Shrimathi Devkunvar Nanalal Bhatt Vaishnav College for women, Chennai was established in 1968. It is a private college situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The college is accredited by NAAC. It offers admission in various courses such as BA, BCA, B.COM, B.COM (Hons.), BSc, MA, M.COM, M.Phil, MSc, and Ph.D. (Sci.). The college is affiliated to The University of Madras. It is the first women’s college in Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu. Wi-Fi, Medical Support Systems, Gym, Sports Complex, Canteen, Library & Information Center are some of the facilities provided by the college.
Admission to all the courses is completely based on merit and selection interviews conducted by the college. There is no entrance exam as such but the marks in the qualifying examinations are taken into consideration for preparing merit lists. The placement opportunities provided by the college are also good.
SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1968 | Private|
|Affiliated to||The University of Madras|
|Student gender allowed||Female|
|Courses offered||UG and PG|
|Official Mail IDemail@example.com|
SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Courses
The college provides various UG and PG courses to choose from. The details are given below:
|Banking and Insurance Management|
|M.Sc||Computer Science||Graduation||2 Years|
Read more: SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Courses & Fees
SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Admissions
SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai conducts online admission. The payment is also done through online gateways.
How to Apply?
- It is mandatory to submit a valid Email id and mobile number at the time of Application process. These contact details are used by the college for all future correspondence.
- Applicants need to be cautious while filling the online application form as details once submitted cannot be rectified or readdressed in any way.
- Applicants are advised to check the program eligibility conditions minutely as incomplete details or incorrect information in the form would lead to rejection of the application.
- Foreign Nationals are also eligible to apply through https://studyinindia.gov.in
Candidates whose applications have been shortlisted for admission, are sent a provisional admission SMS/ email requesting to visit the college to complete the admission process like payment of admission fees, verification of documents etc.
Documents that need to be presented for submission are:
- All Academic certificates and Statement of marks.
- All post-graduate, out-of-state candidates, need to submit a Certificate of Eligibility issued by the University of Madras, at the time of admission. Please note that the said certificate can be procured from the University of Madras by submitting all qualifying examination mark sheets, and university pass certificate.
- Transfer and conduct certificate.
- Income Certificate of parents (if applicable).
- Community Certificate (in case of reserved category candidates).
Read more: SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Admissions 2020
SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Placement
Training and Placement Cell at SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai is a compelling institutional plan fundamentally intended to prepare and put both UG and PG last year students in the most popular corporate companies all over India. The cell sorts out ground meetings to encourage reasonable opening for work for the last year students after their graduation. Internationally prestigious Corporate associations visit the campus to enroll the students.
Read more: SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Placements
SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Scholarships
Scholarships are given to deserving students of both Aided and Self supporting stream. Scholarship Committee recognizes students qualified for different scholarship plans from government and private bodies and helps them avail the same. The following scholarships are granted by the Central and State Government and Private Endowments-
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe scholarships from Harijan Welfare Departments.
- Backward and Most Backward Classes scholarships from the Director of Backward Classes.
- The Endowment scholarship awarded from private bodies and University of Madras (75% attendance is must).
Read more: SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Scholarships
SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Facilities
The College grounds look across 10 acres of land. It has enormous solid structures and satisfactory framework for scholastic projects and authoritative capacities. The school houses in excess of 82 completely outfitted classrooms. Some of the top facilities provided by the college are mentioned below:
- Labs: The college has various lab facilities like physics lab, chemistry lab, zoology lab, computer and visual communication labs. It also has a clinical nutrition and dietetics lab.
- Hostel: Students conceded in the College are furnished with Hostel Facility. Hostel convenience is basically for UG and PG program students conceded from outside Chromepet. The hostel is proposed to be a second home for students.
- Auditorium: All the functions and celebrations are conducted in the auditorium of the college.
- Indoor Stadium: Various games like Chess, Table Tennis, Shuttle Badminton games are conducted in the Indoor Stadium of the college.
- Computerized Library: The college has an excellent computerized library. Modernized administration of library tasks, online recovery of data, spares the hour of students using library facilities. Web office in the library causes staff and students to gather data from the World Wide Web.
Read more: SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Hostels
SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Faculty
Shrimathi Devkunvar Nanalal Bhatt Vaishnav College has more than 200 faculty members. The Principal of the college is Dr.R.Geetha. Mentioned below are some of the faculty members of the college:
- Dr.(Tmt) T.Senthamil Selvi
- S. Ezhilarasi
- Dr.P. Beena
- Dr.K. Kanthimathi
Read more: SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai Faculty
SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai FAQs
Ques. What are the admission charges at SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai? Can the students pay via cheque or Demand Draft?
Ans. Admission charges at SDNBVC is INR 1000 along with a University fee of INR 450. Students from any other Indian University need to pay an amount of INR 200 along with the aforesaid amount as a Recognition Fee of their qualification.
The College does not accept fees by any mode other than online. Fees can be paid through the college website using Debit Card or Net Banking.
Ques. Do the students get a refund of the fees that they paid, if they wish to withdraw from any program at SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai?
Ans. SDNBVC does not entertain any request for refund of fees once paid. In case a student wishes to discontinue with the program after admission, she is liable to pay the complete course fee before she is relieved from the college.
Ques. As a general category candidate, are there any scholarships available for SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai?
Ans. Yes, the deserving students are provided scholarships on the basis of their performance.
Ques. Does SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai provide admission for Foreign students?
Ans. Yes, SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai provides admission for Foreign students.
Ques. Is guidance provided by the SDNBVC (Evening), Chennai for placement opportunities?
Ans. Yes, the college provides training and guidance to its students for placement. Internationally prestigious Corporate associations also visit the campus to enroll the students.