Table of Contents
JKCET 2020 Date (Revised), Registration, Eligibility, Admit Card, Pattern and Syllabus
JKCET (Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by JKBOPEE (Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations) for aspirants seeking admission in B. Tech and B. Arch programs in various private and government colleges of Jammu and Kashmir.
Latest: JKCET 2020 Exam Date has been revised – Check Here
- Application form for JKCET 2020 will be available in online mode from the first week of February 2020.
- JKCET 2020 will be conducted on April 26, 2020 in offline mode.
- Candidates must check their eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- Candidates have to pay INR 1200 as an application fee at the time of filling the application form.
- Candidates can choose the exam center as per their convenience.
- There is a single paper comprising 180 objective type questions. Check JKCET Exam Pattern
- On the basis of the JKCET 2020 Result, a merit list will be prepared for the further counselling process.
- Candidates must carry all the original documents on the day of counselling. Check JKCET 2020 Counselling
JKCET 2020 Highlights
|JKCET||Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examination|
|Level of Exam||State-level|
|Courses Offered||B.E./ B.Tech|
|JKCET 2020 Official Website||jkbopee.gov.in|
|JKCET 2020 Help desk (Contact No.)||9419150693/ 9419403272/ 9697383737/ 9419434133/ 9469012295|
JKCET 2020 Exam Dates
|Commencement of Application Submission||1st week of February 2020|
|Last of submission of Application Form||4th week of February 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||3rd week of April 2020|
|JKCET 2020 Exam Dates||April 26, 2020 (Revised)|
|Declaration of result||Within 21 days from the date of exam|
|Commencement of Counselling Process||May 18, 2020|
|Completion of the admission process||3rd week of July 2020|
JKCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to appear in the exam this year must check JKCET eligibility criteria before filling the application form. If candidates do not fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed by the authority, the application form can be rejected at any stage.
- One must have completed the age of 17 years on or before December 31, 2019.
- Candidate must be a permanent citizen of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The applicant must have the domicile of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Candidates should have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM and English.
- They should obtain a minimum of 50 % in their 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Reserved candidates, must obtain 40 % in 10+2 or equivalent to be eligible.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for JKCET 2020. However, they must achieve the prescribed limit to go further in the admission process.
- If in case, the candidate is unable to achieve the limit, the candidature will be cancelled.
JKCET 2020 Application Form
JKCET 2020 application form will be available from the last week of February 2020 in online mode the official website. Candidates can follow the steps given below for the reference to fill the application form. Before starting to fill the application form, candidates should collect all the required documents for uploading in the application form.
Part 1: Registration
- Candidates can fill the online application form from the official website of BOPEE i.e. jakbopee.org / jkbopee.gov.in
- Click on link ‘Click to Apply’ under the heading ‘Online Application’ and section ‘Common Entrance Test’.
- Click on ‘e-application’ to fill the application form.
- Read all the displayed instructions
- Fill the registration form to get application number.
- After filling all the credentials click on ‘Submit’.
- After the successful submission of registration form candidate will get an application number.
Now, the candidate can fill the Application Form and pay the fees along with uploading the documents as desired.
Part 2: Fee Payment
- Make the payment through the official website.
- Login to candidates’ portal with the help of application number.
- To make the payment click on the link ‘Pay 800’.
- Candidates can make payment via
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Offline (via any branch of HDFC or J&K bank).
- Secure the transaction ID (in case of candidates making payment through challan) and Reference ID given by Bank for future purposes.
- There is no category-based relaxation in fees.
Part 3: Filling details in Application Form
After successful payment of the fee, one must fill the following details:
- Personal details
- Basic details
- Educational details
- Communicational details, etc.
Part 4: Certificates to be uploaded
- Certificate of Permanent Address
- Marksheet of the qualifying exam
- Matriculation examination certificate as a Date of Birth proof
- Reserved category certificate
Part 5: Upload Images
- Upload a recent passport size scanned photograph with a light background.
- The date and name of the candidate should be written on the photograph by the candidate with a placard indicating the name and date of taking photograph. The photograph must be clicked after January 1, 2020.
- Requirement of Passport size photograph/Signature/ Thumb Impression in .jpg format. The size of the images should be between 10–50 kB.
JKCET 2020 Admit Card
- Admit card for JKCET 2020 will be available on the official website (jkbopee.gov.in) in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the third week of April 2020.
- Hall ticket is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam center without the same entry in the examination hall is not allowed.
- Those who do not have internet facility may avail this facility by contacting help desk of I.T. Section of BOPEE. One just must pay a nominal fee of INR 100 on working days.
