Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition (IHM), Bhubaneswar offers various courses like B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration, P.G. Diploma in Accommodation Operation Management and Craftsmanship Course in Food Production & Food and Beverage Services. Graduates from this college are placed into top hotels such as The Oberoi Grand and Fortune Park. Admission to the institute is both merit and entrance-based.
Read More: IHM Bhubaneswar Cutoff
IHM Bhubaneswar Highlights
|Established||1973 | Government|
|Affiliated to||IGNOU, New Delhi|
|Principal||Ms. Sharada Ghosh|
|Courses offered | Type||UG, Diploma, PG Diploma | Hotel Management|
|Selection criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Accepted exam score||NCHMCT JEE|
|Official Website | Contact||https://www.ihmbbs.org/ | 0674-2589241|
IHM Bhubaneswar Courses
|Course||Duration||Qualification||Upper Age Limit||Intake|
|B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration||3 Years||10+2 or equivalent||22||243|
|Diploma Course in Food Production||1.6 Years||10+2 pass||25||40|
|PG Diploma in Accommodation Operation & Management||1.6 Years||Graduation in any stream with English as a subject||25||47|
|Craftsmanship Course in Food Production||1.6 Years||10th class pass of 10+2||25||40|
|Craftsmanship Course in Food and Beverage Services||24 Weeks||10th class pass of 10+2||25||40|
Apart from this, the Ministry of Tourism implemented the Hunnar Se Rozgar program through the Institute of Hotel Management for social upliftment and employment of the youth. Under Hunnar Se Rozgar program, the following courses are offered :
- Six-week full-time course in Food & Beverage Service
- Six-week full-time course in Housekeeping Utility
- Eight-week full-time course in Food Production (Cookery)
Eight-week full-time course in Bakery and Patisserie
Skills Certification Program
- Six days skill certification course for cooks
- Six days skill certification course for waiters
IHM Bhubaneswar Fee Structure
The detailed fee structure for various courses of IHM, Bhubaneswar is given below :
For B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
|Particulars||First Year||Second Year||Third Year|
|1st Sem.||2nd Sem||3rd Sem.||4th Sem.||5th Sem.||6th Sem.|
|Admission Fee (IHM)||1,500||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Enrollment Fee (NCHMCT) one time||1,800||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Tuition Fee (IHM)||39,700||39,700||40,600||40,600||46,600||46,600|
|Soft Skill Expenses||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||300||Nil|
|IGNOU Fee (IGNOU)||12,700||Nil||12,700||Nil||4,500||Nil|
|Examination Fee (IHM/NCHMCT)||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500|
|Student Activity Fee||2,500||Nil||2,500||Nil||2,500||Nil|
|Caution Money Fee (Refundable)||6,500||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
IHM Bhubaneswar Admissions
Students aspiring to take admission in any course offered by IHM, Bhubaneswar have to register themselves for the accepted entrance exam.
- IHM, Bhubaneswar accepts admission through the entrance exam NCHMCT JEE which is conducted by National Council for Hotel Management.
- After the declaration of result, counseling is conducted by the college and admission is given to the meritorious students.
Read More: IHM Bhubaneswar admission
IHM Bhubaneswar Placements
IHM, Bhubaneswar has a close relationship with tourism and travel trade. Leading hotels from all over the country conduct campus interviews every year and recruit some bright students fit for their job roles. Students also get a good number of offers to select from and work for the leading brand names. Also, the institute conducts carious designed training programs in the state hotels for providing industrial exposure to its students. The top recruiters of IHM, Bhubaneswar include :
|Taj Group of Hotels||IBM||Barbeque Nation|
|Oberoi Group of Hotels||CallHealth Services||Kenilworth, Kolkata|
|Leela Group of Hotels||Cafe Coffee Day||IRCTC|
|Hyatt Group||Thomas Cook||OYO|
|Radisson Group||Trident, Bhubaneswar||McDonald|
IHM Bhubaneswar Scholarship
Central Sector Scholarship for Top Class Education
- Criteria for SC Students: The SC students belonging to the 1st semester of 3 years B.Sc in Hospitality & Hotel Administration program, whose parents’ income is below INR 4.5 LPA, will be eligible for this scholarship. This scholarship is limited only to five students.
