JD College of Engineering and Management, shortly referred to as JDCOEM, was established in 2008 as a private autonomous institute in Nagpur. It offers multiple specializations under B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, and Ph.D. courses. Admissions to these courses are on the basis of various entrance examinations such as JEE Main, MH CET, GATE, etc. Applications are accepted online. The college has a placement rate of 78.46%, with Amazon and HCL among its top recruiters. It also provides scholarships.
JD College of Engineering Nagpur Highlights
|Established | Type||2008 | Private Autonomous|
|Affiliated||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University (for engineering programs)
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (for Management programs)
|Recognized||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Accredited||NAAC with CGPA of 3.16|
|Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, and Ph.D|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance exams|
|Entrance Tests||MH CET, JEE Main|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, HCL, TATA Consultancy|
|Highest Package||INR 10 LPA|
JD College of Engineering Nagpur Courses
The college offers engineering and management courses. These include B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, and Ph.D. courses in multiple specializations.
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10 + 2 with 75%
Specialization: Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communications
Selection Criteria: Entrance Test - JEE Main, MH CET
Fees per annum: INR 1.03 LPA
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: B. Tech
Specialization: Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Selection Criteria: Entrance Test - GATE
Fees per annum: INR 89000
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree with 50%
Selection Criteria: CET
Fees per annum: INR 98500
|Ph.D||Specializations: Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, and Communications, MBA|
Read More: JD College of Engineering Nagpur Fees
JD College of Engineering Nagpur Admissions
Admissions to all courses are based on the merit or score obtained in the respective entrance examination. For the B.Tech program, admissions are accepted through the Central Allotment Process (CAP) or through management quota.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of the college.
- On the top right side, a button will say “Apply Online”. Click on it.
- Register yourself by filling in the details.
- Log in using the registered details.
- Fill the form online.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit the form online.
JD College of Engineering Nagpur Cut off
MHT-CET Cutoff 2018
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||48|
|B.Tech Information Technology||49|
|B.Tech Civil Engineering||53|
|B.Tech Electrical Engineering||48|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||63|
|B.Tech Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||42|
|B.Tech Electronics Engineering||56|
JEE Main Cutoff 2019
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||62088-62088|
|B.Tech Information Technology||28672-28672|
|B.Tech Civil Engineering||53067-53067|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||17437-17437|
|B.Tech Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||58942-58942|
|B.Tech Electronics Engineering||57575-57575|
Read More: JD College of Engineering Nagpur Cutoff
JD College of Engineering Nagpur Placements
The institute has a training and placement cell which provides counseling and aid to facilitate students to work on their respective shortcomings and develop their skills. The college has an excellent placement record and a good standing of recruiters. Some of the top recruiters include:
The overall placement record was 78.94%. The placement rate of each department is as depicted in the graph below:
JD College of Engineering, Nagpur Scholarships
Some of the scholarships that eligible students can apply to include:
- Merit Scholarships at the time of Admission: The institute awards a range of merit-based scholarships to the best performing candidates at the time of admissions.
- Special Scholarships: These are awarded to National/ State level achievers in fields such as academics or sports or other fields.
- Emergency Need-Based Support: This is provided to students who face a financial need caused by circumstances beyond their control. Apart from academic scholarships, assistance is given towards transportation expenses as well.
- Merit scholarships for enrolled students: The top 10 rank holders of the university are awarded these scholarships.
JD College of Engineering Nagpur Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the institute include:
- Library: The Swami Vivekananda Library of the college houses sufficient reference and reading material for students and faculty. Books from engineering, humanities, basic sciences, applied sciences, management, environment, languages, and self-improvement books amongst various others adorn its shelves.
- Transport: The College owns 27 buses which transport all students from, and to, all the locations in and around Nagpur. This helps the students reach college on time with comfort, and is also affordable.
- Auditoriums: The college has artistically designed auditoriums with huge seating capacity and hosts Academic events, theater, and music performances. There are two such auditoriums: The APJ Abdul Kalam Auditorium and the Rabindranath Tagore Auditorium.
- Hostel: The college has MOUs with seven hostels situated within a distance of 3-5 km from the college. The hostels provide all the required facilities for the outstation students and have dining and other facilities such as laundry etc. The students get commutation to and fro college at a very nominal rate through the network of buses operated by the college.
Read More: JD College of Engineering Nagpur Reviews
JD College of Engineering Nagpur FAQs
Ques. If after applying, I choose not to join the program, will I get the admission deposit back?
Ans. The University shall refund the admission deposit fee after deducting cancellation charges if such a request is received before the specified date.
Ques. Can I apply with my previous year’s CET/ CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT scores for the MBA course?
Ans. No, only the current year CAT score is valid. The same applies to other national-level admission tests such as XAT, MAT, CMAT, and MH-CET.
Ques. Does the college provide student loans in addition to scholarships?
Ans. Yes, the college provides assistance to all those students who wish to seek educational loans subject to meeting of prerequisite conditions of the bankers. The Union Bank of India, Nagpur Nagrik Sahakari Bank are few of the bankers associated with the college for providing financial assistance.
Ques. What are the faculty statistics?
Ans. There are more than 140 teaching faculty members, out of which 35+ have industry experience. The student and faculty ratio of the college is 15:1.
Read More: JD College of Engineering Nagpur Faculty
Ques. How do we contact the college for further details?
Ans. The mailing address of the college is Khandala, Valni, Near Hanuman Temple, Borgoan Phata, Kalmeshwar Road, Nagpur -441501. You can also contact them at 9011010038 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.