BIT Deoghar was established in 2007 as the eighth of the Institute’s campuses within India offering undergraduate programs in different streams of engineering.
- The motto of the college is “Learning is that which Liberates”.
- BIT was also decided that 50% seats would be for students acquiring eligible qualifications from Institutions located in Jharkhand while the remaining 50% would be for students from the other states of the country.
- BIT was the first institute in India to establish a department of space engineering and rocketry.
- The railway station in Deoghar is at Baidyanath Dham, at a distance of 7 km from the heart of the city. It is a terminal station.
- Rajiv Kaul, A computer science engineering student from BIT, Mesra, became the youngest managing directors of Microsoft in India.
Research and International collaboration –
BIT has established international ventures and tie-ups. It has collaborative arrangements with USA, UK, Canada, France, Italy, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Pakistan, and China.
- The institute has an agreement with Purdue University, USA for a Student exchange program.
- BIT is one of the two Asian educational partners of University of New Brunswick, Saint John of Canada in the field of Business Administration.
- BIT is among five leading Science and Technology institutions in India eligible for Cargill Global Scholars Program working with the Institute of International Education.
- BIT conducts a six-month post-graduate program in management and insurance (PGPMI) in association with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance.
Number of Placement
- Library - The collection comprises varied resources in the fields of science & technology. At present there are almost 7500 books and several e-Books and national and international journals
- Hostel - Development of the Deoghar Campus with its own buildings, including hostel facilities for existing students are being carried out at rapid pace. The plans in the first phase comprise construction of adequate academic space, hostel accommodation for 800 students, sports facilities, a health centre and residential facilities for Institute staff.
UTTHAAN- A techno-cultural fest celebrated since last 3 years comes up with unique and innovative events, mind blowing professional shows and glamorous lifestyle events.
Extracurricular activities –
- Conducts national and international level seminars/conferences/workshops regularly for the benefit of its faculty and student.
- An Inter-college software development competition is organized each year.
- Students are encouraged to participate in several technical and non-technical events in inter-college festivals and other symposia at the national level.
- For the overall personality development extra-curricular activities are given due importance along with academic activities.