Manonmaniam Sundaranar University (MS University) Tirunelveli, is a State University and an affluent center of higher studies, established in September 1990, by the Government of Tamil Nadu to cater to the long-felt needs of the three southern-most districts of Tamilnadu people viz., Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, and Kanyakumari. It provides many PG, Integrated PG, PG Diploma & Certificate Courses through its 26 teaching departments. The University has inherited a strong network of over 102 affiliated colleges, 6 MSU Colleges, and 4 Constituent Colleges.
Manonmaniam Sundaranar University (MSU), Tirunelveli has started applications for the Qualifying Entrance Examination for Ph.D and M.Phil. Programs in various courses. Apply here for MSU Admission 2021
MS University Tirunelveli Highlights
|Approvals and Accreditations||UGC and NAAC|
|No. of Affiliated Colleges||102|
|Courses||UG and PG|
|Mode of Registration||Offline|
|Campus Area||550 Acres|
|How to reach||
MS University Tirunelveli Courses
The university has established 24 departments running courses in Arts, Languages, and Sciences at UG, PG and research level. BA, B.Com., BBA, B.L.I.Sc., and B.Sc. are offered at the UG level in the university’s affiliated colleges. Manonmaniam Sundaranar University offers MA., M.Sc., MJMC, MCA, M.E., M.Ed., M.Tech., M.P.Ed., M. Com, MSW, MBA, MHRD courses at the PG level.
|Undergraduate Courses||Postgraduate Courses|
|Arts (B.A)||Science (B.Sc)||Arts (M.A)||Science (M.Sc)|
|Tamil||Bio-Technology||Comp App with Eng||Botany|
|Journalism||Computer Science||M.Com||Software Engineering|
|Mass Comm.||Software Engineering||M.Com with Comp App||Dietitics|
|Sociology||Costume Designing and Apparel Making||History||ECE|
|B.B.A||Electronics||Social Work||IT and System|
|Food Science & Nutrition||--||Hospitality Mgmt|
|Hotel Mgmt & Catering||--||--|
MS University Tirunelveli Admissions
Application to any UG and PG courses can be made in offline mode. Admission to MBA will be done on the basis of score obtained in TANCET, conducted by Anna University. The final selection is derived from group discussion and personal interview rounds conducted by the University Department.
Candidates need to download the application form from the official website of the university and send the filled form via post. Candidates must follow the subsequent steps to apply:
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Click on the ‘Examinations’ tab on the menu bar.
- Click on ‘Applications for candidates in 2019-19’ and download the form.
- Take a print out and fill the form correctly.
- Make a Demand Draft of INR 500 + 150 (entrance fee) in favor of “The Registrar, MS University”payable at Tirunelveli.
- The duly filled-in application form along with relevant documents should be sent to:
- The Registrar,
- Manonmaniam Sundaranar University,
- Abishekapatti, Tirunelveli – 627 012
Note: The application fee can also pay through challan to be remitted to Indian Bank, M.S.University Branch, Abishekapatti, Tirunelveli-12. SC / ST candidates are exempted from payment of any application fee for one course only but are required to pay the Entrance Exam fee.
Read More MS University Tirunelveli Admissions
MS University Tirunelveli Distance Education Program
The university also offers various distance UG and PG programs in diverse specializations under the faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, and Management. Eligible candidates can download the application forms available at the official university website and will be shortlisted directly to the distance learning courses. Duly filled-in application forms along with the demand draft/challan and the certificates should reach the university office on or before the prescribed date.
|Undergraduate Program||Postgraduate Program|
2. Diploma in Yoga for Human Excellence
3. Certificate Course in Yoga for Human Excellence
4. Certificate Course in Library and Information Science
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
MS University Tirunelveli Placements
The university provides placement to the needy and worthy students who qualify the examinations with flying colors. Some of the past years' placement data is given below:
|PG (2 Year duration) Session||No. of Students Placed||Median Salary offered|
|2017-18||93||INR 1.10 Lacs Per Annum|
|2016-17||81||INR 1.41 Lacs Per Annum|
|2015-16||47||INR 1.84 Lacs Per Annum|
MS University Tirunelveli Facilities
- Library: The library at Manonmaniam Sundaranar University was established in the year 1990 and it has been upgraded to a more digitalized version to be in synchronization with current trends of e-content. The students can access the library e-resources from their place of stay with the help of the Remote Access method using the secret password. The Central Library of the university has a vast and rich collection of 1,14,995 books in almost every academics
- Hostel: The university provides a residential facility for girl students in Hostel premises. Each room accommodates 4 students and all the basic facilities are available at a reasonable cost. The following fee is collected from the students every year:
- Application fee - Rs.100/-
- Establishment Fee - Rs.1900/- per semester
- Room Rent - Rs.1000/- per semester
- Caution Deposit - Rs.3000/- (which will be refunded at the end of the academic year)
- The mess fee for a month is calculated as Rs.75/day. Electricity bill is calculated based on dividing system
- Rs.200/- is charged as the guest rate for the students staying in the hostel during Seminar, Conference and Workshop, etc.,
- Rebates are given based on N-2 basis (where N = number of days they are absent)
- Sports Facilities The university organizes many inter-college sports activities among its affiliated colleges to cater to the physical fitness needs of the students during their respective program years Manonmanium Sundarnar University
MS University Tirunelveli FAQs
Que. I want to prepare for a Ph.D. / written test. What is the syllabus?
Que. I am NET / SLET /UGC / UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR qualified and I wish to apply for Ph.D. at Manonmaniam Sundaranar University. Am I exempted from the written test/interview?
Ques. What is the cutoff mark for selection for Ph.D. admission?
Ans. A minimum cumulative mark of 55% is fixed for selection based on the performance in the qualifying entrance exam and Interview and the successful candidates shall be shortlisted.
Ques. I would like to apply for Full-Time Ph.D. Programme. Is it necessary to fix the Supervisor and get his/her consent?
Ans. For both Full-Time and Part-Time Ph.D. programs, the consent of the supervisor is mandatory. A list of the recognized Supervisor with their official address is given in our website under Supervisor at the link ‘https://msuniv.ac.in/research/supervisor’. Consent of the recognized supervisor working in a recognized Department of this University is mandatory to consider Ph.D. application. Candidates may contact the proposed Supervisor for obtaining their consent. The concerned supervisor has to sign on the printed application form; otherwise, Ph.D. application will be rejected. Recognized supervisors working in a non-recognized research departments of affiliated colleges of Manomaniam Sundaranar University / working in a recognized R&D center shall function only as Joint Supervisor.
Ques. How to choose a supervisor?
Ans. Candidates wishing to apply for Ph.D. should first choose a supervisor in the field of interest, (from the list of supervisors under various discipline given on the website), get consent from supervisor (In the online application process, supervisor has the discretion to approve a candidate, and only after approval, the candidate will be able to complete the online application process. The application shall be accepted only if it is duly signed by the chosen supervisor). Generally the discipline of the supervisor is the same as that of the scholar / applicant. You may choose a supervisor from other ‘disciplines under valid reasons will be Inter-disciplinary. .