Surendranath Evening College was established in 1961, in Kolkata, West Bengal. Affiliated to University of Calcutta, Surendranath Evening College is recognized by UGC and has also received a C grade by NAAC. Currently, the college offers UG degrees in Arts, Science, and Commerce streams across various specializations. The degrees conducted are all of three years duration, delivered in the annual mode. Admissions to all courses are online and merit based. It also has an active placement cell to assist graduates make a successful entry into the professional field.
Surendranath Evening College, Kolkata Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1961 | Public|
|Affiliated to||University of Calcutta|
|Courses Offered||UG courses across 3 streams|
|Popular Courses||BA, B.Com, B.Com Honors|
|Facilities Available||Library, Audio Visual Room , Indoor Sports|
|Official Website||Surendranath Evening College|
Surendranath Evening College, Kolkata Courses
The programs offered at the Surendranath Evening College are listed in the table below.
|B. Sc (Hons.)||
Note: SC/ST applicants need to have scored 40% in aggregate or 40% in a related subject.
Read More: SEC Kolkata Courses & Fees
Surendranath Evening College, Kolkata Admissions
The admission process to Surendranath Evening College is online and does not involve any counseling but is strictly based on academic merit, accorded on a first-come-first-served basis. Subject combinations are not flexible and students are required to opt for the prescribed combinations as set by the University. Shortlisted applicants are intimated directly by the college via email or telecommunications.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official college website.
- Application for multiple subjects should be done through as many separate applications.
- Fill the application form with all the required fields carefully.
- All supporting documents including photograph and specimen signature are required to be uploaded at the time of online application.
- Submit the application fee and form.
- Verification of documents are done when the student reports at the college at the start of the session.
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission:
- Photocopies of Admit Card and Mark Sheets of class 10th and 12th
- Character certificate issued by the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- SC/ST certificate (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate
Read More: SEC Kolkata Admission
Surendranath Evening College, Kolkata Placements
An active placement cell at the college arranges for campus placement opportunities with reputed corporate houses. Students of Computer Applications, and Electronic Science are in high demand at these placement drives. The cell also organizes career guidance classes for the students who wish to appear for various competitive examinations.
Read More: SEC Kolkata Placement
Surendranath Evening College, Kolkata Scholarships
Surendranath Evening College has a dedicated Poor Welfare Fund that takes into consideration the plight of economically underprivileged students and extends full waiver of college fees and other related financial expenses. Free studentship also offered to students on a need-cum-merit basis. The college also entertains requests for financial assistance from SC/ ST/ OBC category students. Students from the suburban locals are issued a monthly Railway Concession Card by the college authority to subsidize their rail travel expenses.
Read More: SEC Kolkata Scholarships
Surendranath Evening College, Kolkata Facilities
Surendranath Evening College is located bang in the middle of the Kolkata metropolitan area with easy access to both rail and bus services for suburban students. The college offers the following infrastructural facilities on its campus:
- ICT-enabled classroom with audio-visual equipment for improved teaching and learning process
- IT Lab with an adequate number of computers to facilitate students.
- Modern Auditorium for events like seminars, exhibitions, and meetings.
- Well-stocked library that allows students to both read and lend books from during working hours. Each department also has a departmental library to facilitate research.
- Canteen for delicious and healthy food at reasonable cost.
- Separate Common Room for boys and girls with indoor games facilities.
- Broadband Internet Facilities.
- Provisions of Power Backup.
- Off-campus Ladies Hostel for outstation girl students with modern facilities and security.
Read More: SEC Kolkata Facilities
Surendranath Evening College, Kolkata Faculty
The esteemed faculty members of Surendranath Evening College regularly participate in State, National and International Seminars. As per records, the faculty of the college have 65 internationally published papers and 25 nationally, as well as 45 Newspaper/ Magazine articles to their credit. 12 books have been authored by the faculty and 11 books edited by them. Of the 27 permanent faculty members at the college, 16 hold a Ph.D. Degree.
Read More: SEC Kolkata Faculty
Ques. Is the eligibility criteria different for students from the WB State Council and that of other Board of Studies at Surendranath Evening College?
Ques. I wish to pursue B.Sc. in Chemistry at Surendranath Evening College. However, in the 10+2 level, I have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Ques. What is the intake capacity for each course at Surendranath Evening College?
Ques. What is the reservation policy followed at the Surendranath Evening College?
|Student Category||Percentage of Reservation Range|
|General||52 - 57%|
|SC||20 - 23%|
|ST||4 - 7%|
|OBC-A||8 - 10%|
|OBC-B||6 - 8%|
|PWD||1 - 4%|
Ques. Is attendance compulsory at the Surendranath Evening College?