Sree Narayana College For Women situated in Karbala, Kollam ,Kerala -691001 is affiliated to University Of Kerala . It was established in 1951 as a college for women and the college was named after social reformer, philosopher and saint Sree Narayana Guru.
The college is one of the leading centers of learning in the field of higher education in Kerala with 16 teaching departments offering Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate programmes in the field of Science, Arts and Commerce . The college also offers various courses such as Short term courses , MOOC, Generic Elective courses, Certificate courses etc.
Admissions to the courses are granted based on the merit list prepared by the college.
Sree Narayana College For Women - [SNCW] , Kollam Highlights 2021
|Established | Institute Type||1951 | Private|
|Affiliated to||University Of Kerala|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG , Certification|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based (CBCSS)|
|Application Mode||Online | Offline|
|Facilities Available||Hostel , Cooperative Society Ltd. 2987, Browsing Center, Canteen ,Skill Enhancement Women Resource Center ,Career and Counseling Cell , Fitness Center etc .|
|Top Recruiters||Pidilite , Titanium , KMML , Facts etc|
|College Type||Only for Women|
|Faculty||120 Teaching Staff and 16 Non- Teaching Staff|
|No.of Students||2545 ( as per college current data)|
SNCW Kollam Courses Offered
It offers BA, B.com, B.Sc., MA, M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs.
|BA||Duration: 3 Year
Specializations: Music, English, Malayalam, Hindi, Economics, History
|B.Com||Duration: 3 Year
Eligibility: 10 +2
|B.Sc||Duration: 3 Year
Eligibility: 10+2 with PCMB
Specializations: Geography, Home Science, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics/ Statistics, Biochemistry & Industrial Microbiology
|M.A||Duration: 2 Year
Eligibility: 45% in B.A with relevant subject
Specializations: English, Economics
|M.Sc||Duration: 2 Year
Eligibility: 55% in B.Sc
Specializations: Physics, Chemistry, Home Science
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: 55% marks in post graduation in relevant subject
Specializations: Physics, Chemistry
Read More: SNCW Kollam Courses & Fee
SNCW Kollam Admissions
Based on the merit list a rank list is prepared for both management and community quota as decided by the government regulations.
The admission commences soon after the publication of higher secondary and degree results.
Application for transfer certificate should be made to the Principal showing the class and the group last studied and if the certificates are required for joining another college then the name should be included in that particular college.
All candidates must present a transfer certificate from the college they last attended , conduct certificate and course certificate at the time of admission.
How to Apply?
- Visit the Official Website.
- Click on “Apply Online” at the top right corner.
- For UG courses, click on the first link. And for the PG courses, click on the second link.
- Fill the application form and submit.
- Pay application fee and take a hard copy.
Admissions during the pandemic - As per the covid protocol
- A student can be accompanied by only one parent.
- Only 50 students will be allowed in the campus at a time.
- Wearing a mask and sanitizing hands is mandatory upon entry.
- Submit to a temperature check.
Read More: SNCW Kollam Reviews
The seats of the courses will be distributed as per the pattern given below:
|S.No||Seat Reservation||Percentage of Seats Allotted|
- At the time of admission the students are supposed to fill and submit the form given by the Anti-Ragging cell.
- Students joining B.A/B.Sc/B.Com/M.Sc classes from other Universities shall pay the matriculation fee of Rs. 100/- after admission and apply for the recognition of the qualifying examination.
- The tuition fees are to be paid in two installments in case of semester programmes and all other course fees are to be paid at the time of enrollment.
SNCW Kollam Placements
The placement cell has effectively helped the students in being employed in various organizations. There is a vast availability of career options after completing the course or degree .The cell helps the students in counseling and guidance about various career options , organizations , job interviews, entrance examination etc. Some of the recently visited companies are Pidilite ,Facts, Titanium,KMML etc .
Read More: SNCW Kollam Placement
SNCW Kollam Scholarships
Given below are some scholarships that may benefit the students of the college. These scholarships are initiated by the Central and State Government, University, College etc.
Directorate of Collegiate Education ( DCE) Scholarships, Govt. Of Kerala.
- Kerala State Higher Education Council Scholarship(HECS).
- State Merit Scholarship(SMS).
- Merit Scholarship to the Children of School Teachers(MSCT).
- Post Matric Scholarship(PMS).
- ASPIRE Scholarship for PG programmes.
- Blind/PH Scholarship(BPHFC)
The different categories of educational grants/ concessions under this scheme are given below:
- Educational Concession to the Forward Communities under KPCR
- Grants for FISHERMAN’s Child ( Fisherman Scholarship)
Read More: SNCW Kollam Scholarships
SNCW Kollam Facilities
- Library: The college library is working in a two storied building with a total area of 4000 sq ft with the capacity of 100 seats.The college library is fully centralized and automated. The total collection of the library includes 59,658 books, 2130 reference books , 50 Journals, 65 popular magazines, 13 newspapers and a collection of CD’s and DVD’s . The software used by the library is LIBSOFT. The members of this library are 2500 students, 93 teachers and 33 non teaching staff.
- Canteen: The canteen is one of the favorite spots for the students. The canteen provides breakfast , tea and other meals at reasonable rates. The college uses organic vegetables and fruits from their own organic garden for preparing meals.
- Hostel: The college hostel was established on 7th November, 2010 for the purpose of providing the accommodation to the students from other districts and states. The hostel has a total 12 rooms including a dormitory and total 52 students can be accommodated. The hostel also has a mess hall , kitchen , store room , cook room , office room and sick room.
- Cooperative Society : All the members of teaching and non-teaching staff are the shareholders of the society. To be a part of the society the students have to pay Rs. 20/- at the time of admission . The college uniform , textbooks, notebooks, stationary items, laboratory records etc are made available at concessional rates.
- Fitness Center: The college fitness center is maintained by the Dept of Physical Education. The students can avail the facility in two sessions 6am – 8am (Morning) and 4pm to 6:30 pm ( evening). 25 members can avail the facility at one point of time.
- Classrooms : The college has properly ventilated , spacious classrooms with proper light and environment.. There are a total 62 classrooms with accommodation of 50 children in each. Out of 62 classes 12 are smart classrooms with well equipped IT and other multimedia tools. In addition to this there are also bi lecture halls which can accommodate at least 70 students.
Apart from the classrooms the college includes auditorium , seminar halls, conference halls , audio visuals , computer center , IQAC room, Basketball court/ Badminton court etc .
Read More: SNCW Kollam Gallery
SNCW Kollam FAQs
Ques. What are the fees the students have to pay to the college at the time of admission?
Ques. Is MOOC course available at the college free of cost ?
Ques. What are the certificate courses available at SNWC, Kollam ?
Ques. What is CBCS? Is it a good system in the college for students ?
Ans. Choice Based Credit System is introduced for students to make student centric rather than system or teacher centric.
Yes it is a good system as it provides flexibility in the academic system . The courses are allotted on the credit based on the number of hours assigned for teaching/tutorial/practical etc.