Institute of Business Management and Research was established in 1976, Kolkata is approved by AICTE, MHRD Govt. of India. IBMR is a premier Management learning Centre offering AICTE Approved MBA, BBA (H), and BCA (H) courses, affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), and formerly known as WBUT and Master in Hospital Administration (MHA) under The West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
Admissions in MBA programs IBMR are based on performance in CMAT / MAT or JEMAT examination and percentage of marks in Undergraduate, Post Graduate Degree examination. The performance is also measured on the basis of GD and Pl of candidate, which is held at IBMR premises.
Institute of Business Management and Research (IBMR) Highlights
|Established/ Institution Type||1976|Private University|
|Set by||Govt. of India|
|Entrance Exam||CET MAKAUT, CMAT / MAT or JEMAT|
|Courses Offered||MBA, MHA, BBA (Supply Chain Management), BBA, BBA (Hosp. Mgmt.), BBA (Entre.ship.), BMA Wealth Creators, MagMa Leasing|
|Admission Criteria||Merit base and Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||Future Group, Absas Solution Private Ltd, India Mart|
|Facilitates Available||Hostels, Library, Sports, Auditoriums, Health Centers, Seminar hall, Computer lab, Wi-Fi campus|
Institute of Business Management and Research (IBMR) Courses Offered
Details of the courses provided by IBMR are given below:
|MBA||Subject :- Managerial Economics (Micro), Entrepreneurship and Project Management, Indian Economy and Policy, Operations Management, Corporate Strategy
Eligibility:- The minimum qualification is a Bachelor’s degree in Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Engineering/ Technology/ Medical/ Dental/ Agriculture or other professional courses from recognized universities and have to clear entrance exam of CMAT / MAT or JEMAT
Duration:- 2 years(Four Semesters)
|MHA||Subject:- Hospital organization and management theory, Operations Research and Research Methodology in Hospitals Strategic, etc.
|BBA, BBA (Hosp. Mgmt.), BBA (S. Chain. Mgmt.), BBA (Entre.ship.)||Subject:- Cost Accounting, Production and material management, Basics of Mathematics, Principal of management, Economics, Common Traits, and mindset of self-made Businessmen & Entrepreneurs, Form of business organization.
Eligibility: - Indian citizen having passed/appeared in (10+2) Higher Secondary Examination in general or Vocational Stream under West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination from a recognized University / Board with a Valid Score Card of the entrance test CET (Common Entrance Test) conducted by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) are eligible to apply.
Duration:- 3 years(Six Semesters)
Institute of Business Management and Research (IBMR) Admissions
Admissions to the courses of Institute of business management and research are based on the entrance exam and percentage of marks in the Undergraduate, Post Graduate Degree examination.
How to Apply?
- Candidates need to visit the official website of the Institute of Business Management and Research’s Official Website.
- Candidates need to fill the online application form through the application form link Click Here.
- Candidates should make sure that the data entered by them is correct, failure of which can lead to rejection/ dismissal of admission..
- Admission fees, i.e., Rs. 1000 has to be paid by the candidate for MBA and BBA but for the MHA course candidates need to submit the fees of Rs. 3000/-
Admissions are granted to the qualified candidates through GD and interview at Institute’s campus. Candidates have to take the application forms and prospectus on payment of Rs. 500/- cash or Rs. 550/- by DD in favor of “Institute of Business Management & Research” payable at Kolkata.
Institute of Business Management and Research (IBMR) Placements
- Placement Stats of MBA Students:
|Details||Package (In Per Annum)|
|Lowest Package||Rs 2,20,000|
|Average Package||Rs 3,00,000|
|Highest Package||Rs 5,50,000|
- Placement Stats of MHA Students:
|Details||Package (In Per Annum)|
|Lowest Package||Rs1.5 lac P.A|
|Average Package||Rs 2.00Lac P.a|
|Highest Package||Rs 3.00Lac P.a|
- Placement Stats of BBA Students
|Details||Package (In Per Annum)|
|Lowest Package||Rs1.5 lac PA|
|Average Package||Rs 2.00 Lac P. A|
|Highest Package||Rs 3.00 Lac P. A|
- Future Group
- Apollo Munich
- India Mart
- Berger Paints India Ltd
- Cess Fire
- HDFC BANK, etc.
