Marshaghai college was established in 1980 and is located in kendrapara in Orissa. It is a non government college. The college is certified from AICTE and is approved by the regional director of education, Bhubaneswar,Odisha. The initiation of the institution was taken by Sj.Gangadhar Mohapatra. The institute has been aggregated with a B+ grade from NAAC. Affiliated to Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.
The college in present day has 49 teaching and 36 non teaching staff members. It is a Co-Ed college. There are about 1445 students enrolled and provides full time study mode. The college imparts two vocational education that is Dairy farming and CPM with project genesis class. The college provides hostel facilities for girls. Students can submit their application form in online mode for taking admissions.
Marshaghai college Highlights
|Established | Type||1980 | Utkal University|
|Recognized by||AICTE ,UGC|
|Accredited by||NAAC grade B+|
|Courses offered||BA, B.Sc, B.com|
|facility||Hostel, Central Library, Internet, Health Care, Guest House, Canteen, etc.|
|University entrance exam||Utkal University Entrance Exam|
Marshaghai College Courses Offered
Marshaghai college offers UG courses such as BA, B.sc, B.com. Details of the same are given below:
|BA||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Candidate must have scored 50% marks in 10+2.
Subjects: Economics, English, History, Odia, Educational, Political, Sociology
Duration: 3 years
Subjects: Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology
|B.Com||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility:Candidate must have scored 50% marks in 10+2.
Marshaghai College Admission Procedure
The Admission Process of Marshaghai College is an online application form filling.
How to Apply?
- The student has to submit the application form in online mode.
- While the form filling procedure, the candidate should fill all the details asked in form correctly, failure of which can lead to rejection of application form.
- Candidates can print a computer copy of the filled application form.
- Candidates can submit the application form and can get admission in any of the streams they want.
- The application form is known as Common Application Form (CAF) for admission to any stream of any of the Junior / Degree colleges selected for e-Admission.
- Marksheet of SLC/CLC/Board Certificate etc (For +2 & +3 applicants) is required.
- Conduct Certificate
- Computerised Mark-Sheet
- Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST students from the competent authority.
- Physically Handicapped students have to attach a Medical Certificate issued by the C.D.M.O. NCC Certificate (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate (Only in case of other Board/University applicants)
- President’s Scout/Guide Certificate (for +2 streams only)
- Sports Certificate by the director of sports is needed.
- One self-addressed unstamped envelope of size (9″x4″).
The application complete in every respect along with the requisite documents should be submitted to the Admission Committee in the college office during working hours.
Marshaghai College Facilities
- Library: The Library facility is provided to the students of the college, in which all the books required for the courses are present for the students.
- Women Welfare: The college has appointed a women's harassment cell. The cell takes special care of all the female students and female staff of the campus. Additionally it provides self defense training every year.
- Canteen: Canteen facility is available for all the students and teachers in which they are served with a variety of good quality food.
- Hostels: Hostel facilities are provided only for the Girls of college in which they are provided with all the basic amenities and needs for a student. The college hostel has a capacity of accompanying 200 girls.
- Placement cell: The institute has a Training and Placement Cell which regulates and manages all the placement activities.
- Post office: Students and the staff members are provided with the facility of a post office facility in the campus itself.
Marshaghai College Faculty
|Department||No. of Professors|
|Dept. of History||2|
|Dept. of Odia||1|
|Dept. of English||4|
|Dept. of Sociology||2|
|Dept. of Botany||1|
|Dept. of Chemistry||2|
|Dept. of Commerce||1|
|Dept. of Economics||2|
|Dept. of Education||2|
|Dept. of Logic and Philosophy||1|
|Dept. of Maths||2|
|Dept. of Physics||3|
|Dept. of Statistics||2|
|Dept. of Zoology||2|
|Dept. of Political Science||3|
Marshaghai College FAQs
Ques. Are there any hostel facilities for boys in Marshaghai college?
Ans. No, there is no hostel facility for boys in this college, the college is having girls hostels and the college has strict rules regarding hostels and girls safety.
Ques. Are the students provided with any scholarship in Marshaghai college?
Ans. There is no scholarship given to students of this institute as the fees are not too costly. But being an AICTE approved college one can easily opt for an Education Loan.
Ques. In Marshaghai college, what is Promoting Criteria?
Ans. Before the examinations, students have to clear dues from Hostel, Library, etc. For promotion to the next higher class, the student has to secure a minimum percentage of marks as decided by the Marshaghai College. According to Utkal University instructions, the 1st-degree examinations will continue on the CBCS system only.
Ques. Can a student of Marshaghai college change their subject during the course of study?
Ans. Yes, Students can change their subject during their course duration, but with the permission of the college authorities.
Ques. Are there any College-Groups or societies in Marshaghai College?
Ans. The college is having different societies and student unions.Any student from college can enroll in the societies namely, Cultural society, education society, athlete society, the science society, etc.