Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College (ARDS College), formerly Sanatan Dharma College,is a co-educational constituent College of the University of Delhi, which was founded on August 3, 1959 in Anand Parvat by the Sanatan Dharma Sabha (Rawalpindi) based in Delhi. The college shifted to the present location in Dhaula Kuan in 1963.The great visionaries who put the dream of founding a college in Delhi into reality were Sh. Mela Ram Jaggi Ji, Sh. Ganga Ram Gujral Ji and Sh. Atma Ram Chadha Ji.
- The picturesque campus covers an area of 12.31 acres.
- ARSD, as it is popularly known, is a brilliant college with highly experienced teaching staff & tremendously well-organized non-teaching staff.
- The college has in total of 14 departments which are known for their research activities and various collaborations.
- The college has given some of the most prominent persons in this country. The list of alumni includes several scientists, Chartered Accountants, lawyers, professors, bureaucrats, entrepreneurs, leaders, actors, singers, anchors etc.
The library has a wide collection of more than 1,00,000 books on matters of different subjects taught in the College & common interest. It has an updated Textbook Section besides a Book Bank & Students Support Fund Unit. The Library subscribes to over 60 periodicals, journals, popular magazines and newspaper. The library is fully computerized & airy.
IT Infrastructure :
The College has well-equipped computer labs with latest configuration along with all necessary peripherals and internet connectivity installed and these are made available for round the clock use.
The college campus is totally Wi-Fi enabled.
The College has Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Physics and Analytical Laboratories which are well equipped and maintained with all the necessary apparatus/instruments in good condition.
The College provides both indoor and outdoor sports facilities. The College has play field for Cricket, Football and Hockey and well planned courts for Basket Ball, Badminton etc. It also provides facilities for indoor games like T.T, Carom and Chess etc.
Extra curricular activities :
The college takes student participation in extracurricular and co-curricular activities seriously and so it is mandatory for the students to join at least one of the subsequent co-curricular activities: NCC, NSS or any sport.
NSS of the College is engaged in many community activities like blood donation camps, adult literacy, working with Blind Relief Association and Spastic Society, campaigns against drug abuse and projects related to environmental issues.
The college maintains two Platoons of the NCC (Army Wing). The students also join Air and Naval Wings of the NCC. The students get selected for CM Rally, PM Rally and Republic Day Parade.
Many of the faculty members of the various departments of the college are active in the field of research. There are numerous Research Projects sponsored by University Grants Commission, Department of Science and Technology, University of Delhi, Indian council of Social Science Research, Indian Institute of Public Administration, and other such bodies.
Cultural Activities :
The college provides excellent opportunities for students to exhibit their talent in the fields of dramatics, music and dance and other fields of culture The Cultural Society and Rangayan, the Dramatic Society are the two most active/creative avenues for students. They organizes skit competitions, street plays and mono act play. The college brings out a magazine Udyanchal every year.
The Cultural Society organizes the Tide Festival which is the annual inter college cultural festival of Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College.
Some of the achievements of this college are:
- Indian Council of Social Science Research, MHRD, New Delhi selected the college as a nodal center to study. "Improving the environmental quality of megacities: A study of the role of the citizen and the state in Delhi".
- The college was awarded the Innovative research project from University of Delhi in 2012-2013. Ten undergraduate students were engaged in this project to study.
Scholarships and Prizes :
- Atma Ram Chadha Memorial Scholarship: This is awarded every year to all students who are Position Holders (ranking 1 to 10) in the University in any Class / Course in the Annual University Examinations and secure at least 60 per cent marks.
- Sanjeev Arora Memorial Prize of 1000 (INR) is awarded to the best student of Computer Science in the College.
- Jitender Arora Memorial Prize of 1000 INR) is awarded to the best student of BA (Prog) course in the College.
- Sultan Chand Memorial Scholarship of Rs. 250/- per month instituted by Shri Sultan Chand Trust, is awarded to the best student of B.Com (Hons.) IInd and IIIrd years in the College.
- Concession/ Waiver of fees is also present in the college in respect of Persons with Physical Disability (PwD).