Dr. Arvind B. Telang Senior College is a constituent of Camp Education Society which was established in 1998. Camp Education Society was founded in 1885 by Rajanna Lingu Polas, Balkrishna Sayanna Motadu, B. Dastur, Dorabji Booty, Gangaram Bhau Mhaske and Mahatma Jyotiba Phule along with other socially committed people, to create social awareness and to spread the light of education for socially and financially backward sections of the society
- The college awarded with ‘B’ Grade by NAAC
- The college offers Bachelor Courses in the field of Arts, Science, Commerce, Computer Application and Masters in Arts, Science, Commerce
- The college started with 100 students. Now the college has reached to the strength of 2200 students within the span of 13 years
- The college aims at fulfilling the social economical and educational needs of the state
- NSS- The college has 3 units of NSS with 250 student volunteers. Volunteers participate in various activities such as Water Management, Health and Hygiene Campaign, Female Foeticide, AIDS Prevention, Gambling and Betting, Women Education and Eradication of Superstitions, Blood Donation, Rallies on Social issues etc.
- Sports –Various outdoor and indoor activities like Volleyball, Football, Chess, Badminton etc. are played by students
- Cultural Activities- The college organised cultural and social activities, such as Street Play, Statue competition with joint venture of the College and Board of Student Welfare, University of Pune, had arranged one day self defense camp under Nirbhay Kanya Abhiyan. 170 girl students of our institution participated in this activity
- Student Magazine: The college publish the annual magazine ‘Jidnyasapurti’. The students are encouraged to contribute articles on various topics in the form of poems, essays, short stories, proverbs etc.
- Industry Interaction- Industrial visits are organized to various industries by respective departments. The college promotes a culture of industry friendliness and creates opportunities for strong interaction of students with industries.
Library has an area of 210sq.Mts. with total Seating Capacity of 95 students. The college library has more than 13000 books, 98000 e-books, 6000 e-journals with OPAC / Web OPAC.
The college has total 127 computers with LAN, 7 LCD projectors, 2 Scanners, 46 Printers internet facility. Wi-Fi facility is available in computer department.
There are 12 lab including Computer Science, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Physics, Electronics lab etc.
- Fees concession for economically backward class students
- Fee concession for the wards of soldiers died in 2nd World was or permanently disabled
- Scholarship of Indian Government for Backward class students
- Scholarship for the students having permanent physical disability