Balwant Vidyapeeth Rural Institute was founded in 1956 with the sponsorship of Ministry of education. It is the only postgraduate college of its kind in U.P. The main aim of the college is to develop all round ability among the students so that they can respond positively to the changing society. The main objectives of the college is to bring about the fusion of rural and urban cultures
- The college is located at a distance of 7kms from the outskirts of Agra Muncipal Corporation Area
- The college has double storied building with an area of 5671 sq. mtrs
- Department of Hindi
- Department of English
- Department of Economics
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Political Science
The aim of IQAC are:
- To install Wi-Fi system in the Institute campus for the benefit of staff and students.
- To regularize personality development programmes by establishing a permananent centre for the purpose which shall be financed by students-welfare fund and from the grants received by UGC and U.P.Govt. from time to time for workshops and seminars.
- To enhance working efficiency of the office by installing inter-com and connecting various office rooms.
- To enter into formal collaborations with different banks, co-operatives, fisheries and plant-nursery departments for enhancing practical facilities.
- To move towards digitilisation of the Library.
- To purchases and provide for reprographic machinery in the library
- National Cadet Corps
- National Service Scheme
- The total number of books in the library is 23296 and the number of titles is 12733. The Library subscribes to 14 journals.
- The number of reference books in the library is only 570. There are encyclopedia as well . There is a large collection of back volumes (2600).
- The Reading Hall is fairly well-furnished and is very large which can accommodate about 650 students at a time