
- Admission to the Ph.D. program shall be on the basis of the entrance examination conducted by the University.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of the University.
- Register to appear in the exam.
- Upload the relevant documents.
- Fill up the necessary details.
- Once the candidates clear the entrance examination, they will have to attend the UKSEE Counselling.
- Candidates will be allotted seats during the counseling session based on the merit in the qualifying examination as well as the entrance score.
- The University also exercises the reservation policies of the State Govt.
- Admission Slip
- Bank Fee Receipt
- 12th Mark sheet
- 10th Mark sheet
- School Leaving Certificate
- Address Proof
Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) Placements
The University has a pretty good placement record. The placement process is a bit easy and the placement cell of the college is also very supportive.
- The highest package offered at UTU is 56 lakhs
- Students get placement in various companies like Wipro, Infosys, TCS, IBM, HCL, Emicon, Arnav infosoft, Eminence, Amazon, and many others.
- Students get an average of INR 3 to 4 lakhs package every year which is a decent start for the fresher’s.
- The placement cell works hard and every year approximately 80% students of the batch get placed.
The college's internship opportunity is provided equally to everybody. The college has a strict policy of not letting one candidate undertake 2 internship exams if he is shortlisted by 1 company.
Read more: Uttarakhand Technical University Placements
Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) Scholarships
The scholarship is provided by the state or central government. The loan facilities are available for students from all courses. The scholarship is available for merit students and SC, ST, or OBC students. Eligible candidates can fill the scholarship application form from the dates given in Uttarakhand Technical University official notification.
- The Centrally Sponsored Scheme “National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)” was launched in May 2008. The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue the study at the secondary stage.
- Scholarship of INR 6000/- per annum (INR.500/- per month) per student is awarded to selected students every year in State Government, Government aided and local body schools.
- There is a quota of scholarships for different states/UTs. Students whose parental income from all sources is not more than INR 1,50,000/- are eligible to avail the scholarships. Scholarships are disbursed by the State Bank of India directly into the bank accounts of students on a quarterly basis.
Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) Facilities
The University provides almost every basic facility to its students as well as to the faculty. Some of the major facilities are as follows:
- Library: All books in one place, no need to search randomly & to buy expensive books. This is the importance of the library. The library has 2014 books of CSE, 1635 books of ECE, 1386 books of EE, 1965 books of ME, and 1172 books of civil. Each branch has more than 60 titles that help the students to refer and gain knowledge.
- Sports: The University has sports facilities for all students. The Students can be physically fit and mentally relaxed.
- I.T Infrastructure: The University has an excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
- Auditorium: The University has an auditorium facility for events and seminars.
- Laboratories: The University has a departmental based laboratory facility for the students.
- Classrooms: The University has a well-equipped Classroom facility available on the campus.
- Cafeteria: University has a well-furnished and hygienic canteen which provides healthy and nutritious food to the students. A mess is designed, spacious, open and structural to create amiably and home-like atmosphere by providing nutritious and healthy food in a most hygienic way. The schedule is planned weekly according to the vegetarian and non-vegetarian taste of the students.
- Transport Facility: University provides the bus facility to pick and drop the students from hostels. The spacious bus can carry around 50 students at a time. This helps students to inculcate punctuality.
- Medical/Hospital: The Medical aid facility is also given to the students. The ambulance service is ready 24X7 in case of any emergency. The college is tied up with leading hospitals for major treatments of its ailing students.
Read more: Uttarakhand Technical University Hostels
Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) Faculty
Most of the faculty of the college is highly graduated from top-class colleges of India and abroad. The Faculty members are very helpful and always ready to clear doubts. They are highly educated.
Vice chancellor: Dr. Narendra S. Chaudhari
No. of associate professors: 30+
No. of assistant professors: 80+
Read more: Uttarakhand Technical University Faculty
Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) FAQs
Ques. Name the list of companies visited in Uttarakhand Technical University for the campus placements?
Ans. There are plenty of decent companies who visited UTU for recruitment. Of the whole list of companies, here are the few – The students of the University get placements in top MNCs like Infosys, TCS, Wipro, IBM, Amazon, and many more.
Ques. What is the Cut Off of the Uttarakhand Technical University?
Ans. Uttarakhand Technical University announces its cut off & merit list for various courses to get admission in UG & PG programs every year. There are around 70 departments & colleges in UTU - Uttarakhand Technical University for which cutoff will be determined on the basis of reservation categories and the availability of the seats.
Ques. Is Uttarakhand Technical University good for Hotel Management?
Ans. It is one of the best colleges for hotel management as it provides 100 percent placement in the senior companies like taj, Oberoi, etc. It provides a minimum internship of INR 22,000 pm.
Ques. What are the names and modes of Entrance Exams in the Uttarakhand Technical University?
Ans. The Entrance Exams are GATE / JEE / UKSEE / GPAT / UTU Entrance Exam and these can be given both by Online and Offline Modes.
Ques. How admission takes place in the Uttarakhand Technical University?
Ans. The admission is granted on the basis of the Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination (UKSEE) and it is necessary to score above the University cut off to get shortlisted in the desired course. The college further takes up the counselling process and then the students are granted admission.
Ques. What are the courses offered at Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU)?
Ques. What are the documents that candidates need to carry at the time of UTU admission?
Ques. What are the stats of UTU placement 2020?
Ques. Does UTU provide any scholarship for economically weaker section candidates?
Ques. What are the facilities available at UTU?