University of Lucknow or Lucknow University (LU) is one of the oldest government-owned Indian Research University located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The university is approved by UGC, New Delhi. With over 101 Affiliated Colleges and to approx 1,00,000 students, the university offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in various streams such as Arts, Science, Commerce, Law, and Fine Arts. Lucknow University Admission is done on the basis of entrance exams which is conducted by the university itself.
Latest UpdatesMarch 23
: B.Tech, MCA, MBA Admission have started. Click here
to Apply. M.P Ed and B. P Ed Admissions are ongoing now. Click here
Lucknow University Highlights
Lucknow University Courses with Eligibility
The university provides a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in multiple disciplines. The table below briefs the name of the courses with eligibility
|BA(Hons)||Intermediate(10+2) in any discipline with at least 50%|
|B.Sc.||Intermediate(10+2) in a science discipline with at least 50%|
|B.Com||Intermediate(10+2) in commerce discipline with at least 50%|
|LL.B&||Intermediate(10+2) in any discipline with at least 50%|
|BCA||Intermediate(10+2) in any discipline with at least 50%.
Computer Science or Information Technology as a mandatory subject
|B.Lib.Sc.||Graduate in any discipline with at least 55%|
|M.Com||B.Com (General/ Hons) with at least 55%|
|LL.M||LLB or BA LLB with at least 55%|
|M.Ed||B.Ed graduates in the relevant subjects with a minimum of 55% in total aggregate|
|M.Sc.||B.Sc. (General/ Hons) in the relevant courses with at least 55%|
|MVA||BVA with a minimum of 55% in total aggregate|
|MCA||BCA or B.Sc. in CS/IT with a minimum of 55% in total aggregate|
|MTTM||B.VOC graduates in Travel and Tourism with a minimum of 55% in total aggregate|
|M.Lib.Sc.||B.Lib.Sc. graduates with at least 55%|
|M.P.Ed||B.P.Ed graduates with at least 55%|
|Ph.D.||Master's degree in the relevant courses with at least 55%|
Check: Lucknow University Fee Structure as per Courses
Lucknow University Admissions
The university provides a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in multiple disciplines. The university offers various UG programs including BA, B.Com, LL.B, and BCA whereas PG programs viz. M.Com, LL.M, M.Sc., MVA, and MCA. The university also offers research programs such as Ph.D. in different departments. Admissions to all the courses are done on the basis of various entrance exams, applicants to take admission to any of the courses must register themselves.
Prerequisites for the application procedure:
- Valid Email ID and Active Mobile Number
- Scanned passport size photograph in JPEG format
- Scanned signature
- Intermediate(10+2) Mark sheet
- Aadhar Card
- Photo ID proof
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- Income Certificate (if required)
To register for the desired courses, candidates must follow the subsequent steps:
Follow the subsequent steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university and go to the admission portal
Step 2: Register yourself with a valid contact number and email id, applicants will receive their login details in the registered details
Step 3: Enter LU Login credentials and begin with the application procedure
Step 4: Fill in the form with personal details along with the educational qualifications and upload scanned photo and signature
Step 5: Applicants can preview all the entries made at this point. If there is some error, they can be edited.
Step 6: Proceed for payment of the application fees and make a payment of the required amount as per your category and course.
With this, the registration and application procedure is completed. Candidates are requested to take a printout of the form and fee receipt for future requirements.
Candidates are shortlisted for all the programs on the basis of marks obtained in the university level entrance exam. LU UG admissions are mainly done on the basis of the entrance test conducted by the university itself. The brief of the selection procedure of each course is given below:
- Undergraduate programs likeB.A(Hons), B.Com(Hons), BBA, BBA+MBA, BFA, BVA, LLB, B.Sc.(Hons), BCA, B.Voc, B.Lib.Sc., and B.P.Ed. admissions are done on the basis of candidate’s marks obtained in Lucknow University Entrance Test.
- B.Tech aspirants are admitted on the basis of score occupied in UPSEE and B.Ed. admission is done on UPJEE B.Ed exam.
- MTTM and MBA admissions are done on the entrance exam basis – marks obtained in LUMET or CAT followed by GDPI round – Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- Selection of other postgraduate programs like M.Sc., MA., M.Com, LLM, MVA, M.Lib.Sc., and M.P.Ed. are done on entrance exam basis conducted by the university followed by Personal Interview
- LU M.Ed. Entrance Test is conducted for M.Ed. admissions, aspirants will be shortlisted for Personal Interview round after successfully cracking the entrance.
- Ph.D. admissions are done on the basis of entrance test conducted by the university. The selection procedure depends on the candidate’s past academic records, the proposal on the desired research area, and personal interview.
Check:Lucknow University Admissions
Note: The university admits cards for the entrance examination, as well as the final semester/ annual examinations, are uploaded on the official website of the university. Candidates can view the admit cards and download it by entering their respective Form Number.
Documents at the time of Lucknow University Counseling
- Photo ID and Address Proof any one of Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driving Licence, Passport
- Class 10 Mark sheet and Certificate
- Class 12 Mark sheet
- Four passport size Colour Photographs
- Caste Certificate (If required)
- Income Certificate
Lucknow University Placements
The University has a centralized and active Counseling and Placement Cell that assures support to the top recruiters and the interested students at every stage of the placement process. The Cell acts as an interface between the recruitment companies and the students and will fundamentally enable the students to select from their career opportunities. It also facilitates the selection process of all the companies as per their requirements. The Counseling and Placement Cell will liaison with corporate/organizations to provide suitable jobs for the students completing their graduation from the University of Lucknow. It also proposes to conduct seminars, workshops, mock tests, guest lectures, soft and technical training skills, and many more valuable sessions for students to enable them to become successful professionals.
Some of the major recruiters are ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, IDEA, Cease Fire, Brooke India, and MRF Tyres.
Highest Package: INR 4.5lpa
Lowest Package: INR 2.1lpa
Check:Lucknow University Placements
Lucknow University Facilities
- Tagore Library: It is the Central Research library of the University. It is respected as one of the oldest, well organized and richest libraries in India.
- Auditorium: The Auditorium is the home to all the big events that take place at the University. From Seminars to conferences, Cultural programs to fests, everything is held in the auditorium.
- Hostel: The University has sixteen hostels and provides separate accommodation for boys and girls. The hostel rooms are allotted on a twin-sharing basis and the present capacity is nearly 3000 inmates.
- Central Facility for Computational Research (CFCR) (Computer Cluster): The CFCR Computer cluster contains one master node and five compute nodes. Each node consists of 16 processors making a total of 96 cores. The software that is currently installed is Gaussian 09, MATLAB and Mathematica.