Initially established as ‘The Mahakali Pathshala’, the A.P. Sen Memorial Girls College was formed with an aim to educate the children in their mother tongue ‘Bengali’. However, with the changing names and the progressive times, the institute has emerged to be the first women’s college to get the affiliation from the University of Lucknow. It is the prime intention of the college to provide the ever improving knowledge to its students and bring out the smart and responsible graduates capable of securing best positions into their job interests.
Recognized for High School in
1933, by the U.P. Board
Established as a Degree College in
The Lucknow University
Total Campus Area
No. of members in the Managing Committee
No. of Computers with internet
No. of Class rooms
110 girls under the age of 20 years
How to reach the Campus
Walking distance of half km. from Charbagh Railway Station
1. NCC & NSS: The college has developed a special community for the National Cadet Core (NCC) and the National Service Scheme (NSS) in order to develop a sense of service and relation between its students and the community. The NSS Certificate is also provided to the students who work for 2 years or more.
2. Presence of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell: A special cell has been activated in the college working, so as to make the continuous improvement in the standards of teaching methods and material.
3. Academic Audit:This is a cell in the college premises which keeps up with all the particulars regarding the conferences, seminars, workshops, orientation programs as well as the short term or refresher courses.
4. Disciplinary Board:A Board of 4 members has been constructed in the college system to maintain the rules and regulations of the institute and to keep a check if they are followed properly.
5. Other Committees:Apart from the very basic facilities, a library advisory board, a student government association, a protection from women harassment cell as well as an anti-ragging committee has also been formed in the institute for the welfare of its students.