The Eye Foundation, Coimbatore is a pioneer in laser vision correction with 18 Consultation rooms and 20 Optometry lanes. It is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR. Medical University. It has proved to be one of the best eye specialty hospitals in all the major parts of the Southern states of the Country and has a track record of nearly over 30 years. The institute offers DNB in Ophthalmology, Nursing & Advanced Diploma, and a number of fellowship programs.
The Eye Foundation Highlights
|Courses offered||Fellowships, Diploma|
|Admission criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
|Facilities||Internet, Wetlab facilities, Teleconferencing, Library|
The Eye Foundation Courses
The institute offers diploma and fellowship programs across various specializations. The courses with details are mentioned below:
Course 1: Nursing and Advanced Diploma
- Duration - 2 years +1 year internship
- Eligibility criteria - Candidates should have passed 10+2 from a recognized board
Course 2: DNB in Ophthalmology
- Duration- 3 years
- Eligibility Criteria- Candidates must have completed MBBS from a recognized institute
Course 3: Fellowship in Optometry
- Duration - 1 year
- Eligibility criteria – Candidates should have passed Bachelor in optometry with minimum 60% aggregate marks
Course 4: Fellowship
- Specializations- Vitreoretinal Surgery, Cornea, Cataract & Refractive Surgery, Ophthalmology, Glaucoma
- Duration - 18+6 months
- Eligibility criteria - Candidates should have completed the MS/MD/DNB/DO degree to be eligible for the course.
The Eye Foundation Admissions
The admission to the DNB in Ophthalmology courses is done through a centralized exam and counseling conducted by NBE. For the fellowship programs, candidates need to appear in an entrance test conducted by the institute. The application forms are available on the institute’s website.
- Visit the official college website of the college
- Download the application form.
- Fill in the details in the application form
- Mail the duly filled application to email@example.com
The Eye Foundation Placements
Placement opportunities at The Eye Foundation are pretty high as the college itself absorbs the students in its hospital as well as there are opportunities with other eye specialty hospitals. The college also provides a mandatory internship for 6 months to 1 year to diploma students after completion of their course.
Read more The Eye Foundation Coimbatore Placements
The Eye Foundation Scholarships
Students can apply for scholarships or apply for education loans. At present, the State and Central government provide scholarships to students of reserved category as well as from economically weaker backgrounds through the state and national portals. Private and Public sector banks also provide education loan facilities. Information regarding scholarships can be obtained from the college office
The Eye Foundation Facilities
The Eye Foundation, Coimbatore has the top-class infrastructure and all necessary facilities. Some of them are listed below:
- Internet - The hospital is equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi facility for students as well as doctors so that they are updated with the technological innovations around the world.
- Library – There is a library with a wide range of books in various subjects across the field of medical sciences
- Laboratory – The well-equipped laboratories are available with all necessary facilities
- Other facilities - Wetlab Facilities, Teleconferencing, Hygienic Cafeteria
The Eye Foundation FAQs
Ques: Does the Eye Foundation, Coimbatore provide accommodation?
Ans: Yes there are accommodation facilities for the fellowship program
Ques: Is there a B.Sc. nursing program available?
Ans: No, there is a Nursing & Advanced Diploma program
Ques: Are there any Entrance exams?
Ans: Admission to the course will be based upon the type of course. For admission to DNB in Ophthalmology, candidates have to qualify NEET-PG while for the courses like fellowship in Optometry students will be selected on the basis of an objective examination and interview, which will be based on optometry topics that were covered up to 6th semester.