Institute of Business Management and Research (IBMR) Internships / Project
Six to Eight weeks Internship Project in the industry is necessary for MBA students. Students will be required to submit a Project Report on any area of Elective courses (Finance, Marketing, HRM, Operations Management, Business Analytics, MIS, and Healthcare Management) under the Faculty's guidance. The Project will be examined on marks given on the basis of Project Report, Presentation, and Viva.
Institute of Business Management and Research (IBMR) Facilities
- Wi-Fi Campus: - IBMR has expanded its quality higher educational facility in two campuses at Kolkata looking into the best possible advantageous position in Proper South Kolkata and well connected by various modes of transport. These campus's locations surround the various corporate hubs. Both the campuses are Wi-Fi enabled Centrally Air- Conditioned with Hi-tech Classrooms, Library, Computer Lab, seminar room, Auditorium, and others required facilities
- Class and Tutorial Rooms: - Centrally Air-Conditioned Hi-tech Classrooms with overhead LCD projectors, Audio System, Public Address System, Wi-Fi Internet & Intranet facility.
- Fully Equipped Library: - The Institute has a well-equipped computerized library. It contains more than 15000 copies of text and reference books in all functional areas of management. It also subscribes to a good number of journals including foreign journals & periodicals which may be consulted in the Library's reading room. Instruction CD ROMS, on-line journals and magazines, and other audio-visual educational materials are also available.
- Computer Lab: - The air-conditioned, well-facilitated with latest versions of Software, Printing, and scanning facilities. All the computer labs are well connected with a High-Speed Internet facility. The institute's IT department has developed much application-specific software that brings inefficiency of operations.
- Seminar Hall: - The institute has a seminar hall which is fully air-conditioned with a seating capacity of 500 serves the requirement of seminars, conferences, periodic workshops, and other orientation programmes that are held from time to time.
- Hostels: - Institute assists students to provide boys & girls PG accommodation near to the campus. Facilities are being supervised for the students with a homely atmosphere that strengthens the feeling of belonging. They are all well equipped with all kind of facilities
- Sports Facilities: - The Institute encourages sports activities and provides facilities for volleyball, table tennis, basketball, football, cricket, lawn tennis, badminton, etc. Sports meet is held annually for the students.
Institute of Business Management and Research (IBMR) Faculty
Details of the Faculty and administrative distribution of IBMR, Kolkata is given below:
- Directors- 2
- Emeritus Faculty- 1
- Assistant Professors- 6
- Visiting Faculty- 13
Institute of Business Management and Research (IBMR) FAQs
Ques. Is it worthwhile to join the Institute of business management and research?
Ans. College is approved by AICTE and MHRD Govt. of India also provides all the facilities for the students and placement, the scholarship is also provided by the college.
Ques. What is the highest package of the Institute of business management and research?
Ans. The highest package is Rs 5, 50,000 is provided by the university for the MBA program.
Ques. What are the career prospects after pursuing an MHA in the Institute of business management and research?
Ans. MHA is a professional course that is specialized in the healthcare administration sector. Although the university provides the placement for their students but if students want to join some others companies below are the following top areas of recruitment after MHA.
- Nursing Homes
- Healthcare Organizations / Departments
- Rehabilitation Centres etc.
Ques. In terms of placement, how is IBMR for a BBA student?
Ans. Placement is provided by the college but if we look at the package the minimum package is Rs1.5 lac P.A and the highest package is Rs 3.00Lac P.a. If we compare the package of other courses BBA package is lowest among the other package provided by the university for other courses,
Ques. Are the fees for BBA (Hospital Management) and BBA (Supply Chain Management) programs the same?
Ans. Yes, for both BBA (Hospital Management) and BBA (Supply Chain Management) fees are the same.