Sadakathullah Appa College is a minority general degree college located in Palayamkottai, Tirunelveli district, Tamil Nadu, offering Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research courses such as B.Sc., BBA, B. Com, BCA, BBM, BA, M.A., M.Com. and M.Sc., etc. Admission to all the courses of the college is merit-based. Students are required to apply offline for admission.
Sadakathullah Appa College Highlights
|Established | Type||1971 | Public|
|Affiliated to||Manonmaniam Sundaranar University (MS University), Tirunelveli|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Doctoral|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-Based|
|Official Website||http://sadakath.ac.in/index.php | 0462 2540763|
Sadakathullah Appa College Courses
The institution offers 8 UG and 2 PG courses in the aided category and 13 UG, 6 PG, and 6 M.Phil. courses and 4 Ph.D. programs in the unaided category. Almost all the departments have PG courses. Apart from this, it has 13 certificates, 7 diplomas, and 6 advanced diploma courses. BSc., BBA, B. Com, BCA, BBM, and BA are the courses offered at the undergraduate level. Sadakathullah Appa College also offers M.A., M.Com. and M.Sc. courses at the postgraduate level. M.Phil. is offered as a research program:
Read More: Sadakathullah Appa College Courses & Fees
Sadakathullah Appa College Admissions
Admissions at SAC College Palayamkottai is purely merit-based. Students who have qualified the previous academic stage with good marks are eligible to apply for admissions.
How to apply?
The college offers an offline mode of application process only. Candidates can download the application form from the college website. The last date for submission of application forms for each of the courses will be announced by the college during the commencement of the application period.
- Candidates can download the application form for the respective courses from the official website of the college.
- Click on the link given to download the application form.
- Fill out the form carefully with all the correct information, and send it to the college or submit at the college’s office.
- Information regarding application fee, if applicable, will be intimated to the student during the application process.
- Information regarding the list of documents required for verification will be announced by the college before the commencement of the application process.
Read More: Sadakathullah Appa College Admission
The Sadakathullah Appa College Library has emerged as a Knowledge Resource Centre mainly catering to the information needs of the Faculty, Research Scholars, and Students. The College Library functions from 1971, since its inception. The library is shelved as an independent department in the campus with a floor area of nearly 2,000 sq. Ft. Library users have always cherished memories of availing the services of this treasure-house of documents in the past decades. A rare collection of journals in literature are present in this library in foreign languages such as Arabic. Automation of this library consisting of over forty thousand documents was made possible by the initial financial support of the UGC grants under the head "College Management" and Government of Tamil Nadu. The Library is in the process of modernization. We are proud to say that our library is fully automated. We have issued identity cards to the students with bar-codes. The e-gate facility enables to monitor the entry, exit, book issue, and book return of the students.
Sadakathullah Appa College FAQs
Ques. When will the application forms at SAC College be issued?
Ans. The application forms for the UG, PG, and M.Phil. courses will be available from 13th May 2020. The last date to fill the application form is 30th May 2020.
Ques. How are the placements of the college?
Ans. The dedicated placement cell regularly conducts grooming sessions of the students in areas like soft skills, interview facing skills, behavioral skills hereby making them industry-fit. In recent years the college has witnessed some well-known recruitment companies walking-in and being invited for campus placements.
The median package offered to students after the completion of UG programs is INR 1.59 LPA, whereas, the median package offered to students after PG programs is INR 1.31 LPA.
Ques. What scholarships can students avail at the college?
Ans. Listed below are some of the scholarships that the college provides for the students of SAC:
- Scholarship for children of Ex-servicemen.
- Central Wakf Council Scholarship
- Manonmaniam Sundaranar University - Endowment Scholarship.
- Backward Class Welfare Scholarship (for BC, MBC, DNC students) • Dravidar Welfare Scholarship (SC, ST, and converted Christians).
- Chief Minister -Award Scholarship.
- Children of Beedi / Mine / Cine / Worker Scholarship.
- Adi Dravidar -Higher Education Special Scholarship (Loan).
- State College Education Scholarship.
- Tamil Nadu Educational Trust Scholarship.
- EVR Nagammai Scheme Scholarship.
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural Labourers, Farmers (Social, Security, and Welfare Scheme Scholarship.
- Minority Scholarship (Muslims and Christians etc.,).
- Apart from the above listed, the college also offers the following scholarships:
- Repute Educational and Charitable Home Scholarship.
- Endowment Scholarship.
- B.S. Abdur Rahman Zakat Fund Foundation Scholarship.
- OMEIAT Assistance.
Candidates applying for Scholarship can download the scholarship form from the official website.
Ques. What facilities are available in this college?
Ans. Sadakathullah Appa College, Tirunelveli offers the following facilities: Library, Labs, Sports Complex, Cafeteria, Hostel, Auditorium, Medical Facility, Gym. etc.
Ques. Which courses are the most in-demand at this college?
Ans. Sadakathullah Appa College, Tirunelveli offers multiple courses across various disciplines. Some of the courses in demand at this college are B.Sc. and M.Sc.