International Institute of Hotel Management is a private educational institution providing training and education in the fields of hotel management in India. IIHM is recognized as one of the Best Education brands of 2020 in Hospitality Segment by The Economic Times. IIHM is awarded the Prestigious "Asia's 100 Fastest-Growing Private Educational Institutions" Certified by KPMG in 2014. There are many branches of the International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM) in different states of India. One of them is in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh as well. IIHM Hyderabad offers courses such as Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM), Bachelor of Tourism Studies (BTS), Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management (B.A HM) and an Advanced Program in International Hospitality Administration. Admission to which is entrance based followed by an interview round. The students must fill the application form online to get admission to the college.
IIHM Hyderabad Admission Update 2021: IIHM eChat 2021 results are out. Candidates may check their IIHM eChat 2021 results on the official website. The exam was scheduled for February 13, 2021. The next examination is scheduled for April 26, 2021, and the applications for the same are currently going on.
|BA in Hospitality Management (3 years)||BA in Hospitality Management (4 years)|
|BA in Culinary Arts||Bachelor of Tourism Studies|
|B.Sc in Hospitality Administration||Advance Program in International Hospitality Administration|
|Diploma in Hospitality Operations||Diploma in Hospitality Studies (1 year)|
|Diploma in Hospitality Studies (3 years)||Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality Administration|
|Diploma in Cabin Crew Training||Diploma in Cyber Security|
|Diploma in Data Science||Diploma in Data Analytics|
|Diploma in Digital Marketing||-|
Note: BA Hospitality Management is from the University of West London (With an option to study in London).
Read More: IIHM Hyderabad Fees
The admissions in this university are based on the merit and qualification of the candidate. The minimum requirement of the candidate is that the candidate should have passed with 50% in his 10+2 examination and that the candidate should be less than 22 years of age.
How to apply?
There are certain steps that are needed to be followed when applying for admission to this university:
- Candidates should register themselves for the entrance test that has been conducted by IIHM itself which is IIHM Electronic Common Hotel Admission Test (IIHM eCHAT)
- Depending on the marks scored by the candidates, those who out-passed the minimum marks to qualify, are shortlisted
- The shortlisted candidates are then called for the next stage, which is Group Discussion (GD). Here, the knowledge of the candidates is to be examined and how they can present their views will be taken into consideration. In this stage, some candidates will again be filtered out
- The next stage is the Personal Interview (PI) stage. Those candidates who made it to the list after the Group Discussion will be personally interviewed by the management of the university. Here the personality of the candidates will be judged on how they carry themselves, how confident they would be, and how much potential one has.
- Those candidates who are selected in the Personal Interview round get admitted to this university.
Read More: IIHM Hyderabad Admission
International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM) is a renowned university for the students who aspire to grow in the field of Hotel Management. The students here are given professional education and training. Since IIHM is a brand name, all those students who pass out from this college have various job opportunities for themselves. This Institute has tie-ups with Hyatt Group, Marriott, Taj Group, Le Meridien, Inter-Continental, ITC Hotels and more which provides high quality education, training and assistance to the students. The average placement package that every student can get through IIHM is INR 5 LPA whereas the highest package received was INR 8 LPA.
Read More: IIHM Hyderabad Placements
- Hostel: The university has provided hostel facilities for the students who have come from different cities and faraway places. The hostel rooms are spacious and fully equipped. They are provided all the necessities in the hostel. The hostel faculty plays a very important role in teaching discipline to the students.
- Sports and Gym: The university believes in the overall development of the students. It has a sports club as well as a gym room for the students. Those students who wish to participate in any sport are free to enroll themselves in. The gym is open to all the students who want to exercise and maintain their health
- Library: There is a library as well in this university. It has plenty of books regarding academic syllabus as well as motivational, self-help, etc. kind of books. They also have a digital system of libraries.
- Cultural Committee: This university has a cultural committee that takes care of the various events happening in the university. The university also celebrates a two-day festival called RIGOLO where students volunteer as well as participate with other colleges.
The faculty of the university is highly professional. They use different methods to make the students learn and understand better. There is a total of 100 faculty which includes 50 teaching faculty. Since Hotel Management has different sections, there are different faculties for them. The total count of professors in each section is below:
- Food and Beverages: 7
- Food Production: 13
- Front Office: 6
- Accommodation Operations: 6
- Marketing Management: 4
- Communicative English: 4
- Information Technology: 5
- Accounts: 4
Read More: IIHM Hyderabad Faculty
Ques. What are the topics that can be asked in Group Discussion?
Ans. In Group Discussion, you will be asked to put forth your views in any recent scenario or any event that has happened currently that made an impact on the world. They will be judging on how knowledgeable you are and how confidently you could put forth your views
Ques. Is IIHM good for Hospitality Management?
Ans. A good hospitality training institute offers hands-on training, good industry connections, and good mentors that make the student's industry-ready. IIHM is one such institute that offers all making it India’s best hospitality training institutes in India.
Ques. Do we get 100% placements?
Ans. Yes, IIHM is a brand name and all the students are benefited from the glory of the institute. Every student that is trained here gets placements.
Ques. What is the admission procedure?
Ans. The candidates are needed to register with IIHM ECHAT (entrance exam conducted by IIHM). They need to surpass minimum marks to qualify and then go through Group Discussion and Personal Interviews
Ques. Do the students get internships?
Ans. Yes, every student has to do an internship before passing out from college. The institute has tie-ups with Big brands that provide training and internships to the students here.
Ques. How many campuses does IIHM have in total?