Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College (SGRRPC) is an Arts and Science college offering 17 courses in 4 different streams. It has various full-time UG and PG courses UG courses run by the college include BA and B.Sc in multiple disciplines PG courses offered by the college includes MA and M.Sc. It also provides some Certification courses as well with the total enrollments of 2,005 students in the academic year of 2019. Admission to the college is merit-based.
Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1960 | Public|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU)|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, and Certificate|
|Popular Courses||B.A, B.Sc., M.Sc.|
|Top Recruiters||Internshala and Wipro|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library, Gym, Auditorium, Alumni Associations, etc.|
Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College Courses
|Courses||Years of Completion||Minimum Eligibility**||Subjects||Total Fees (INR)|
|BA under CBCS* System||3-year degree Course|
Pass 10+2/HSC with a minimum of 40% (35% for reserved category) marks in aggregate.
|A candidate has to select two subjects from the following subjects under disciple specific core course (C.C.) having 6 Credit each.
- Economics (80 seats)
- English Literature (80 seats)
- Mathematics(10 seats)
- Political Science (80 seats)
- Sociology (80 seats)
- Hindi Literature (80 seats)
- History (80 seats)
|B.A. (Hons.)||3 years||26,753|
|M.A.||2 years||Pass Graduate/ B.A. BA in respective discipline.|
- English (40 seats)
- Economics (40 seats)
- Mathematics (10 seats)
|B.Sc. under CBCS System||3 years||10+2/ HSC with not less than 45% (40% for SC/ OBC/ ST candidates) in aggregate||A candidate has to select three subjects from the following subjects as a core course (C.C.) having 6 credit for each subject.
- Chemistry (320 seats)
- Mathematics(230 seats)
- Physics (240 seats)
- Botany (240 seats)
- Zoology (240 seats)
- Geology (80 seats)
|M.Sc.||2 years||Pass Graduate/ B.Sc. B.Sc in relevant stream.|
- Chemistry (25 seats)
- Physics (20 seats)
- Mathematics (50 seats)
|Certificate Courses||3 months||Not Defined|
- Spoken English
- Physico-Chemical Analysis of water and milk
*Choice based credit system
**Persons belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes shall be allowed a relaxation of 5% marks in the Minimum Eligibility Criteria.
Read More: Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College Fee Structure
Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College Admission
All admissions at SGRRPC Dehradun is merit-based. Applicants are required to show up their merits obtained in the qualifying examination.
- The applicants may fill the application form online through the website of Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College.
- Students need to fill separate application forms for each subject/ course.
- Applicants who have passed 10+2/ HSC while securing some minimum aggregate marks are considered eligible for UG courses.
- Applicants applying for PG courses need to have a Graduate Degree in the relevant subject.
Read More: SGRRPC Admission
Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College Scholarship
For the economically weak students, meritorious students, and those who belong to reserved category, the college offers several scholarships for them. Scholarship to the SC/ ST/ OBC candidates is provided as per the norms of the Government. List of scholarships offered by the college are:
- Arvind Bandhu Memorial Gyan Jyoti Scholarship: INR 2,100 is given to the meritorious students of MA English (Final year).
- Kamla Chaudhary Memorial Gyan Jyoti Scholarship INR 2,100 is awarded to the meritorious students of BA Part-III.
- Sahara Group Scholarship: INR 15, 000 to INR 45,000 is awarded to the NCC cadets.
- Cadet Welfare Society Scholarship: INR 5000 is given to the NCC cadets.
Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College Placement
Internshala provided internships to 1733 students from different departments in the year 2019 for which the most preferred location by the students is there HOME i.e., Work from Home Internship Program. Wipro is also a permanent recruiter for the college, providing an offer letter to almost all department students.
Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College Facilities
College is benefited with all the necessary and sufficient amenities in its campus. Given below is a glimpse of the same:
- Hostels: College provides rooms with an attached bathroom to the students. The institute has a separate hostel for boys and girls. The hostels have 24/7 hot water facility, wifi facility, banking facility with ATM counter and cooling system.
- Sports and Gym: College premises has grounds for playing matches. College has also started on campus matches and tournaments. A state of the art gym with all the modern equipment is also available for students.
- Other facilities: Mess, Bank, and ATM, Student Academic Clubs, Student Affairs Committee, Alumni Committee, Cultural and Sports Events.
Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure for the course of B.Sc in Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College, Dehradun?
Ans. For the B.Sc. course, a total amount of Rs. 2,003 per year is the fee where candidates can select any three subjects offered by the college for the course.
Ques. What are the documents required for applying?
Ans. Documents required at the time of application is as follows:
- Original Character Certificate from Principal of the Institution last attended.
- Attested copies of the mark-sheet of the examinations passed.
- Original T.C. from the Institution last attended.
- Attested copy of the High School Certificate.
- Three spare copies of passport size photographs.
- No objection certificate of the employer in case of candidates engaged in any job.
- MA/ MSc students shall appear in only those optional subjects that are taught in the college as per the norms of the University.
- Students must submit separate application forms for more than one subject.
Ques. What is the admission process for the B.A. Course in Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College, Dehradun?
Ans. For admission in Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College in the B.A. course, eligibility criteria are the candidate should have passed 10+2/HSC with a minimum of 40% (35% for reserved category) marks in aggregate. The applicants may fill the application form online through the college website. Students shall fill separate application form for each subject/course.
Ques. How to contact Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College, Dehradun?
Ans. College Address: Pathari Bag, Dehradun-248001, Uttarakhand
Fax: 0135-2624881, 2722495
For any inquiry related to admission, call:
Dr. A.P. Singh (BSc and MSc): 9456358981
Dr. Rajbahadur (BA and MA): 9410122804
Dr. H V Pant (Open University Course): 9760696596
Dr. Sandeep Negi (Open University Course): 9412031183
Ques. What is the last date of admission in Sri Guru Ram Rai PG College, Dehradun?
Ans. Last date of Registration for admission- June 2020 (Tentative)
Last date of Correction in the registration form- June 2020(Tentative)
First Merit List will be declared on- July 2020 (First Week) (Tentative)
Second Merit List will be declared on- July 2020 (Second Week) (Tentative)
Final Merit List will be declared on- July 2020(Fourth Week) (Tentative)