Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College is an autonomous government college that was established in 1955.
The college is located in the city of Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu. The college was accredited with a grade ‘A’ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council(NAAC). The college is affiliated with the Bharathidasan University located in the state of Tamil Nadu. The college is approved by the University Grants Commission(UGC) and the Government of Tamil Nadu.
The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses such as Bachelors of Business Administration(BBA), Bachelor of Science(B.Sc), Bachelors of Arts(BA), Bachelors of Commerce(B.Com), Masters in Science(M.Sc), and Masters in Arts(MA). Admissions at Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College are offered on the basis of marks obtained in the previous examinations
Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College RSGC Thanjavur: Highlights
All the information about the institute is given below:
|Institute Type||Government and Autonomous|
|Approved by||University Grants Commission(UGC) and Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Affiliated to||Bharathidasan University, Tamil Nadu|
|Financed by||Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Campus Area||14,71 Acres|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses|
|Popular Courses||Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses|
|Facilities available||Auditorium, cafeteria|
Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College RSGC Thanjavur: Courses Offered
Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Tabulated below are details of the same:
Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College RSGC Thanjavur: Admission
Admissions at Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College is offered on the basis of marks scored in the previous qualifying examinations for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can find the application form on the official website of Bharathidasan University, Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates have to first do the registration. They can find the register link at the top of the page. Candidates have to fill in their name, email-id, password, and date of birth.
- After the registration, candidates can log in to their portal with the username and password. Candidates have to fill in information such as the name of the parent, gender, communal category, other categories, state, address, and aadhar card no. Candidates need to upload their recent passport size photograph.
- Next, students have to fill in their choices for the course they are applying for.
- Candidates can pay the application fee using a Net Banking/Debit card/Credit card. If candidates are applying for more than one course, the application fee is to be paid separately for each course. The application fee charged is:
|Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes||Rs 175/-|
|General Category||Rs 355/-|
- Candidates also have to fill in their academic information such as marks scored in school and undergraduate.
- Lastly, candidates have to upload the following documents:
- Application fee receipt
- SSLC Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Other certificates if applicable
- Mark sheets
- After this candidates can submit their application form.
University after the whole application process is completed, releases merit lists of all the courses. Candidates who have received their desired college can freeze their seats or can wait for upcoming lists. After this, the document verification process takes place offline.
Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College RSGC Thanjavur: Placement
The placement records of Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College have improved dramatically for many years. Many top names in the industry have been coming to the college for the placement drive. The responsibilities of the training and placement cell are:
- Inviting companies and giving them profiles of the candidates.
- Telling students about different companies and briefing them about the requirements of the companies.
- Organizing job fairs, functions, seminars to educate the students about different job options.
Undergraduate courses(3 years) Placement records
|Academic Year||Number of students Placed||Median Salary|
|2018-19||210||150000( One Lakh Fifty Thousand)|
Postgraduate courses(2 years) Placement records
|Academic Year||Number of students Placed||Median Salary|
|2018-19||22||150000( One Lakh Fifty Thousand)|
Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College RSGC Thanjavur: Scholarship
The government of Tamil Nadu for many years has made many schemes and scholarships for the scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, and other minority castes. Following are the Scholarships offered to the students:
- Fee Exemption
This scheme is introduced by the Directorate of Minorities welfare. Students who are pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate programs in colleges situated in Tamil Nadu in Tami Medium are exempted from paying examination fees.
- Free education for professional Courses
This scheme is introduced by the Directorate of Minorities welfare. Students belonging to Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Classes/Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes who are pursuing professional courses in colleges situated in the state of Tamil Nadu will be exempted from paying some amount of fees.
- Free Education Scheme
This scheme is introduced by the Directorate of Minorities welfare. Students belonging to the Backward Classes(BC) and Most backward classes(MBC) who are pursuing Bachelor of Arts(BA), Bachelors of Science(B.Sc), and Bachelors of Commerce(B.Com) are eligible for this scheme. The special fee and other non-refundable fees will be paid by the government.
- Merit Scholarships for Backward Classes
Students belonging to the Scheduled castes/Scheduled Tribes and other backward classes pursuing professional undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the state of Tamil Nadu will be awarded with Rs 20000 or Rs 10000 which will cover their course fees.
- Perarignar Memorial Award
Students belonging to the Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes, and DNC who have topped in their respective undergraduate and postgraduate courses will be awarded with this award. They will be awarded with Rs 5000/- for 4 to 5 years.
Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College RSGC Thanjavur: Faculty
The faculty of Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College are professional in their respective fields and working hard towards providing the students with the best education. The college has 181 teachers in total. Most of the teachers hold Ph.D. and master's of Philosophy(M.Phil) degrees. The faculty members are working in the following position:
- Assistant Professor - 168
- Associate Professor - 13
Out of the total, 115 teachers are Ph.D. holders and 63 teachers are M.Phil holders.
Ques. What is the mode of Application at Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College?
Ques. What are the reservations applicable in Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College?
Ans. The reservations that are applicable in the colleges of the state of Tamil Nadu are:
- General Category have reservation up to 31%
- Scheduled castes have reservation up to 15%
- Scheduled Tribes have reservation up to 1%
- Backward Classes have reservation up to 26.5%
- Backward Classes(Muslim) have reservation up to 3.5%
- Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities(MBC & DNC) have reservation upto 20%
- Scheduled Castes-Arunthathiyars have reservation up to 3%
Ques. What other additional activities are provided to the students by Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College?
Ans. The college has arranged for the students to open various clubs which are managed by the students only. The clubs are as follows:
- National Service Scheme(NSS)
- National Cadet Corps(NCC)
- Red Ribbon Club
- Youth Red Cross
- Leo Club
- Consumer Club
Ques. Are researchers given the option to choose full-time or part-time Ph.D. programs at Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College?
Ques. What are some of the career options after completing a Masters of Philosophy(M.Phil) Physics course from Rajah Serfoji Government Arts College?
Ans. Some of the career options after completing a Masters of Philosophy(M.Phil) Physics course are:
- Associate Professor
- Junior Researcher
- Content Developer
- Subject Matter Expert
- Training Manager