Belda College, Paschim Medinipur was established in 1963. Kedar babu became the first founder secretary of this institution. The College is UGC recognized and is affiliated with Vidyasagar University, Midnapur.
- The college is accredited as a B grade college by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- The college has the aim to transform our college into a center of excellence in the arena of higher education and contribute to the inclusive development of the country by generating quality human resources
The college is situated slightly away from town with a campus of 11 acres with a built-up area of 4 acres The college has its own hostels for boys and girls with a seating capacity of 80 and 30 respectively. The college has separate common rooms for boys and girls with facilities for indoor games like carom and chess. Further, there is provision for playing outdoor games. There is an on-campus canteen offering snacks and beverages. The college also has a Netaji Subhas Open University and an IGNOU study center to facilitate distance education
- Department of Bengali
- Department of Hindi
- Department of English
- Department of Geography
- Department of History
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Economics
- The Library contains more than 15000 books, journals, periodicals etc
- The reading room has the capacity of around 80 students