B. D. kale Mahavidyala was established at Ghodegaon in 1989, and is affiliated to University of Pune.Initially commerce course was started but soon after in 1991, Arts faculty was started to meet the needs of the students. Students had to go to the far places to study. Other courses of PG like M.A. (Marathi) and M.Com were started in 2004. In order to make the students well-informed in computer system, college started Bachelor of Computer Application, a degree course under commerce faculty.
Initially there were 62 students in the beginning when the college was established but now it has reached to 964 students. The college is continuously providing a quality in higher education to the students belonging to rural and tribal area.
Some facts about the college :
- Affiliated to -Pune University.
- Financial category of the college:Grant in aid.
- Date of estaiblishment of the college:June 1989.
- Campus Area in Acres:-5.7Acres
- Faculties in the college: Arts,Commerce,Science
- Post Graduation: M.A.,M.Com.,M.C.A.(Commerce)
- Total Staff: 23 (including nongrantable)
- Total Non-Teaching Staff: 13
Library : The Library in its initial stage consists of about 150 books while today it has over 14090 books. These books are used by students and faculty members of the college. 11 news papers and 62 periodicals are available in the library for the readers. The liabrary is fully automated and equipped with free Internet facility.
In order to meet the challenges of the society, the NCC army unit for fifty cadets was started in 2007 under 36 MH.BN/NCC, Pune. Activities in which NCC cadets are engaged are:
- Plantation in public places.
- Arrange Blood Donation Camp.
- Vountaior in Ganesh Festival.
- Participation in various Camps arrange by 36 Mah. Batalian
'EARN AND LEARN SCHEME’
Earn and Learn Scheme is running in the college since 1995.This Scheme is recently known as Padma bhushan karmveer bhaurao patil Earn and learn Scheme. This scheme provides 20 rupees per hour to the poor ,needy and economically backward students. Also the student get benefit in completing their higher education by fulfilling their basic needs with the help of avilable financial assistance. Student works in the office, library and campus of the college .This scheme has played a vital role to fulfill the basic needs of the needy students.