Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College Aurangabad is a premier Medical Research College. The college offers UG courses, Pg course, Diploma, Super-speciality Courses, Ph.D., and Fellowships Programs With multiple specializations under every course. All the Super-speciality courses are recognized by MCI, New Delhi. Admission to these courses is merit and entrance based. Applicants seeking admission to the institute may apply online. The institute is well equipped with all the facilities with the motive of providing premier experience and learning to their students.
MGM Medical College Aurangabad Highlights
|Established I Type||1990 I Private|
|Affiliation||MGM Institute of Health Sciences (Deemed University), Navi Mumbai|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD, MS, Diploma, Ph. D, Super-speciality|
|Admission criteria||Merit and entrance based|
|Entrance exam||MGM CET, NEET|
MGM Medical College Aurangabad Courses
Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College Aurangabad offers medical programs at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. After the undergraduate MBBS course, students are required to do a one-year internship before practice or pursuing higher studies in the same college or any other college. The details of the various courses with the available specializations are mentioned below:
Duration: 4.5 years + 1-year internship ( Compulsory )
Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotech combined (min 50%) or an equivalent course from a recognized central or state board
Selection Criteria: Merit-based on the basis of NEET UG scores
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and must have completed a 1-year internship
Selection Criteria: merit based on the basis of scores obtained in the NEET PG exam conducted by the NBE
Specializations: Anaesthesiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Dermatology Venereology and Leprosy, Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, General Medicine, Microbiology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Social Preventive, and Community Medicine, Tuberculosis and Respiratory Medicine
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: An MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and must have completed a 1 year internship
Selection Criteria: Selection to this course is merit based on the scores obtained in the NEET PG exam conducted by NBE
Specializations: ENT, General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed MD/MS from a recognized Medical College in India or abroad
Selection Criteria: Selection to the super specialty course is on the basis of merit in the NEET PG exam
Specializations: MCh plastic surgery, MCh Urology, MCh CVTS, DM Cardiology, DM Nephrology
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: MD/MS Post-graduate with minimum 50% marks in final examinations
Selection Criteria: Merit-based ( on the basis of scores obtained in MGM’s University entrance examination )
Read more MGM Medical College Aurangabad Fees
MGM Medical College Aurangabad Admission
The admission process at Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College Aurangabad is done through online mode. Interested and eligible candidates are required to submit their application form. The admission process for each course is slightly different. Hence, the step by step process for admission into the various courses is given separately below:
- The first step is for candidates to apply and appear for the NEET UG exam
- After receiving a valid NEET percentile, the candidates will have to register for the AQI NEET counseling online
- The candidates then have to participate in the counseling process conducted by The Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Final admission will be offered to candidates on the basis of the marks secured in the entrance exam, participation in the counseling process, number of available seats, document verification and fee payment
- Aspirants have to apply and appear for the NEET PG exam conducted by NBE
- After the candidates have secured the minimum qualifying percentile to be eligible for the courses, they have to register for the counseling process online
- Similarly, after the AIQ NEET Counselling, candidates have to further participate in the counseling process conducted by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)
- The final admission will be offered on the basis of the marks secured in the entrance exam, participation in the counseling process, seat availability, document verification and fee payment as per the deadline
- For the super-specialty courses, the aspirants have to apply and appear for the NEET Super-Specialty (NEET SS) conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE)
- On the basis of the merit list by of NEET SS, eligible candidates have to register for counseling
- Further, the candidates have to participate in the online counseling conducted by the Medical Council Committee specifically for the institute
- Admission selection criteria include factors such as merit, participation in the counseling process, seat allotment, document verification, fee payment, etc
- Aspirants are required to apply online on the website of MGM University
- Candidates have to qualify the Common Entrance Test conducted by the university for its Ph. D programs
- Qualified candidates will be required to give a presentation with a Ph.D. research proposal followed by a Viva-Voce examination
- Finally, on the basis of the marks secured in the CET, performance in the presentation and viva voice, candidates will be shortlisted
- The shortlisted candidates will be offered admission on the basis of merit, university-level document verification, and fee payment
MGM Medical College Aurangabad Cut Off
The cut off for the MBBS course is given below as NEET-UG Ranks for various years:
The cut off for the NEET PG Ranks (as per details from 2018) are mentioned below for the various specializations:
|MD General Medicine||2574-17081|
|MD Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology||13148-13148|
Click here MGM Medical College Aurangabad Cut off
MGM Medical College Aurangabad Placement
Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College Aurangabad does not have a placement policy for its students. It does not actively invite companies on campus for the recruitment process. However, to help students, MGM offers career guidance to those interested and helps them in deciding the hospitals / Clinics to approach for internships and placements. In order to assist students further, the college offers unpaid internships after the MBBS program to the students. After the internships are over, students are allowed to apply for working there full time or look for job opportunities elsewhere. The selection of students for jobs is solely at the discretion of the administration.
