NEET PG 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate, popularly known as NEET PG is a national level examination that is organized by National Board of Examinations (NBE) every year. Candidates interested in MD/MS or PG Diploma Courses should appear for exam. NEET PG 2019 will be conducted on January 6, 2019 across 41 cities.
The Application form of NEET PG 2019 will be released online by the last week of October 2018 tentatively. Candidates will have to fill in the application form in the online mode only before the last week of November 2018 tentatively.
|NEET PG 2019 Admit Card||NEET PG 2019 Exam Pattern||NEET PG 2019 Eligibility|
NEET PG 2019 Exam Highlights
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Exam Type||National Level Examination|
|Exam Date||January 6, 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have MBBS or equivalent qualification|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
NEET PG 2019 Exam Dates
Candidates who wish to appear for NEET PG 2019 must know the important exam dates of the examination so that they can apply on time. You can find all the exam dates related to NEET PG 2019 in the following table:
|Event||Date (tentative)||Reference Links|
|Online registration starts||September 26, 2018||Last date of application is November 27, 2018|
|Availability of admit card||Within 24 hours of registration||Download NEET PG 2018 Admit Card from nbe.edu.in|
|Date of examination||January 6, 2019||MBBS Degree candidate will take NEET PG 2019 on Jan 6|
|Declaration of result||January 23, 2019||NEET PG Result is declared on January 23, 2019|
Please note that all the dates mentioned in the table are tentative. If any changes are made to the schedule, candidates can get to know about it on the official website for NEET PG 2019. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website from time to time to stay updated about the dates and news related to the examination.
NEET PG 2019 Eligibility
Before applying for NEET PG 2019, you must know about the eligibility criteria of NEET PG exam. Look at the following points that mention which candidates are eligible for appearing in NEET PG 2019 examination.
- Only Indian citizens can apply for the examination.
- Only those candidates can apply for NEET PG who has an MBBS degree or a Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized by Medical Council Act of India (MCI).
- Candidates must have completed one year of internship. In case anyone has not completed a year of internship, they should ensure that his internship will be complete on or before March 31, 2019.
- Candidates who have passed MBBS from Jammu & Kashmir, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are not eligible for All India 50 % quota seats.
- Such candidates must produce an affidavit from the Government of India under central pool seats. They must produce the application by November 31, 2018 to NBE, Delhi.
Candidates will not be eligible to give the exam if the medical institute from which they have passed MBBS is not recognized by MCI and if they haven’t completed their internship within the prescribed time. Candidates will also be not able to appear for the examination if they have not submitted the application form on time, in the prescribed manner.
NEET PG 2019 Application Form
Candidates who wish to appear for NEET PG 2019 can get the application form from the official website nbe.edu.in/neetpg in the month of September 2018. NEET PG 2019 Application Form will be available only in the online mode. Applicants should first check if they are eligible before filling the application form. Steps to complete the application process is as follows:
- Candidates need to register themselves first. They will have to create a profile at nbe.edu.in.
- A user name and password will have to be created as login credentials.
- They will then have to fill in the required information such as educational history, internship details and communication details.
- Candidates can choose the examination center, date and time of examination when they are filling the application form.
- Recent coloured photograph and digitalized signature will have to be uploaded.
- Also, candidates will have to upload the image of their photo ID proof and MCI/ SMC certificate.
- The application fee will be INR 3750 (for General and OBC categories) and INR 2750 (for SC/ST/PWD categories)
- Candidates should make the payment through debit/credit card or net banking only.
- Any rectification on the application form can be made till the last date of registration i.e., November 27, 2018.
If candidates fail to register for NEET PG 2019 before the last date, they can apply for the next session only. After the last date of registration, the registration link of NEET PG 2019 will be completely disabled on the official website. National Board of Examination will not entertain any request by candidates.
NEET PG 2019 Admit Card
NEET PG 2019 Admit Card will be available online within 24 hours of registration and exam scheduling. The computer generated slip is an admit card-cum-confirmation slip.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the admit card and paste a photograph on it.
- The photograph must have a caption indicating the name of candidate and date of taking photograph at the bottom of the photo.
- Candidates will not be allowed to appear in the examination if they fail to carry the admit card with the attached photograph.
- Additionally, candidates also need to carry a valid photo ID proof (Voter ID, PAN Card, Passport, Aadhaar Card or Driving License) at the exam center.
- They will also have to carry their Permanent and Provisional MCI/SMC certificate for verification.
The following details are mentioned on the admit card: Name of Candidate, Category, Gender, Date of Birth, Examination Date and Time, Reporting Time, Duration of Exam, Name and Address of Exam Center and Exam Day Instructions.
Candidates should report to the exam center at the time mentioned on their admit card. Latecomers will not be allowed permission to give the examination once the test has started.
Candidates need to mention their choice of the exam city when they are filling the application form. Candidates can submit multiple choices. Candidates get to choose their exam center, date and session while filling the application form. The availability of exam center is purely on first come first serve basis. Only those options will be displayed that are available to the candidates at the time of scheduling. Only one exam center of NEET PG 2019 will be allocated to each candidate.
