Arya Vidyapeeth College, situated in the heart of Guwahati city, is one of the premier institutions of higher learning not only in Assam but the whole of North East India. Arya Vidyapeeth stands out as the perihelion, emitting its radiance and beckoning the student community to be a part of this glorious institution and stride along with it in its further strive for excellence.
Established in : 1958
Affiliated to: Guwahati University
Arya Vidyapeeth Courses
- B.A. In Assamese, Bengali, Economics, Education, Hindi, Philosophy, Political Science and Sanskrit.
- B.Sc in Anthropology, Botany, Zoology, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography and Geology.
Arya Vidyapeeth College has been the first amongst all the grants-in-aid colleges of Assam to launch post graduate courses in Mathematics as well as Honours in Economics.
Read about AVC Courses & Fee
Arya vidyapeeth Admission
A candidate must pass H.S.L.C. Examination of the Board of Secondary Education, Assam, or equivalent examination recognised by Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
Three-year Degree Course :
A candidate must pass Higher Secondary Examination of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council or equivalent examination recognised by the U.G.C.
Click here Arya vidyapeeth Admission
Arya vidyapeeth Facilities
The College library has a collection of about 50,000 copies of text and reference books. Useful journals, magazines and newspapers are purchased and subscribed regularly. Besides, every department is having a Departmental Library where useful reference books are available for consultation. Students can check the availability of books they need personally.
Health Centre :
The college provides a health centre which facilitates the neighbourhood also. Vaccination, health awareness campaign etc. are regularly carried out in addition to regular medical assistance. The college’s N.C.C. wing works hand-in-hand in such ventures. A unit of the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) operates from the Health Centre thereby upgrading the facilities.
A total of 213 N.C.C. cadets comprising one Company of 1 Assam BN and a troop of 60 Assam girls’ BN is functional in the college campus. The cadets have organised many unforgettable camps which makes the college feel proud by representing the North Eastern Region in different national level camps and N.C.C. activities in many parts of the country.
The college has a strong and vibrant N.S.S. unit which has been rendering various community services. The Volunteers play an active part in keeping the college campus clean and pollution free. Under the banner of the N.S.S. Unit of the College campus are organized in nearby rural areas to carry out Community Development activities.
Clubs & Forums
There are different common forums of students and teachers :
- Science Club : The college has a science club. Scientific Seminars and exhibitions are held from time to time.
- Debaters' Club : Debates are a regular part of the activities of the students. Besides the annual college debating event in College Week, All Assam Banikanta Memorial Debating. Competition is held yearly. Moreover, students are sent to participate in the competitions held in different institutions of the State.
- Literary Club : The college has a literary club. Literary activities are held from time to time, besides, the annual literary competitions held during the College Week.
- Mountaineering Club : The Arya Mountaineers’ and Adventurers’ Circle (AMAC), is an enlisted organization of the Indian Mountaineering Foundation, New Delhi which is giving the flavour of different types of adventure sports to its members by organizing different activities like white water rafting, high altitude trekking, rock climbing, parasailing, mountaineering, canoeing, kayaking etc. time to time.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell : The college has a Cell to create awareness about self-employment and entrepreneurship among students of the college by regularly arranging seminars, exhibitions and awareness programme etc.
- Hobby Club : The college has a hobby club which is a platform for the students to cultivate their various fields of interest.
- Facilities like Wi-Fi, 24 hours power back-up, language laboratory, UV-Vis spectrophotometer, gemological instruments etc are all part of the first phase of implementation.