Auxilium College is an autonomous, women’s general degree college founded on 1st July 1954. It is located at Gandhinagar, Vellore. The college was initially affiliated to the University of Madras and later in 2003, the college changed its affiliation to Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore.
Auxilium College has the merit of being the first women’s college in the district. The college is accredited by NAAC with a grade of 3.55 out of 4, is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and has received its autonomous status from UGC in March 2007.
The college offers a total of 19 undergraduate programs under various domains such as Arts, Science, Commerce, Management and Computer Application, and 11 postgraduate programs across Arts, Science, Commerce and Management fields.
The college is known for its Science courses specializing in 9 different subjects. Auxilium College also offers MPhil and PhD research courses in subjects like Mathematics, Chemistry, Zoology, Commerce etc.
All admissions for the college are based on the merit of the students in the 12th or other qualifying examination. Applications for all courses are to be done online.
Auxilium College, Vellore Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1954 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Thiruvalluvar University|
|Accredited to||NAAC A|
|Courses Offered||BA, B.Sc, BCA, BBA, B.Com, MA , M.Sc, MSW, M.Com, MBA, M.Phil, Ph.D.|
|Facilities Available||Library, Audio Visual Centre, Sports and Recreation room, Auditorium, Science Lab, First Aid room, Hostel etc.|
Auxilium College Courses
The college offers undergraduate, postgraduate, M.Phil and Ph.D. courses in different streams like Arts, Commerce and Management courses. The table below depicts the programs presented by Auxilium College in detail.
|BA||Duration: 3 years
Subjects Offered: History (Aided), English (Aided), English (Additional Sections)
Eligibility: Must have passed 12th in the first attempt in the CBSE or other recognized State Board Examination or its equivalent
|B.Sc||Duration: 3 years
Subjects Offered: (Aided): Mathematics, Chemistry, Zoology (Unaided): Mathematics (Additional Sections), Biochemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Microbiology, Visual Communication
Eligibility: Must have passed 12th in the first attempt in the CBSE or other recognized State Board Examination or its equivalent with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Zoology based on the particular course requirements.
|B.Com||Duration: 3 years
Subjects Offered: B.Com (Unaided), B.Com (Aided), B.Com (Banking and Insurance)
Eligibility: Must have passed 12th in the first attempt in the CBSE or other recognized State Board Examination or its equivalent with Commerce, Economics, Accountancy and Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / History / Indian Culture
|M.Sc||Duration: 2 years
Programs Offered: Mathematics, Chemistry, Zoology, Computer Science, Electronic Media, Bioinformatics, Physics
Eligibility: Must have passed 12th in the first attempt. Should have a bachelor’s degree in a subject related to the field from Thiruvalluvar University or any other University accepted by the Syndicate. Read More
|MBA||Duration: 2 Years
|M.Phil||Duration: 1 Year
Eligibility: Masters with a minimum of 55%
Subjects Offered: English, Chemistry, Zoology, Commerce, Management Studies, Mathematics, Computer Science
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Masters with a minimum of 55%
Specializations: English, Chemistry, Zoology, Commerce, Management Studies, Mathematics, Physics, Tamil
Read More: Auxilium College Courses & Fee
Auxilium College Admissions
Admissions to all the courses are merit-based.
Admission for UG courses in Auxilium College are done based on the marks scored in the 12th state/central board exams or equivalent.
Admissions to PG courses will be provided based on the arks obtained by the students in bachelor’s degree.
For M.Phil and Ph.D., candidates must score at least 55% marks in post graduation.
Applications are to be submitted online.
How to Apply?
- To apply for any course (PG, UG, MPhil or PhD), students have to download the application form from the official website.
- All students have to fill in the application form with precision and care, as forms with incorrect data will be immediately rejected.
- After filling in all the personal details, a registration fee of INR 150 (UG), INR 300 (PG), INR 1000 (MBA) and INR 500 (MPhil) has to be paid online. Accepted payment methods include Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, UPI and Wallet.
- Upon payment, a student ID and password will be generated which can be used to edit the application form. After uploading all the furnished and edited details students are required to submit the form. NOTE – Once the edited form has submitted no changes can be made.
- After submission of the application form, students will have to print the form and attach the documents mentioned below and present it to the college.
- Shortlisted students will be called for an interview. Failure to attend the interview will result in the loss of a seat. Final selection process will be based on the interview.
- Copy of Community certificate
- SSLC and Higher Secondary Marksheets (For UG)
- Marksheets of Qualifying Undergraduate Exam (For PG)
- Marksheets of Qualifying Postgraduate Exam (For MPhil)
Read More: Auxilium College Admission
Auxilium College Scholarships
- The Celine D Souza Scholarship – INR 42000
- Golden Jubilee Endowment Award for Academic Excellence – INR 300000
- The Rachelamma Rayappa Yetukuri Endowment Scholarship – INR 250000
- Mrs Meera Ganesh Endowment Award - INR 250000
- The Joyamma Zachariah Putti Endowment Scholarship - INR 100000
- Former Scholarship – INR 194500 among 79 students
- BC State Scholarship – INR 47729 among 75 students
- ADBC State Scholarship - INR 213448 among 119 students
- Beedi Scholarship - INR 39000 among 13
Read More: Auxilium College scholarships
Auxilium College Facilities
- Library: The library of Auxilium College has over 70000 volumes. The college also has several periodicals and dailies and subscribes to more than 1000 national and international journals. The library also has computers and provides internet and photocopying facilities.
- Computer Block: The college has an entire block dedicated to computer-related amenities. All the laboratories are fully equipped with the latest technology and fast internet facilities.
- Arts Block: There are different blocks for each subject in Auxilium College, each equipped and maintained finely. The Arts block is the largest block with the best classrooms outfitted with multimedia and smart rooms.
- Science Block: The Science block accommodates all students from the science stream. The block has a different lab for each subject that are all set with all the newest hardware and technology.
- Seminar Halls: There are two seminar halls on the campus, The Regina Colombo and The Cleoffe Fassa.
- Auditorium: The Silver Jubilee Memorial Auditorium is a huge auditorium with a seating capacity of more than 200.
- Sports: The college has an indoor and outdoor stadium with gymnastics, yoga facilities and athletics for students who are interested in sports.
- Accommodation: The college provides hostel facilities for over 800 students in 3 blocks namely Cesira Block, Mazzarello Block and Laura Block with provisions for study, relaxation, recreation and cultural activities. Accommodation for staff is also provided in a separate block named the Don Bosco Block.
Read More: Auxilium College Review
Ques. Does Auxilium College have any reservations?
Ques. What are the placement opportunities in Auxilium College?
Ques. What is the dress code of Auxilium College?
Ques. What are abroad education program opportunities offered by Auxilium College?