NEET PG 2019 will be held in all the major cities of the country. Candidates must keep in mind that the exam center will not be altered, once it is allotted to them. There are 41 exam centers in total for NEET PG 2019. 9 exam centers have been recently included in the list.
NEET PG 2019 Exam Pattern
NEET PG 2019 will be an online (computer based test) mode. However, it is not an internet based test. It is similar to an offline examination where the question paper is set up by experts. Candidates who wish to appear for the examination must have detailed information about NEET PG 2019 Exam Pattern so that they can prepare accordingly.
- Candidates will be provided with the demo test so that they can familiarize with the pattern of the exam.
- The exam will be in English Language only.
- A demo test of 15 minutes will be provided before the start of the main examination.
- During the 15 minute test tutorial, candidates can see the various features such as navigating between questions, reviewing them, selecting them, etc.
The exam pattern for NEET PG 2019 is as follows:
3 hr 30 min
Exam duration is 210 minutes
Each of 1
Each Correct Answer will be awarded 1 mark
No Negative Mark
No mark is deducted for wrong answer.
It will be a computer based test
Questions will be of MCQ type
There are 300 questions in the exam
The exam is organized in two sessions: the forenoon session and the afternoon session. Candidates will be able to choose their exam center, date and session of the examination during the form filling process.
NEET PG 2019 Syllabus
NEET PG does not require candidates to do a lot of extra studies. It is a test of knowledge and skills that candidates are expected to already have. NEET PG 2019 Syllabus comprises primarily the subjects that candidates have been taught during MBBS. It includes clinical, pre-clinical and para-clinical subjects.
One can find the important topics with weightage in the following table:
|Social and preventive medicine||25|
|Medicine dermatology and Venereology||37|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics and Anaesthesia||46|
|Radio diagnosis and radio therapy||12 (6+6)|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
Candidates appearing for NEET PG 2019 should prepare well, according to the syllabus so that they can score high marks in the examination. NEET PG 2019 Syllabus is prescribed by MCI (Medical Council of India) with the approval of Government of India.
The following points will help you to prepare for NEET PG 2019:
- Look at the syllabus prescribed for the examination and gather all the details.
- Make a time-table and study accordingly.
- Collect good books and study materials for preparing for the examination.
- Prepare notes on the most important topics.
- Solve previous year question papers and sample questions to understand the exam pattern.
You should also take good care of your health and practice meditation to perform well in your examination.
NEET PG 2019 Result
NEET PG 2019 Result is announced by NBE on January 23, 2019. Candidates can easily check their results online on the official website, nbe.edu.in.
- Candidates will have to log in to the official website to download their scorecard.
- The details required are Confirmation ID, Testing ID and Date of Birth as on the application form.
- The individual scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates will have to download and print it for further processes.
NEET PG 2019 score will be valid for the academic year 2019 only. NEET PG 2019 rank card is needed during the time of counselling. Seats in colleges and universities will be allotted to candidates according to the merit position secured by them in NEET PG examination.
NEET PG 2019 Merit List
Different merit lists will be prepared on the basis of rank scored by every candidate in NEET PG 2019. There are 3 merit lists that will be prepared, namely:
- All India NEET PG 2019 Rank
- All India 50% Quota Rank
- All India 50% Category Rank
- State quota or private medical colleges/ AFMS Rank
NEET PG 2019 Cut off
The minimum qualifying marks of NEET PG 2019 is different for different category candidates. It is mandatory for candidates to get the prescribed percentile with respect to the category they belong. The qualifying criteria for various category candidates are released by the official authorities.
- Percentage rank will tell about the overall performance of the candidate in the exam while percentile rank will give the comparison between two students.
- The percentile rank is used to standardize the score secured in the examination.
- There is no provision for re-evaluation of answer sheets, therefore, the rank secured by a candidate is final.
The following table shows the qualifying percentile for each category:
NBE will provide the result of candidates for state quota seats. The reservation policies of different authorities and medical institutes vary. The authorities will prepare the merit list after the implication of their own norms and rules. Medical Council Committee will hold only the 15 % All India quota counselling.
Tie-Breaking Criteria: In case two candidates secured the same marks, the tie will be determined according to the age of the candidiate. Older candidate will get the first preference than the younger ones.
NEET PG 2019 Counselling
NEET PG 2019 Counselling of candidates will take place according to their rank, namely All India NEET PG 2019 Rank, All India 50 % Quota Category Rank, All India 50 % Quota Rank and State Quota Rank.
Candidates need to fill their choice of courses and colleges in the counselling process. Admission of candidates will depend on their rank, filled preferences and availability of seats. Documents that candidates need to show during the time of counselling are as follows:
- NEET PG 2019 Admit Card and Rank Card
- 10th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- Graduation certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate
- Counselling call letter
- Recent passport size photographs
The counselling process will be organized by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) and DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services) in the online mode. Counselling will be conducted by them for giving admission to 50% All India Quota Seats. The State Government will take care of the seat allotment for the rest of 50% seats.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College