Vi Institute of Technology was established in 2009 and is located in Kanchipuram, Chennai. Affiliated to Anna University, it is run by high class experienced academicians from various disciplines of Engineering. The college is approved by AICTE and offers both UG and PG courses namely BE and ME.
This institute is also a part of the prestigious manufacturing company “Vi Microsystems Pvt. Ltd.” The college is one of the most reputed colleges in Chennai and offers good placement opportunities to its students in various companies like Amazon, CapGemini, Techlab Electronics, Tech Mahindra, Maxit, etc.
The institute also provides all the facilities required in terms of recreation, education, accommodation as well as infrastructure. The admission to the college is done through counseling conducted by Anna University itself.
Vi Institute of Technology Highlights
The interested students can get a glance of the institute through the following points:
|Established I Institute type||2009 I Private|
|Approved by||All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||Anna University (AU), Chennai|
|Courses offered||UG & PG|
|Popular Courses||B.E., M.E.|
|Entrance exams||TNEA, TANCET|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Top Recruiters||Techlab Electronics, Tech Mahindra, Maxit|
|Facilities Available||Hostels, Library, Labs, Transport, etc.|
VIIT Kanchipuram Top Courses
The college offers both UG and PG courses in different fields. In UG domain B.E. degree is offered with 5 specializations and in PG domain M.E degree is offered. The basic eligibility and duration of the courses are tabulated below:
|Course Name||Specializations||Basic Eligibility||Duration|
|B.E.||Electrical Engineering||10+2 with 50% + TNEA||4 years|
|Electronics and Communications Engineering|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|M.E.||Embedded Systems Technologies||Graduation with 50% + TANCET||2 years|
VIIT Kanchipuram Admission
The college offers BE and ME courses with various specializations. The applications can be filled offline. The basic eligibility for UG programmes is 10+2 and for PG programme is Graduation with the respective entrance exams.
- For BE, the students have to appear for TNEA counseling. There is no entrance exam and students are admitted on the basis of their 10+2 marks.
- For ME, the students have to produce a GATE scorecard or appear for TANCET entrance exam.
How to Apply?
- The students have to visit the official website of Anna University and register themselves.
- After registering, the candidates have to fill the application form carefully mentioning all the required details and uploading certain documents.
- The students then have to visit the University for counseling if they are selected based on the merit list released.
The important dates for examinations are listed below:
|TANCET Registration||07 Jan - 04 Feb, 2020|
|TANCET ME Exam||01 Mar, 2020|
|GATE Exam||01 Feb, 2020; 02 Feb, 2020; 08 Feb, 2020; 09 Feb, 2020|
Read more: VIIT Kanchipuram Admission
VIIT Kanchipuram Placements
The Institute has a dedicated Placement and Training Centre which offers Career Development programmes for students who wish to enter the corporate world. Training starts in the beginning of second year to help students learn all the required skills in due time.
The placement record of the college is quite good with students getting placed in companies every year. Some of the major recruiters are:
- SAMCYS Technologies
- Techlab Electronics
- Tech Accel Frontline Global IT Services
- Ultra Violet Energy Systems
- Vi Microsystems Pvt. Ltd.
- Jasmin Infotech
- Benn Electricals Pvt. Ltd.
- Engineering Global Solutions
- Talent Pro
- Appasamy Associates
- Sarva eyam Solutions
Click here VIIT Kanchipuram Placement
VIIT Kanchipuram Scholarships
The College offers scholarships to the needy and meritorious students as per the government norms. Some of the scholarships are funded by third party organizations. The scholarships are distributed for various categories but mainly for students belonging to sports quota and those who have performed well in academics. Other scholarships such as SC/ST, EWS categories, etc. are funded by the Central or State government.
Also check VIIT Kanchipuram Scholarships
VIIT Kanchipuram Facilities
The college provides all the basic facilities such as Wi-Fi, well built infrastructure and other facilities like:
- Library: The College has a well maintained library consisting of more than 10000 volumes of books in the field of Engineering Science & Technology. The books are stored in stack area, reference section, circulation section, Journals sections and can be issued as per the rules of the library. The library also has a digital library which consists of e-books and e-journals.
- Hostel: The College provides separate hostels for boys and girls and has all the necessary facilities like common room, computer room, sports facilities, etc. Boys Hostel has 100 rooms and can accommodate about 300 students and the Girls hostel has 20 rooms, which can accommodate about 80 students.
- Sports and Games: The college believes at overall development of students and conducts various sports activities both at Inter College and Intra College levels. It has all the courts and sports equipment needed.
- Cafeteria: The College has a well maintained and hygienic canteen which provides food at reasonable rates. The parents who visit the campus are provided food free of cost.
- Transport: The College provides students with flexible & cost effective network of transport. It is also provided for the evening classes.
VIIT Kanchipuram FAQs
Ques. Who all can apply for TNEA and TANCET counseling?
Ques. Is residing in hostels compulsory?
Ques. Is any special training provided to students apart from course syllabus?
Ques. What all documents are required during counseling?
- SSLC Certificate with marks (for evidence of Date of Birth)
- Higher Secondary Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last studied
- Original Community Certificate
- Sports Certificates of achievement, if allotted under Sports Quota
- Extra Curricular Certificates, if any.
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Nativity Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate (other State Candidates only)
- Three Passport size photos
Ques. Are there any medical facilities available?