Maharaja Surajmal Institute is ranked ‘A’ grade by NAAC with a score point of 3.02. It offers courses at the undergraduate level in the field of commerce and business administration. The Institute follows the admission process of IP University and admits students on the basis of merit scored in the entrance test. The university releases cut off for each category separately which includes Delhi Region, Defence, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Physically Handicapped, etc.
Maharaja Surajmal Institute Highlights
|Established | Type||1999 | Private Institute|
|Affiliation||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
|Accreditation||NAAC – ‘A’ grade|
|Type of Program||Undergraduate|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
Maharaja Surajmal Institute Ranking
- Ranked 14th among Top 80 BCA Best Colleges by India Today Rankings 2019
- Ranked 13th among Top 120 BBA Colleges in India by India Today Ranking 2019
- Ranked 5th among Top 75 BBA Institute by Time Ranking Survey 2018
Maharaja Surajmal Institute Courses
|BBA||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks in any discipline|
|BCA||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks in aggregate with Mathematics|
|B.Ed||Bachelor’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities with 50% marks (OR) B.E/ B.Tech|
Know more: Maharaja Surajmal Institute Fees
Maharaja Surajmal Institute Admission
Eligible candidates applying for the Institute have to fill an online application form by visiting the official website of GGSIPU. The university conducts a common entrance test for which the registration process starts in January. They will also be required to pay an online application fee of INR 1000 submitted with a duly filled form. Candidates will be required to appear in the IPU CET entrance test on a given date. Upon declaration of result and merit list, they will be called for an interview and are required to opt for choices in institutes.
- CET: It is mandatory for all students willing to take admission to appear in the Common Entrance Test (CET) and clear the same.
- Counseling: All students who clear the CET assigned a rank and then they are called in counseling as per their rank and are allotted seats in the institute according to the choice of student and availability of seats.
Read more: Maharaja Surajmal Institute Admission
Maharaja Surajmal Institute Placement
The institute has a dedicated and active placement cell which introduces job opportunities to students to the corporate world environment. It provides total support and guidance to the students in getting summer training as well as final placements. Experts from the corporate sector are regularly invited to share their experience with the students in the form of presentations, seminars, guest lectures, etc.
Tabulated below are the placement statistics for each course provided by the Institute:
|Course Name||No. of students placed|
The list of the recruiters includes Wipro, Reliance Jio, Aditya Birla Group, Amazon, PolicyBazar.com, ICICI Prudential, Concentrix, Deloitte, Infosys, Capgemini, SAP Labs, TCS, IBM India, Convergies, etc.
Maharaja Surajmal Institute Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the institute to cater to the need of the students:
- Library: There is a central library at the institute with a rich collection of books, journals, magazines, reference books, project reports. All the students and faculty members can use the library resources by taking library membership.
- Computer Labs: There are 9 well-equipped and maintained computer labs with around 30 systems in each lab. The computer systems are interconnected to each other through LAN. They are equipped with LCD projectors to show graphical content easily and quickly.
- Hostels: The Institute has a hostel for both boys and girls namely Raja Mahendra Pratap Hostel with accommodation to 230 students. It has 4 storey buildings with all the necessary amenities. The rooms are offered at very subsidized rates with mess, playground, TV room, common room and sports.