MGM Medical College Aurangabad Scholarships
Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College Aurangabad aims at rewarding its meritorious students and helping those who need assistance financially. Students are required to apply for the scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. The management may decide and offer scholarships to a deserving candidate under the following categories:
Category 1: College / University Merit Scholarships to outstanding performers
Category 2: Fee concessions for students belonging to the economically weaker sections ( Upon the discretion of the college administrations )
Category 3: Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Government schemes
The dispersal of scholarships is upon the discretion of the administration and they may decide to offer scholarships to individuals on the basis of need, total family income, etc
MGM Medical College Aurangabad Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College Aurangabad to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members:
- Hostels: MGM Medical College has separate hostel facilities for boys and girls which provides good hostel accommodation for the students. These rooms are fully furnished and equipped with air conditioning
- Medical Service: The college has a health center with a first aid facility for the students. Additionally, the college also has a hospital attached to it. This offers complete support to its students.
- Gym: MGM also has a Gymnasium for its students
- Wifi: The college has high-speed Wi-Fi facility for the students and staff which is accessible throughout the campus
- Laboratories: The college has departmental based laboratories fully equipped with the necessary equipment to aid the learning process
- Library: The library at MGM Medical College has a good collection of books well equipped to cater to the needs of the students
- Auditoriums: The auditoriums at MGM are well equipped to hold seminars and events for the students and staff
- Computer Centre: Fully functional computer center to aid classroom learning without any disruption
- Canteen/Mess: A well-equipped canteen area is available for the students catering to the vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian preferences
- Lecture Theatres: The lecture halls are ventilated and have air conditioning facilities
- Sports and Games: MGM encourages and facilitates sports activities among its students.
Read more MGM Medical College Aurangabad Hostel
MGM Medical College Aurangabad Faculty
MGM Medical College has an incredible faculty who are well qualified and degree holders in their respective fields. They have the knowledge and experience to help students excel in the various fields of study of their choice. Also, individual attention on each student can be paid due to the wide number of experienced professionals.
MGM Medical College Aurangabad FAQs
Ques. How are the placements in the college?
Ans. The institution does not have any placement policy and does not call companies on campus for placements. Students have to do a compulsory internship after their MBBS program. Here the college can offer internships to students but without any stipend. After the course and completion of the internship, students can apply for a job in the medical field attached to the college, work in a government hospital, or start a private practice.
Ques. Are there any hostel accommodations provided to students?
Ans. Yes, separate hostel facilities for boys and girls are available on campus. The rooms are fully furnished and have air conditioning facilities for all the students. These rooms are available on a chargeable basis.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission?
Ans. The Documents required at the time of admissions vary slightly for undergraduate and postgraduate students. Candidates are required to report to the campus with originals as well as the self-attested copies of the documents mentioned below:
For UG Candidates
- Admit Card
- Valid NEET UG / PG Scorecard
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for proof of date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Photo ID proof ( Aadhar / PAN Card / Driving License / Passport )
- Passport size photographs
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
- MBBS Certificate and mark sheet
- Medical Registration Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Photo ID proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents)
- Birth Certificate / Class 10 Certificate and mark sheet for proof of age
- NEET Score Card
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt ( If applicable )
- Passport size Photographs
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Ques. How can I get admission into the college?
Ans. The admission process at MGM Medical College is an online process. The selection of students happens on the basis of merit on the entrance examination i.e. NEET-UG for MBBS, NEET-PG for MS / MD Diploma, NEET Super Speciality for Super Speciality courses and MGM CET for the Ph. D courses. Once the results are out, shortlisted students are invited for the counseling sessions for further selection.
Ques. What are the services offered by the MGM Medical College and Hospital?
Ans. The college offers Medical services, surgical services, other services such as Causality, Dialysis, and many more to not only the college students and staff but also to outsiders. The students get first-hand experience working alongside some very experienced doctors and learn from them.