- Criteria for ST Students: The ST students belonging to the 1st semester of 3 years B.Sc in Hospitality & Hotel Administration program, whose parents’ income is below INR 4.5 LPA, will be eligible for this scholarship. This scholarship is limited only to two students.
- Criteria for Disability Student: The disability students belonging to 3 years B.Sc in Hospitality & Hotel Administration Program, whose parents income does not exceed INR 6.0 LPA, will be eligible for this scholarship. This scholarship is limited only to two students.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship
- Selection for grant of this scholarship shall be made only from amongst such candidates who fulfill all the criteria and apply for the same.
- The scholarship shall be provided to one student in each of the six-semester who obtains the highest percentage of aggregate marks the minimum being 60% in JEE/ First/ Second/ Third/ Fourth and Fifth-semester final examination.
- The gross family income of the beneficiary from all the sources should not exceed INR 3 LPA.
- The student is offered this scholarship should not be in the receipt of any other scholarship/stipend etc. under some other scheme, he/she will be required to exercise his/her option of choosing the scholarship that he/ she proposes to avail.
- The amount of scholarship is to the extent of full semester fee except examination fee and caution money as application from time to time.
Post Matric Scholarship SC/ ST/ OBC
Students are advised to visit the Post Matric Scholarship website of their respective national and state scholarship portal for criteria and eligibility.
IHM Bhubaneswar Facilities
- Library facility with a textbook on all disciplines, newspaper clippings on education-related topics, documentation services and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Medical facilities as a well qualified medical practitioner visits the institute twice a week and will be available on call in case of an emergency.
- Hostel facility with a boys hostel accommodating 140 students and a girls hostel accommodating 84 students. Private accommodation at nominal charges are also available near the institute.
- Other facilities include Sports and Games, Cultural Fests, Chef Contests (Inter and Intra Institute) and many social activities like blood donation camps.
IHM Bhubaneswar Faculty
The teaching staff of the institute consists of 18 well-trained and qualified lecturer cum instructors who work under the guidance of two HoDs namely Mr.Prakash Chandra Tripathy and Mr. Raj Kishor Pal. The institute and its working are governed by the principal of the institute Ms. Sharada Ghosh. All the faculty members always guide students in the correct direction and prove to be a great helping hand to the student.
Read More: IHM Bhubaneswar Faculty
Spread in an area of 40,000 sq. ft., IHM, Bhubaneswar has a peaceful academic environment with proper facilities and well-experienced faculties that ensure all-round development of the students. IHM, Bhubaneswar is an overall good option for pursuing hotel management related studies.
IHM Bhubaneswar FAQs
Ques. Is there any ragging affidavit form for IHM, Bhubaneswar?
Ans. All the IHMs do provide an anti-ragging form to all the students which is to be duly signed by all the students irrespective of their course opted for and year and hand it over to the concerned faculty.
Ques. How is the IHM, Bhubaneswar’s girl’s hostel? Where is it located?
Ans. The girl’s hostel provides accommodation to 84 girls at a time and is equipped with average facilities. It is located inside the campus along the staff quarters just beside the Ram Mandir and adjacent to the famous Khao Gali.
Read More: IHM Bhubaneswar Hostel
Ques. Do we have to wear formals on the reporting day of IHM, Bhubaneswar?
Ans. It is recommended to wear formals not only on day 1 but also for the rest of the time till your uniforms are stitched as it is always prudent as you are wearing your attitude. Moreover, your uniforms get stitched within weeks of joining. So don’t overstack your wardrobe with formals.
Ques. What are the degree certificates given by IHM, Bhubaneswar after completion of B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration?
Ans. The degree certificate any IHM under NCHMCT will provide you is a B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration in collaboration with IGNOU which is valid for the job and higher education. As soon as you complete, you have to collect the mark sheets of all 6 semesters from the college. After that, once you clear all the IGNOU subjects, you will receive a consolidated mark sheet of IGNOU and NCHMCT.
Ques. On what basis are the hostels allowed in IHMs?
Ans. The hostels in IHMs are allowed purely on the basis of the AIR ranking of the candidate in the entrance exam. The NCHMCT admission webpage lists the number of seats available in various IHMs for the current session. It is separate for boys and girls as per vacancy in respective hostels.