SSM College of Engineering and Technology is a private engineering college established in the year 1998 in the Kashmir valley. It is affiliated to the University of Kashmir and has been approved by AICTE. The college offers B.E across 5 specializations, BBA at the UG level, MCA, M.Tech, MBA at the PG level, and also Diploma in Engineering programs. There is a strong team of teaching staff having academic excellence. It has an ideal infrastructure with all facilities of teaching/learning.
SSM College of Engineering Highlights
|Established in| Institute Type||1998 | Private|
|Affiliation||University of Kashmir|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Diploma|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Cafeteria, Sports, Transport, Medical facility|
SSM College of Engineering Courses
The institute offers 6 UG courses, 4 PG courses, and 6 Diploma courses. Here are courses with brief details:
Read more: SSM College of Engineering Courses and Fees
SSM College of Engineering Admission
Admissions to the B.Tech are done on the basis of JKCET. It state-level entrance test that is conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations.
Admission to the MBA is done on the basis of CMAT scores.
How to apply?
- Visit the college campus
- Collect the admission form from the college
- Fill it up carefully
- Attach the required documents
- Submit it to the college office
- The documents should be submitted in original, along with three attested copies
- D.O. B Certificate / Marks Sheet
- Bachelors Degree (for MBA)
- 10+2 Marks Certificate
- Transfer certificate and character certificate from the last school/institute
- 8 Passport Size Photographs
SSM College of Engineering Facilities
- Cafeteria: The college has a cafeteria and food court inside the campus which serves nutritious and wholesome food. The cafeteria is well-furnished offering a variety of food at an affordable price
- Library: Library has good a collection of thousands of books, printed journals, magazines which are enough to satisfy the needs of the students during their course work
- Hostel: Hostel facilities are easily available in this college. The college has its own hostel with two buildings. One building is new and one is old. In total, the hostel has more than 80 rooms and the rooms are sharing and is shared by 3 to 4 students
- Sports: Ample space is available for indoor sports activities and administrative functioning. There are also Playgrounds for Cricket, Football, and Courts for Badminton, Basketball, Volleyball, etc.
- Transport: Bus facilities are provided by the college for both day scholar students and lecturers. The drivers are experienced and the buses are comfortable for an easy and smooth journey
- Other facilities:
- Medical Facilities
- Guest House
- Banking Facility
Read more: SSM College of Engineering Hostel
SSM College of Engineering FAQs
Ques. How are the faculties of SSM College of Engineering?
Ans. The institute consists of a committed team of teaching staff in every department. They are highly qualified, dedicated & have a strong academic experience.
Read more: SSM College of Engineering Faculty
Ques. Does SSM College of Engineering provide any scholarships?
Ans. Students of the college can apply for various state and central scholarship schemes. They must check the eligibility of the schemes and can apply accordingly with the required documents
Ques. Is SSM College of Engineering good?
Ans. It is the most preferred college in the Kashmir valley for B.E. Apart from this, the faculty in this college is purely talented and highly-qualified to impart excellent education.
Ques. What is the fee structure of an MBA at SSM College of Engineering?
Ans. The tuition fee for MBA is INR 65000 per year. The total fees in 2 years are INR 1.33 Lakhs which includes tuition and registration fees.
Ques. How are the placements of SSM College of Engineering?
Ans. The placements of the college are average. Few companies visit the campus for recruiting students. But students after completion of their course easily find job opportunities in both private and Govt. organizations.