University Institute of Engineering & Technology (UIET) is one of the renowned engineering institutes situated in Uttar Pradesh. Founded in 1996 as a part of CSJM University, UIET is located at Kalyanpur, Kanpur, U.P.
At present, the institute has an intake strength of 1,700 students on its rolls in six disciplines of Engineering (Chemical, Computer Science and Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication and Material Science & Engineering) and other career-oriented programs like MCA, M.Sc. and M.Phil.
- For B.Tech admissions, candidates should have completed 10+2 in science stream with minimum 40% marks.
- Candidates should have physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects at 10+2 level.
- Only UPSEE qualified candidates are eligible for counselling and admission.
- B. Tech and MCA candidates are selected on the basis of marks scored in UPSEE .
- M.Sc. and M.Phil. candidates are selected on the basis of marks scored in the respective entrance exams, conducted by the governing university.
- Only those candidates who meet the minimum cut-off percentile (25% usually) in UPSEE are selected for counselling.
- Candidates can apply only through online mode to appear for UPSEE (For B. Tech and MCA).
- M.Sc. and M.Phil. candidates can apply via online or offline mode through the university website or institute admission cell.
- Application fee is INR 1200 for General category candidates. For SC/ST candidates, application fee is INR 600.
- Seats are reserved for candidates belonging to reserved categories as per norms set by the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
|Name of the University||University Institute of Engineering &Technology|
|Basic Admission Criteria||State Level Entrance Exam|
|Name of Entrance Exam||UPSEE|