Bharathidasan University Quick Update
May 20: TANCET 2020 Scorecard downloading date has been extended till May 23, 2020. Check here
Bharathidasan University (BDU) is a State University in the city of Tiruchirapalli of the Tamilnadu state in India. The university has 151 Affiliated Colleges including 10 constituent colleges, 21 Govt. colleges, 11 government-aided colleges to have an autonomous status. Bharathidasan University has three campuses Palkalaiperur Campus, Khajamalai Campus, and BIM campus.
Bharathidasan University offers various UG, PG, Doctoral, and distance education programs in the University departments. Students can apply in Affiliated colleges, model colleges, and PG Extension Centers to grab admission in regular and distance programs. Bharathidasan University Admission is done on the basis of merit of the qualifying exam. It also accepts CAT and TANCET for the MBA program.
Bharathidasan University Highlights
|Established | Type||1982 | State University|
|Approved by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Accreditations||NAAC ‘A+’ Grade|
|Campus area||450 acres|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
Bharathidasan University Awards & Recognitions
- Secured 60th rank in the list of Indian Universities of NIRF Rankings 2019
- Accredited with A+ grade by NAAC in 2019
- Ranked 49th as per Webometrics, the Ranking Web of Higher Education Universities
Bharathidasan University Courses
The university provides a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in multiple specializations. The duration of UG, PG and research courses is varied depending upon the stream and specialization chosen. Tabulated below is a brief about the same:
|B.Voc||Intermediate graduate in any discipline|
|B.P.Ed||Any Degree/ BPE or B.Sc (Physical Education)|
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|Integrated M.Tech||Intermediate graduate with PCM and Computer Science|
|M.Sc||Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline|
|MCA||Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects|
|MCA (Lateral)||PGDCA / B.Sc. Computer Science / B.Sc. Information Technology / BCA or B.Sc in Software Development|
Check: Bharathidasan University Fees
Bharathidasan University Admission
Admission to all courses offered by the university is done in offline mode only. Applicants who wish to apply are required to visit the university website and download the application form. The application form and Prospectus can be obtained from the registrar on payment of INR 355 (INR 175 for SC/ ST) in cash. Students can also download the form available on the official website of the university by paying the fees through Netbanking or Debit/ Credit card.
The selection of candidates is done through the merit of the last qualifying exam. Applicants obtain equal or more than required marks are only considered for admission. While those seeking admission to the MBA program need to appear for CAT or TANCET.
Know more: Bharathidasan University Admission
Bharathidasan University Result
The University conducts the semester examinations for regular programs twice in a year. Students must follow the below-mentioned steps to download the scorecard:
- Visit the official website of Bharathidasan University.
- Click on the tab ‘Examination’.
- Now click on the semester examination link.
- After that, you will be redirected to the result page.
- Enter your registration number and click on ‘Submit’.
- Save and download the scorecard for future reference.
Click here: Bharathidasan University Result
Bharathidasan University Scholarship
BDU University provides many scholarship programs to the needy and worthy students via many forms. Numerous State Govt. Scholarship Programs and Central Govt. Scholarship Programs are being run under the curriculum of the university for the betterment of the university students. Listed below are the name of the same:
- Govt. of India Scholarship for Meritorious Students
- Scholarship for the Distance Learning Students for SC/ST students
- Govt. of Tamil Nadu Scholarship for BC, MBC and DNC Students
- Kothari Fellowship
- Rajiv Gandhi Research Fellowship
- UGC Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship
Read More: Bharathidasan University Scholarship
Bharathidasan University Collaborations
- Madras Institute of Heavy Machineries (MIHM), Chennai
- Divva Knowledge Process and Management Limited, Bengaluru
- Animation Academy, Shalom InfoTech Pvt Ltd, Tiruchirapalli
- International Institute for Career Development (IICD), Tiruchirappalli
- Lead Global Management Institute (LGMI), Bangalore
- Don Bosco Institute of Information and Communication Excellence, Tiruchirappalli
- Beta Technologies, Coimbatore
Bharathidasan University Facilities
Following are some of the facilities offered by the university to cater to the need of the students:
- Library: There is a rich collection of more than 10,000 e-resources which include thousands of e-journals. Through the digital library, the students, as well as faculty members, can have access to 5000 back volumes and 7000 electronic books.
- Hostel: There are nine hostels on the campus provided by the university for the outstation students at very cheap and affordable prices in which four are meant for males while five hostels are reserved for female students.
- Health Center: There is a special Health Center within the campus premises in 300 sq. feet area. The health center has First-aid medicine, IRR Lamp, Electrocardiogram and other basic equipment.
Apart from the above facilities, the university provides many other facilities such as Sports & Fitness, Transportation, Food & Shops, Computing Resources, and Emergency & Personal Safety, and many more like them.
Bharathidasan University Faculty
Listed below are the faculty members in the university:
Dr. A. Edward William Benjamin
- Qualifications: M.A., M.Sc, M.Ed, M.Phil, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Education & Educational Technology
Dr. V. Vinod Kumar
- Qualifications: M.A.(Eng), M.A., M.Phil, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Research: English Language Teaching, Comparative Literature, Diasporic Studies
Dr. C. Issac Jebastine
- Qualifications: M.A., M.Phil. Ph.D., PGCTE
- Contributions: Published 9 international journals and 16 national journals.
Dr. S. Sivaramakrishnan
- Qualifications: M.Sc, M.Phil, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Research: Nanotechnology and Agricultural Biotechnology
Dr. M. Manickavasagam
- Qualifications: M.Sc and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Plant Genetic Engineering and Plant Tissue Culture
Read more: Bharathidasan University Faculty