Table of Contents
NEET PG 2020: Counselling Registration (Reopened), Mop Up Round Counselling Final Result and Seat Allotment
NEET PG 2020 Counselling Fresh Registration is going to start from August 04, 2020, for admission to deemed universities. Candidates can register until August 07, 2020. Dates for reporting to the institute has also been extended till August 14, 2020, after the Stray Vacancy Round. Mop-up round counselling final result was published on July 23, 2020.Candidates will have to download the provisional allotment letter and proceed with the reporting process latest by July 27, 2020. MCC has announced the provisional result for NEET PG 2020 Mop Up round. A total of 1,166 candidates have been selected in central and deemed universities. Candidates can go through the table below for a complete counselling schedule. Click here for NEET PG 2020 Counselling
PIB and Health Ministry warns students regarding fake circular on NEET PG Counselling and Seat Allotment. NEET PG is a national level entrance exam organized by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) every year to grant admission to students in postgraduate medical courses offered by participating colleges in India. NEET PG 2020 was successfully conducted on January 5, 2020, in online mode. NEET PG 2020 Result has been declared on January 30, 2020.
- NEET-PG 2020 Mop-up Round Counselling Final result has been released on July 23, 2020. Check here
- Karnataka State NEET PG (PGET) Counselling Mop-up Round Seat allocation Result has been released on July 28, 2020.Check here
- Kerala State NEET PG Counselling Mop-Up Round Registration begins on July 17, 2020. Check here
Karnataka state government is considering to award 5 marks extra to NEET PG appearing students who are associated with COVID-related work. Mr. Sudhakar in a press conference held in Bengaluru said that around 2000 medical students who had appeared for PG exams are planned to be utilized for COVID-19 related work and these frontline workers should get 5 marks extra in the exam.
NEET PG 2020 Counselling Round-1
NEET-PG Round 1 reporting dates had been extended till April 24, 2020, due to extension in lockdown. NEET PG 2020 state counselling was scheduled between April 20 to May 4, 2020. As per the latest notice issued by MCC, the ministry of health and family welfare (MoHFW) had approved the state counselling authorities to conduct the round -1 of the PG counselling from April 20 onwards.
- The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has announced the round-1 result for DNB CET 2020 and PDCET counselling 2020.Check Here
- DNB CET Counselling Round-2 registrations will begin from June 15, 2020.
- NEET-PG 2020 Counselling resumed from April 10, 2020, and the first round of seat allotment list has been released.
- Candidates can download their allotment letters from April 11, 2020.
- Candidates are required to obtain 50% marks (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC) to qualify the exam. Check NEET PG Cutoff
NEET PG 2020 Highlights
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Type||Entrance Exam|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have MBBS or equivalent qualification|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|NBE NEET PG Helpdesk||1800 266 7075 (Toll-Free) | firstname.lastname@example.org|
NEET PG Important Dates
NEET PG 2020 Exam Dates
NBE has announced NEET PG 2020 exam date. Tabulated below is the schedule for all the events related to the exam.
|Release of NEET PG 2020 Notification||November 1, 2019|
|Commencement of NEET PG Registration 2020||November 1, 2019|
|Last day to submit NEET PG Application Form 2020||November 21, 2019|
|Release of NEET PG 2020 Admit Card||December 31, 2019|
|NEET PG 2020 Exam Date||January 5, 2020|
|Declaration of NEET PG 2020 Results||January 30, 2020|
|NEET PG Counselling||till March 23, 2020, up to 11:55 PM (Revised Date)|
|NEET PG Choice Filling||till March 24, up to 11:55 PM (Revised Date)|
|NEET PG Seat Allotment||March 25 & 26, 2020 (Cancelled)|
|Result for NEET PG counselling 2020 round one||April 10, 2020|
|Reporting at the allotted institute(Online or Offline)||April 13 – April 24, 2020|
|Surrendering of allotted seat||June 01, 2020|
|NEET PG 2020 Counselling Round 2||June 03- June 09, 2020 (Resumed)|
|Result for second round counselling||June 16, 2020|
|Last date for Reporting the Institute||June 30, 2020 (Extended)|
|NEET PG Mop-up Round Counselling||July 14 – 16, 2020|
|NEET PG Mop-Up Provisional Result||July 21, 2020|
|NEET PG Mop-up Final Result||July 23, 2020 (Released)|
NEET PG Result
NEET PG 2020 Result
The results for the examination has been announced on January 30, 2020. The test takers can visit the official website of NEET PG – nbe.edu.in to view their scores.
- Enter your Confirmation ID, Testing ID and Date of Birth issued at the time of registration.
- The individual scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates will have to download and print it for further processes.
- NEET PG 2020 score will be valid for the academic year 2020 only.
- The rank card is needed during the time of counselling.
- Seats in colleges and universities will be allotted to candidates according to the merit position secured by them in NEET-PG 2020.
NEET PG 2020 Merit List
Different merit lists will be prepared on the basis of rank scored by every candidate in NEET PG 2020. There are 4 merit lists that will be prepared, namely:
- All India NEET PG 2020 Rank
- All India 50% Quota Rank
- All India 50% Category Rank
- State quota or private medical colleges/ AFMS Rank
NEET PG Cut Off
NEET PG 2020 Cutoff
The minimum qualifying marks in the examination vary as per candidate’s category. It is mandatory for candidates to get the prescribed percentile with respect to the category they belong to. The qualifying criteria for various category candidates are released by the official authorities.
- Percentage rank will tell about the overall performance of the candidate in the exam while percentile rank will give the comparison between two students.
- The percentile rank is used to standardize the score secured in the examination.
