NEET PG 2020 Exam Date (Out), Registration, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus and Cutoff
NEET PG is a national level entrance exam organized by National Board of Examinations (NBE) every year to grant admission to students in post graduate medical courses offered by participating colleges in India. NEET PG 2020 will be conducted on January 5, 2020 in online mode. Check NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Latest: NEET PG 2020 Registration will begin in the month of November, 2019.
- Aspirants must have passed MBBS or equivalent qualifications to be eligible for NEET PG 2020.
- The exam will have 300 multiple choice questions to be finished in 3 hours and 30 minutes
- NEET PG Syllabus includes clinical, pre-clinical and para-clinical subjects.
- The result is expected to be released by the end of January, 2020.
- Candidates are required to obtain 50% marks (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC) to qualify the exam. Check NEET PG Cutoff
- NEET PG Counselling will be conducted by MCC after release of result and merit lists.
NEET PG 2020 Highlights
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Type||Entrance Exam|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have MBBS or equivalent qualification|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|NBE NEET PG Helpdesk||1800 266 7075 (Toll-Free) | firstname.lastname@example.org|
NEET PG 2020 Exam Dates
NBE has announced NEET PG 2020 exam date. Tabulated below is the tentative schedule for all the events related to the exam.
|Release of NEET PG 2020 Notification||November 2, 2019|
|Commencement of NEET PG Registration 2020||November 2, 2019|
|Last day to submit NEET PG Application Form 2020||November 22, 2019|
|Release of NEET PG 2020 Admit Card||Within 24 hours of registration|
|NEET PG 2020 Exam Date||January 5, 2020 (Announced)|
|Declaration of NEET PG 2020 Results||January 31, 2020|
NEET PG 2020 Exam Schedule
The allocation of time for the examination is given below:
|Activities||Session (3:30 pm – 7:00 pm)|
|Enter the exam center & Biometric Registration||01:30 pm|
|Entry closes at exam center||03:00 pm|
|Grant access for Candidate Login||03:15 pm|
|Candidate Login to Read Instructions||03:20 pm|
|Start of NEET PG Exam||03:30 pm|
|End of exam||07:00 pm|
NEET PG Eligibility 2020
Before applying for NEET PG 2020, you must know about the eligibility criteria of NEET PG exam. Given below is a brief of the same:
- Only Indian citizens can apply for the examination.
- Candidates having an MBBS degree or a Provisional MBBS Pass Certificaterecognized by Medical Council Act of India (MCI).
- A minimum of one year of internship is required . In case anyone has not completed a year of internship, they should ensure that his internship will be complete on or before March 31, 2020.
NEET PG 2020 Application Form
NEET PG 2020 Application Form will be available at NEET PG website i.e nbe.edu.in in the month of November, 2019. There is no other option for submitting the form other than the online mode. Listed below are the steps in the submission of application form:
Step 1: Visit the official website of NBE NEET PG.
Step 2: Click on ‘New Registration’ link.
Step 3: Read the instructions properly.
Step 4: Fill the registration form for obtaining User ID and Password.
Step 5: Use the issued credentials and Log in again.
Step 6: Fill in the application form and Upload your Photo and Signature.
Step 7: Choose your test city and Submit the fees.
Take a print out of the filled NEET PG 2020 Application Form with transaction ID printed on it.
- Application fee:INR 3750 (for General/ EWS and OBC categories) and INR 2750 (for SC/ST/PWD categories)
- Modes of Payment: Debit/ Credit card or net banking only.
- After the last date, the registration link of NEET PG 2020 will be completely disabled.
NEET PG 2020 Admit Card
NBE will issue the admit cards online within 24 hours of registration and exam scheduling. The computer generated slip is an admit card-cum-confirmation slip.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the NEET PG Admit Card and paste a photograph on it.
- The photo must have a caption indicating the candidate’s name and date on which the photo was taken.
- The entry to the examination hall will be prohibited if the candidate fails to produce the document.
- Additionally, a validphoto ID proof (Voter ID, PAN Card, Passport, Aadhaar Card or Driving License) must be carried at the exam center.
- They will also have to carry their Permanent and Provisional MCI/SMC certificate for verification.
