Dr. C.V. Raman University has been established on 3rd November 2006, is a premier world-class University in Chhattisgarh, and most importantly, in Central India as the Research and Education hub of Professional Courses. That ranges from diverse fields like Management, Arts, Science, Law, Naturopathy and many more.
With quality education being imparted to more than 85,000 students, the principal goal is to develop a new cadre of Confident, Capable and Cultured professionals who are evolved in terms of a skill set who are work Ready from day one. At Dr. C.V. Raman University, through an innovative research-based pedagogy along with world-class facilities and opportunities, we are providing the inspired, a platform to Be More!
Dr. Cv Raman University Highlights
Over 40,000 books
How to Reach
Aerial Dist. 15 km
Rail Dist. 6 km
Road Dist. 6 km
Dr. Cv Raman University Courses and Admission
Dr. Cv Raman University Undergraduate Admission
- Admissions to B.A, B.sc, B.com, B.E, BJMC, B.A.L.L.B, B.P.ED, B.CA etc. are included in the list.
- Different criteria are needed to take admission in different bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks scored from a recognized board in 10+2
- Those applying for B.Tech should appear in the JEE-main exam.
Dr. Cv Raman University postgraduate Admission
- A candidate seeking admission to the program should have passed with 50% (or equivalent) in their bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an allied branch of course from a recognized/ University.
- The sponsored candidates should have two years of work experience after BE/B.Tech degree.
- Candidates have to attend a CAT entrance exam.
- For M.Tech, a candidate should have done their graduation from a reputed university with a GATE entrance test.
- A CLAT test for doing Masters in Law.
Dr. Cv Raman University Ph. D. Admission
- The candidate should have completed his/her postgraduation in the relevant stream from a recognized University.
- With at least 50% marks in their respective streams.
- An entrance test with an interview will be held by the university.
Dr. Cv Raman University Placement
Almost all eligible students from different bachelor courses get placements from the institute. Major recruiters include Infosys, TCS, CSC, Atos Origin, Tata Technologies, and Tech Mahindra etc.
Dr. Cv Raman University Ranking
Body / Magazine
Dr. Cv Raman University Scholarship
- The University helps provide financial aid for students. Scholarships are awarded by the Chhattisgarh Government only to those SC/ST/OBC students whose parent’s total income is below INR 2 lakh per annum.
- Scholarship Distribution Ceremony: CVRU is one of the few universities in the country which holds a special ceremony to distribute scholarships to the meritorious students.
- Bank Loan Assistance: CVRU provides complete assistance regarding the study of loan facilities to incorporate prestigious banks like Bank of India, Punjab National Bank and State Bank of India etc.
- Educational Loan Amount for every student may vary up to INR 4 lakh from any bank.
Dr. Cv Raman University Facilities
- Library: The library is the hub of academic student life on campus. The Dr. C.V. Raman University houses a spacious library, stocked with more than 40,000 books, 5,000 titles, and thousands of CDs, journals, and reports. The CVRU library consists of a Central Library & separate Department Libraries to help students and faculties alike have easy access to the course and reference materials through a membership card.
- Hostel Facilities: The University provides separate accommodation for both boys and girls from outside Bilaspur. Mess facility is also available, where the student must submit his/her preferences for accommodation early in the process of admission. Currently, the hostel block houses more than 150 students. All hostels comprise of the main office, security room, and a guest house. The two boy’s blocks are called Tagore Block and Gandhi Block.
- Medical Aid: on the campus, there is a student’s Health Care Centre. With a full-time Medical Superintendent and a team of qualified, efficient doctors who are always present in the healthcare center. CVRU also offers Health Insurance Policies for their students.
- Cafeteria: Dr. CV Raman University has two canteens: a cafeteria and a dining hall on the campus, where tea/coffee and various snacks options are available. On the other hand, canteen serves both veg and non-veg meals to their students/staff members.
- Sports: Annual Sports Competition, CVRU in Inter-university Sports Activity, CVRU in Mni Olympiad