Below given are the BOPEE offices:
- BOPEE Office, Bhagat-i-Barzullah, opposite J&K Bank, Srinagar-190005 (10 A.M. to5 P.M.);
- BOPEE Office, 4th Floor, South Block, Bahu Plaza, Jammu-180012 (10 A.M. to 5 P.M.);
Given below are the steps to download JKCET 2020 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website.
- Log in to candidate’s portal and download the Admit Card.
- Take print out of the Admit Card and preserve it for future reference.
Candidates should check the following information on Admit Card before taking the print out.
- Candidate’s Name
- Contact Details
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Examination Centre
- Timing of the Exam
- Provision for sticking the passport size photograph
JKCET 2020 Exam Center
Candidates can choose the exam center as per their convenience in the application form. Exam center will be allotted by BOPEE. Given below is the important information about exam center candidates should check:
- BOPEE allots the exam center and the information regarding this will be intimated on Admit Card.
- Test center will only be allotted in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu only.
- Once the test center is allotted it cannot be changed.
- Candidates can check the information regarding exam center in the admit card.
JKCET 2020 Exam Pattern
JKCET 2020 exam is conducted in an offline mode i.e. pen and paper-based. JKCET 2020 Exam Pattern consists of two papers i.e. Paper 1 which is a combined exam for Physics and Chemistry and Paper 2 for Biology or Mathematics as per the candidate’s stream.
Given below is the detail about JKCET 2020
The broad distribution of different subjects is as follows:
|Name of Stream||Number of Papers||Subjects||No. of Questions||Time Duration|
|CET (Engineering) 2020||2||Physics||60||180 Minutes|
- There are 2 papers i.e. Paper 1: Physics, Chemistry and Paper 2: Biology or Mathematics.
- The type of questions is – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- One will be awarded 1 mark for every correct answer.
- A negative marking of 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The number of sets of question paper – 4 (A, B, C, D).
Given below is the detail of Question Paper:
|Name of the Stream||Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Exam Duration|
|PCM & PCB||A||Physics, Chemistry (Common Paper)||120||2 hours|
JKCET 2020 Syllabus
The entrance test is based on the course of study and syllabi of class XII. It is organized by JKBOSE (Jammu & Kashmir state board of school education). The subjects covered for the exam are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics. Candidates can choose medical or non-medical syllabus according to the chosen stream.
Given below are the important topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology:
- Oscillations & Waves
- Magnetic effects of Current & Magnetism
- Electronic Devices
- Chemical Arithmetic & Atomic Structure
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Solid State & States of Matter
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Organic Chemistry
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Trigonometric and Inverse Trigonometry Functions
- Matrices and Determinants
- Integration and Differential Equations
- Statistics and Probability
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiation
- Plant Physiology
- Ecology and Environment
- Cell Structure and Functions
- Human Physiology
Given above are the important topics for the exam. For complete information on the syllabus Check hereJKCET Syllabus
JKCET 2020 Reference books
Given below are the recommended books for the preparation of JKCET 2020:
|Biology||Trueman’s Elementary Biology - Vol.1||K.N. Bhatia, M.P. Tyagi|
|Dinesh Objective Biology||K.N. Bhatia, K. Bhatia|
|Chemistry||Organic Chemistry||Morrison Boyd|
|Inorganic Chemistry||J.D. Lee|
|JKCET Question bank||MTG|
|Physics||Concepts of Physics||H.C. Verma|
|Advanced OPTICS & MODERN PHYSICS||D.C. Pandey|
|Mathematics||Objective Mathematics||R.D. Sharma|
JKCET 2020 Result
JKCET 2020 result will be declared in the month of May 2020 in online mode only at the official website. Given below are the steps to check JKCET 2020 Result:
- Visit the official website of BOPEE
- Click on Result link.
- Provide the credentials like roll number, application number and date of birth in the given space.
- Click on button ‘Submit’
- Download the result and take print out for future reference.
JKCET 2020 Counselling
Candidates who manage to clear JKCET 2020 exam would become eligible for counselling process based on merit list.
- Candidates who will qualify the exam will get their counselling letter online after logging into the candidate’s portal.
- No separate counselling letter will be sent by post.
- Candidates must make payment of INR 500 for the counselling process.
- They must bring all the original documents on the day of counselling.
- In the counselling, process candidates must give their preferences for college and course. The selection of candidates for admission will be based on the candidate’s merit list for admission.
Given below are the important documents required in the counselling process.
- Reserved Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Marks certificate of the qualifying examination issued by the concerned Board
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate as a proof of Date of Birth
- Certificate of permanent residence
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College