Details Mentioned in NEET PG Admit Card
- Name of Candidate,
- Date of Birth,
- Exam Date and Time,
- Reporting Time,
- Duration of Exam,
- Name and Address of Exam Center and
- Exam Day Instructions.
NEET PG 2020 Exam Centers
Candidates are provided to choose the exam city in which he/ she wants to take the test at the time of registration. The choice of the city will depend on the availability of the test center in a particular city and the allotment shall be done on first cum first allot basis.
- During the submission of applications, a candidate will be able to view only those cities where the seats are available.
- While the city will be chosen by the candidate, allotment of the test center in the chosen city shall be done by NBE.
- The authorities will make all the efforts to ensure that the candidate is alloted a center in the State of correspondence address of the candidate.
- Exam address and location of the center will be indicated in NEET PG Admit Card.
- Request for change in the testing city or center will not be entertained.
NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern
NEET PG Paper Pattern is prescribed by NBE. No changes have been notified as yet. A brief about the same is given below:
- NEET PG paper is set up by experts.
- A demo test of 15 minutes is provided before the commencement of exam.
- The exam will be in English Language only.
- During the dest test tutorial, candidates can see the various features such as navigating between questions, reviewing them, selecting them, etc.
- The exam is organized in two sessions: the forenoon session and the afternoon session.
NEET PG 2020 Syllabus
NEET PG Syllabus comprises subjects/ knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. NEET PG does not require candidates to do a lot of extra studies. The exam is conducted to test knowledge and skills that candidates are expected to already have.
It includes clinical, pre-clinical and para-clinical subjects.
|Social and preventive medicine||25|
|Part C||General Medicine including Dermatology & Venereology & Psychiatry||45|
|General Surgery including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia & Radiodiagnosis||45|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
NEET PG 2020 Result
The results for the examination is expected to be announced on January 31, 2020. The test takers can visit the official website of NEET PG – nbe.edu.in to view their scores.
- Enter your Confirmation ID, Testing ID and Date of Birth issued at the time of registration.
- The individual scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates will have to download and print it for further processes.
- NEET PG 2020 score will be valid for the academic year 2020 only.
- The rank card is needed during the time of counselling.
- Seats in colleges and universities will be allotted to candidates according to the merit position secured by them in NEET PG examination.
NEET PG 2020 Merit List
Different merit lists will be prepared on the basis of rank scored by every candidate in NEET PG 2020. There are 4 merit lists that will be prepared, namely:
- All India NEET PG 2020 Rank
- All India 50% Quota Rank
- All India 50% Category Rank
- State quota or private medical colleges/ AFMS Rank
NEET PG 2020 Cutoff
The minimum qualifying marks in the examination vary as per candidate’s category. It is mandatory for candidates to get the prescribed percentile with respect to the category they belong to. The qualifying criteria for various category candidates are released by the official authorities.
- Percentage rank will tell about the overall performance of the candidate in the exam while percentile rank will give the comparison between two students.
- The percentile rank is used to standardize the score secured in the examination.
- There is no provision for re-evaluation of answer sheets, therefore, the rank secured by a candidate is final.
The following table shows the qualifying percentile for each category:
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40|
NBE will provide the result of candidates for state quota seats. The reservation policies of different authorities and medical institutes vary. The authorities will prepare the merit list after the implication of their own norms and rules. Medical Council Committee will hold only 15 % All India quota counselling.
NEET PG 2020 Counselling
Candidates will be called for counselling as per their ranks (All India Rank, All India 50 % Quota Category Rank, All India 50 % Quota Rank and State Quota Rank). Candidates need to fill their choice of courses and colleges in the counselling process. Admission of candidates will depend on their rank, filled preferences and availability of seats.
Documents Required at the time of NEET PG Counselling are:
- NEET PG 2020 Admit Card and Rank Card
- 10th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- Graduation certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate
- Counselling call letter
- Recent passport size photographs
The counselling process will be organized by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) and DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services) in the online mode. Counselling will be conducted by them for giving admission to 50% All India Quota Seats. The State Government will take care of the seat allotment for the rest of 50% seats.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College