Vidyasagar University was established in the year 1981. The university got recognized in terms of section 12B of the U.G.C. Act, on 1st March 1990. The university offers various level degree programs such as Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral. Vidyasagar University Admission is based on the merit of the last qualifying examination.
Vidyasagar University Highlights
Type of University
Midnapore, West Bengal
University Grants Commission
National Assessment & Accreditation Council
All India Council for Technical Education
How to Reach
2 Km away from Midnapur Railway Station
112 Km away from Haldia Township Bus Stop
124 Km away from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
Vidyasagar University Courses
Vidyasagar University offers various degree level courses such as undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral in the field of Arts, Commerce, Science & Technology. To verify Vidyasagar University Admission information such as admission process, eligibility criteria and type of courses, students must check out the following links:
- Postgraduate courses offered are MA (2 years), M.Com (2 years), M.Sc (2 years), MCA (2 years), PG Diploma (1 year), BLIS (1 year) and MLIS (1 year). Vidyasagar University PG Admission is offered on the basis of qualifying merit or entrance test conducted by the university.
- Vidyasagar University UG Admission is offered on the basis of merit of 10+2 examination. Various UG courses offered are B.A. (Bachelor of Arts), B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce), B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) and BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration).
- Vidyasagar University B.Ed. Admission is made through counselling conducted by the central selection committee for B.Ed admissions. As per Eligibility, Candidates must possess bachelor’s or master’s degree with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- The University offers the Ph.D. program in following disciplines namely Microbiology, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. Vidyasagar University Ph.D. Admission is offered on the basis of the merit of the candidates in the university entrance examination, followed by an interview. Candidates must complete a total of 5 years in the undergraduate/ postgraduate study from a recognized university or institution.
- As per the eligibility norms, candidates must have a graduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern. Vidyasagar University MBA Admission is offered on the basis of candidates performance in the entrance exam conducted by the university.
Vidyasagar University Distance Education
The distance education center of Vidhyasagar university was established on 29th September 1981. Vidyasagar University Distance Education offers courses in two departments namely Arts & Commerce and Science. Under Department of Arts & Commerce the courses offered are Master of Arts and Master of Commerce.
- Master of Arts is offered in Bengali, Hindi, English, Sanskrit and Political Science. It is a 2-year undergraduate program.
- Master of Commerce is a 2-year program. Candidates having Honours degree or three-year general graduate degree are eligible for admission.
Department of Science only offers Master of Science in different fields of specializations namely Environment Science, Physics, Zoology, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Geography and Botany. All these courses are of 2-year duration.