Established in 1965, NSS College is a Government aided Arts & Science College owned and managed by Nair Service Society. The College is affiliated to University of Calicut and is one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in Malappuram District. It has been approved by AICTE and accredited Grade ‘B’ by NAAC. Presently, the college offers eight UG and three PG courses. A doctoral course in History is also available. The admission to all the courses is merit based. The college has overall 15 departments.
The college has a well built campus including all the modern facilities like Computer lab, Language lab, Gymnasium, Canteen, Zoology museum and a fully equipped seminar hall. The faculty of the college is also well experienced and believes in taking research forward.
NSS College, Kerala Highlights
The interested students can get a glance of the institute through the following points:
|Established I Institute type||1965 | Public|
|Approved by||All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||University of Calicut|
|Courses offered||B.Sc, BA, B.Com, MA, M.Com and Ph.D|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, BA and M.Com|
|Facilities Available||Library, Computer Centre, Gymnasium, Canteen, Zoology museum, etc.|
NSS College, Kerala Courses
The college offers courses in both UG and PG domains in different subjects. The basic eligibility and specializations are tabulated below:
|Course Name||Specializations||Duration||Basic Eligibility|
|B.Sc||Plant Science||3 Years||10+2|
|M.Com||Financial Management As Elective||2 Years||Graduation|
|Ph.D||History||Minimum 3 Years||Post Graduation|
Read more: NSS College Courses and Fees
NSS College, Kerala Admissions
The college offers UG and PG courses in various fields. The students should have completed their 10+2 from any recognized board to be eligible to take admission to the first year of UG course and for PG admission, he/she should have completed Graduation from any recognized University.
How to Apply?
- The candidates have to apply for admission and it must be made in the prescribed form which can be had from the college on payment of a registration fee of INR 30.
- Candidates seeking admission to the college from other universities should apply for recognition from the University of Calicut.
- The selected candidates are then made to appear for an interview before the principal after receiving the intimation card. The selection is provisional and is subject to confirmation after the interview and scrutiny of the certificates.
- Candidates seeking admission must produce transfer and conduct certificates from the school or college they last attended and qualifying certificates and mark list in original at the time of admission.
- Candidates selected for admission will have to pay the required tuition fees due at the time of admission, caution deposit and all other fees prescribed by the college. Fees once paid will not be returned.
NSS College, Kerala Placements
The college helps in providing various kinds of mentoring facilities to its students. It has a dedicated Career Guidance Cell which provides opportunities for all students for an all-round development of his/her personality. The students graduating from N. S. S. College receives the accurate guidance and excellent placement assistance through the cell for a bright career. It also aims at developing a holistic personality in students enabling them to succeed while at the same time finding fulfillment in their personal lives. The ultimate aim is to prepare students to be responsible and responsive to the demands of the society.
Read more: NSS College Placement
NSS College, Kerala Scholarships
The college offers various scholarships and financial assistance to the deserving students. Some among them are:
- National Merit Scholarship
- MHRD & UGC scholarships
- National loan Scholarship
- State Merit Scholarship
- University Merit Scholarship
Moreover, Fee concession is also available to students whose yearly income is less than INR 100000/- (KPCR) and financial assistance is available to students of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories.
Read more: NSS College Scholarship
NSS College, Kerala Facilities
The college provides all the basic facilities to its students in its campus only. The infrastructure of the campus is quite well built with facilities like:
- Library: The College provides its students with a centralized library having a full time librarian and the required support staff. Having a proper central section, a reference section and a section for periodicals, the library functions with proper rules and regulations and proves to be very useful to the students.
- Computer Centre: Functioning under the IT club, the college has a top notch computer centre with a full time operator. The students have a very high speed internet broadband access.
- Gymnasium: The gymnasium is itself a club providing the students the facility to maintain their physical health just as their mental health while studying in the college.
- Canteen: The College provides a canteen for its students and staff so that they can have healthy and hygienic meals and refreshments easily at affordable prices.
- Co Operative Store: There is a Co Operative store on the college campus. Both students and staff members have access to this store. Various textbooks and stationery items are available here at concessional rates.
- Digital Classrooms: These classrooms are provided to each and every department of the college. This room has a computer, multimedia projector, and internet and LAN connectivity. The teachers can access the internet while class is going on and provide the latest information and references to the students.
Read More: NSS College Facilities
NSS College, Kerala Faculty
The faculty of NSS College, Manjeri is highly qualified and is expert in teaching in their respective subjects. A total of 44 teachers, sixty percent of whom are Research Degree holders manage the teaching and learning process. Prof. R. Prasanna Kumar, Secretary, N. S. S. Colleges Central Committee eagerly monitor the day to day activities of the college on its path to accomplish the mission. Overall administration of the college is handled by Dr. Sajan R, Principal, NSS College.
Read more: NSS College Faculty
Ques. What kind of environment does the college cater to differently abled students?
Ques: How well connected are the Alumni of the college?
Ques. What are the co-curricular activities in which the college engages its students?
Ques. Are there any part time courses available?
Ques. What is the Scholar Support Programme provided by the college?