Dr. CV Raman University, Institute of Open and Distance Education (IODE), Bilaspur is awarded ‘Best University in Distance Online Learning’ by ASSOCHAM and awarded with the ‘World Education Award’ for best and next practices in Open and Distance Learning at World Education Summit. With 87 proposed study centers across Chhattisgarh, this institute offers students 41 different courses in 5 different departments. IODE Bilaspur offers degree and diploma in the discipline of Management, Information Technology, Commerce, Science, Biology, Economics, etc.
Institute of Open and Distance Education Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2009 | Distance Education|
|Approved by||UGC, DEB|
|Affiliated to||Dr. C.V. Raman University (CVRU), Bilaspur|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & Diploma|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online & Offline | INR 100|
|Facilities Available||Library, Audio-Visual CDs, Counselling|
|Admission Helpdesk||077532 53801|
Institute of Open and Distance Education Awards
- Awarded ‘Best University Trophy’ by Sadhna News School.
- Awarded ‘Young Achievers Award’ by News 18 Channel.
- Awarded ‘Best in Skill Development’ for academic and innovative approaches in talent grooming of youth.
- Awarded ‘Smart University Trophy’ by Sadhna News Channel.
Institute of Open and Distance Education Courses
IODE Bilaspur offers UG, PG & Diploma Courses in the discipline of Management, Information Technology, Commerce, Science, Biology, Economics, etc. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|BCA||-||10+2 (HSC) from a recognized board|
|B.Com||Banking, Computer Application|
|B.Sc||Mathematics, Biology, Yoga and Naturopathy|
|M.Sc||Mathematics, IT, Chemistry, Physics||Graduation in the related discipline from a recognized university|
|Post Graduate Diploma||Business Management, Marketing Management, Financial Management, HRM, Insurance and Risk Management, Yoga and Naturopathy||Graduate in any discipline|
|MA||English, Hindi, Political Science, Sociology, Education, Social Work, Economics|
|Diploma||Computer Education, Computer Application, Accountancy||10+2 (HSC) from a recognized board|
Institute of Open and Distance Education Admission
The application process for all the courses can be done online and offline which is suitable.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the institute and click on ‘Online Courses’.
Step 2: Log in to your account with the center coordinator’s id and password.
Step 3: Fill the application form and upload all the mandatory documents.
Step 4: Pay the application fee through Cheque or DD.
Step 1: Collect the application form along with prospectus by paying the application fee of INR 100 by cash or DD.
Step 2: Fill the application form with all the required details.
Step 3: Send the duly filled form along with the application fee of INR 100 through Demand Draft in favor of ‘Registrar, Dr. C.V. Raman University’, payable at Bilaspur to the address given below: The Registrar, Dr. C. V. Raman University, Kargi Road Kota, Bilaspur (CG)
Check: IODE Bilaspur Admission
Institute of Open and Distance Education Facilities
The distance learning program is different from conventional learning. Some of the facilities provided by IODE are as follows:
- Study material is dispatched to the learners in a timely manner. The study material provided is prepared by subject matter experts. These are dispatched to the registered learners within a month of registration.
- Assignment questions are dispatched to the learners in a similar manner.
- Most of the education happens in the form of distance learning, but there is face to face interaction when needed.
- Self-instructional: The study material provided is written in a self-instructional style.
- Audio-Visual Aids: Audio and Video CDs are provided to the learners in order to make learning easier for students. Each video is 25-30 minutes long.
- Counseling sessions: Counselling sessions are held after regular working hours and when the learner needs it.
- Teleconference and Videoconference are provided as well. Other modes of communication used are SMS, email, etc. Everything is done to ensure that the learner gets all the support they need.
- Self-assessment exercises are there at the end of each unit.
- There are also tutor evaluations.
Why Join the Institute of Open and Distance Education?
- The flexibility of individual study and flexibility in terms of time and place of study.
- The latest information and communication technology is used.
- The programs are cost-effective.
- Studies are done in a modular format.
- The courses and programs are updated regularly to be socially and educationally relevant.
- We combine conventional learning and distance learning.
- Making higher education available to those who cannot usually reach it.
- The professional education provided is need and knowledge-based.
Institute of Open and Distance Education FAQs
Ques. Can I apply online for all the programs offered by CVRU?
Ans. Yes, you get enrolled through online registration, for all kinds of programs; please visit https://www.cvru.ac.in/iode.
Ques. Can I pay the fees online?
Ans. Yes, you can pay the fee via online payment. You can also pay the same through cash or debit/ credit cards and demand draft.
Ques. Do I have to purchase study material or textbooks separately?
Ans. No, you do not need to purchase textbooks or study material separately; SLM (Self Learning Material) will be dispatched to your contact address.
Ques. Will I get access to Laboratory for practicals?
Ans. Yes, you will be provided access to the facilities of the laboratory.
Ques. Where can I find the assignment question?
Ans. Learners can go to the university’s website https://www.cvru.ac.in/ and find their assignments; learners will also receive emails about their assignments in their registered email id.