- There is no provision for re-evaluation of answer sheets, therefore, the rank secured by a candidate is final.
The following table shows the qualifying percentile for each category:
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40|
NBE will provide the result of candidates for state quota seats. The reservation policies of different authorities and medical institutes vary. The authorities will prepare the merit list after the implication of their own norms and rules. Medical Council Committee will hold only 15 % All India quota counselling.
Tie-Breaking Criteria: In case two candidates obtain the same marks, the tie will be determined according to the age of the candidate. The older candidates will get the first preference than the younger ones.
NEET PG Counselling
NEET PG 2020 Counselling
NEET PG Counselling is being conducted in three rounds viz Round -1 (April 10-June 01), Round -2 (June 03-June 18), and Mop-up round (Final Round). Candidates will be called for counselling as per their ranks (All India Rank, All India 50 % Quota Category Rank, All India 50 % Quota Rank and State Quota Rank). Candidates need to fill their choice of courses and colleges in the counselling process. Admission of candidates will depend on their rank, filled preferences, and availability of seats. Documents Required at the time of NEET PG Counselling are:
- NEET PG 2020 Admit Card and Rank Card
- 10th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- Graduation certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate
- Counselling call letter
- Recent passport size photographs
The counselling process will be organized by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) and DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services) in the online mode. Counselling will be conducted by them for giving admission to 50% All India Quota Seats. The State Government will take care of the seat allotment for the rest of 50% seats.
NEET PG Eligiblity Criteria
NEET PG Eligibility 2020
Before applying for NEET PG 2020, you must know about the eligibility criteria of NEET PG exam. Given below is a brief of the same:
- Only Indian citizens can apply for the examination.
- Candidates having an MBBS degree or a Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized by Medical Council Act of India (MCI).
- A minimum of one year of internship is required. In case anyone has not completed a year of internship, they should ensure that his internship will be complete on or before March 31, 2020.
Check NEET PG Eligibility Note: Candidates who have qualified MBBS from the state of J&K are NOT Eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. However, candidate who were nominated by the GOI (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in J&K shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats.
NEET PG 2020 Application Form
NEET PG 2020 Application Form was available at NEET-PG website i.e nbe.edu.in from November 01, 2019 to November 21, 2019 (Over). There is no other option for submitting the form other than the online mode. Listed below are the steps in the submission of application form: Step 1: Visit the official website of NBE NEET PG. Step 2: Click on ‘New Registration’ link. Step 3: Read the instructions properly. Step 4: Fill the registration form for obtaining User ID and Password. Step 5: Use the issued credentials and Log in again. Step 6: Fill in the application form and Upload your Photo and Signature. Step 7: Choose your test city and Submit the fees. Take a print out of the filled NEET PG 2020 Application Form with transaction ID printed on it. Important Points:
- Application fee:INR 3750 (for General/ EWS and OBC categories) and INR 2750 (for SC/ST/PWD categories)
- Modes of Payment: Debit/ Credit card or net banking only.
- After the last date, the registration link of NEET PG 2020 will be completely disabled.
NEET PG 2020 Admit Card
NBE was issued the admit cards online on December 31, 2019. The computer-generated slip is an admit card-cum-confirmation slip.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the NEET PG Admit Card and paste a photograph on it.
- The photo must have a caption indicating the candidate’s name and date on which the photo was taken.
- The entry to the examination hall will be prohibited if the candidate fails to produce the document.
- Additionally, a valid photo ID proof (Voter ID, PAN Card, Passport, Aadhaar Card or Driving License) must be carried at the exam center.
- They will also have to carry their Permanent and Provisional MCI/SMC certificate for verification.
Details Mentioned in NEET PG Admit Card
- Name of Candidate,
- Date of Birth,
- Exam Date and Time,
- Reporting Time,
- Duration of Exam,
- Name and Address of Exam Center and
- Exam Day Instructions.
Note: Candidates should report to the exam center at the time mentioned on their admit card. Latecomers will not be permitted to take the examination once the test has started.
NEET PG 2020 Exam Centers
Candidates are provided to choose the exam city in which he/ she wants to take the test at the time of registration. The choice of the city will depend on the availability of the test center in a particular city and the allotment shall be done on first cum first allot basis. Important Points:
- During the submission of applications, a candidate will be able to view only those cities where the seats are available.
- While the city will be chosen by the candidate, allotment of the test center in the chosen city shall be done by NBE.
- The authorities will make all the efforts to ensure that the candidate is alloted a center in the State of the correspondence address of the candidate.
- Exam address and location of the center will be indicated in NEET PG Admit Card.
- Request for change in the testing city or center will not be entertained.
NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern
NEET PG Paper Pattern is prescribed by NBE. No changes have been notified as yet. A brief about the same is given below:
- NEET PG paper is set up by experts.
- A demo test of 15 minutes is provided before the commencement of the exam.
- The exam will be in English Language only.
- During the dest test tutorial, candidates can see the various features such as navigating between questions, reviewing them, selecting them, etc.
- The exam is organized into two sessions: the forenoon session and the afternoon session.
NEET PG 2020 Syllabus
NEET PG Syllabus comprises subjects/ knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. NEET PG does not require candidates to do a lot of extra studies. The exam is conducted to test the knowledge and skills that candidates are expected to already have.
LATEST APPLICATION FORMS 2020
It includes clinical, pre-clinical and para-clinical subjects.
|Social and preventive medicine||25|
|Part C||General Medicine including Dermatology & Venereology & Psychiatry||45|
|General Surgery including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia & Radiodiagnosis||45|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College