Table of Contents
NEET SS 2020 Dates(Postponed), Application Form, Eligibility , Admit card,Exam Pattern and Syllabus
NEET SS 2020 schedule has been postponed until further notice due to lockdown amid COVID-19 crisis. Revised scheduled will be published soon. NEET super speciality(NEET SS) is conducted for admissions in various DM and MCh courses that can be pursued after post graduation in MS/MD or DNB. The National Board of Examinations is the authority responsible for conducting NEET SS.The Indian Medical Council Act,2016 has stated that no other entrance examination other than NEET SS shall be considered for admissions in DM/MCh courses. The candidates can apply for super specializations like clinical hematology,critical care medicine,clinical pharmacology etc.
NEET SS 2020 Application Form shall be filled and submitted online on the official website of NBE. Some important features of the examination are as follows:
- NEET SS 2020 will be conducted online as computer-based test
- The examination is conducted for admissions in D/MCh courses like cardiology, urology, neurosurgery etc.
- The total number of questions in the entrance examination will be 100 and the time allotted will be 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- The questions will be framed in MCQ pattern and negative marking will be applicable.
- The minimum percentile needed to qualify NEET SS 2020 is 50.
NEET SS 2020: Examination Highlights
|Name of the examination||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (Super Specialty Courses)|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Mode of the exam||Computer-based (Online mode)|
|Frequency of the examination||Once a year|
|Courses offered||DM/ MCh|
|Duration of the examination||3 hours and 30 minutes|
|Type of questions asked||MCQ|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Qualifying criteria||50 percentile and above|
NEET SS 2020: Datesheet
|Registration & Application;||1st week of May 2020 (Delayed)|
|Last date to submit Application form||Last week of May 2020(Delayed)|
|Release of Admit Card||3rd week of June 2020(Delayed)|
|Date of examination||Last week of June 2020(Delayed)|
*The dates might get extended again due to the nationwide lockdown. Candidates are advised to check the website regularly for all the updates.
NEET SS 2020: Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility criteria to appear in NEET SS 2020 as prescribed by the National Board of Examinations are mentioned below:
- Candidates must hold a postgraduate degree(MS/MD/DNB) or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Candidate appearing for postgraduate exam in 2020 are also eligible for NEET SS 2020
- Candidates must be registered with MCI(Medical Council of India) or any State Medical Council
Eligibility Criteria(Foreign Nationals)
Foreign candidates are not required to be registered with the Medical Council of India. However, they shall be registered with respective authorities of their own country. At the time of admission, MCI may issue a temporary registration to the foreign candidates for the period equivalent to the tenure of the course.
NEET SS 2020: Application process
The application for NEET 2020 can be made online in the official website only.No offline mode of application is available. Also, the candidates shall complete the entire application process online including the submission online.No hard copy of the application form is required to be sent through post/courier.
Application process involves filling of personal details, academic details and uploading scanned copy of photograph, signature and thumb impression
The application fee shall be paid online after filling the application form
The amount of application fee is around 3800.00 INR that can be paid using online modes of payment like debit/credit card and net banking
Candidates shall make sure that the payment procedure has been successfully completed as without the payment the application will not be accepted.
There are no bifurcations for the amount of application fee in context to the category of the candidate and it will be the same for everyone.
NEET SS 2020: Admit Card
The admit card for NEET SS 2020 is likely to be released after the month of July as all the previous dates have been extended up to further notifications. The admit card shall be downloaded from the official website only and no hard copy of admit card will be sent through post to any candidate.
- Without an admit card no candidate shall be allowed to enter the examination centre to take the examination.
- Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website by entering the user id and password generated at the time of filling the application form.
- Admit card is one of the most important documents as it contains the details of the schedule and venue of examination and all the personal details of the candidates.
- The admit card also contains the details of the preferred speciality for which the candidate is appearing in the examination.
NEET SS 2020: Exam Pattern
NEET SS 2020 will be conducted in online mode as computer-based test. The candidates can choose two speciality programs subject to the eligibility criteria.
- The question paper shall be separately prepared for single and combined speciality.
- The questions will be in MCQ pattern having 4 options for each question.
- There will be two sections of the question paper and the medium of examination will be English.
- Total number of questions will be 100 and each question will carry 4 marks.
- One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer as a penalty.
- The duration of examination for single paper will be 1 hour 45 minutes and for combined paper the total duration will be 3 hours.
NEET SS 2020: Question Pattern
The question paper for NEET SS 2020 will be divided into two sections. The details for each part are mentioned below:
- 40% weightage in context to marks will be in the 1st section of the question paper i.e. part A and 60% will be from part B.
- In part A the questions will be from eligible feeder broad speciality for particular super speciality course.
- In part B the question will be from concerned super-speciality or from a group of super specialities relevant with the eligibility criteria.
- The question paper will be separate for each group or super speciality course
- The entire question will be at PG Exit level.
Syllabus for Part A
Questions in part A will cover the topics from the eligibility feeder broad speciality courses. In case of one feeder broad speciality course from single broad speciality the questions in part A will be framed for single broad speciality. For those super speciality courses that have multiple feeder broad specializations or speciality courses the questions will be framed from all feeder broad courses. For example, MS General surgery is the only feeder broad specialization for MCh urology,thus part A of Urology paper will consist of questions from general surgery.
Syllabus for Part B
Questions from part B have a weightage of 60% in the entire examination. It will cover the concerned super-speciality or set of clubbed specializations or speciality courses at PG Exit level. Also, it will cover from clinical practice and basic sciences as applied to the relevant super speciality.
NEET SS 2020: Answering Tips
All the questions will be in MCQ pattern. Every question will have four options out of which one will be the correct answer and the remaining three will be incorrect. For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded and 1 mark will be deducted as a penalty for each incorrect answer. Total number of questions are 100 and time allotted for the paper is 3 hours 30 minutes.
The candidates can attempt any question randomly as there are no sectional time limit or restrictions.
The marking scheme for both the sections are the same and both the paper will be in the English language
Time management is one of the most important factor that the candidates should keep in mind while solving the paper
NEET SS Examination Centers
NEET SS will be conducted at over 45 cities across the country. The list of examination centers(as per the last year data) are mentioned below:
NEET SS 2020: Results
Results for NEET SS 2020 are likely to be declared after August as the previously scheduled dates have been extended due to the coronavirus pandemic.The results will be declared online on the official website of NBE.
- The rank for each super speciality course will be released separately.
- Candidates can check their marks scored in each section and overall score and the rank accordingly.
- Those candidates who will clear the cut off will be eligible for counselling procedure.
- The dates and other information regarding the counselling process will be released after the declaration of results of NEET SS 2020.Minimum 50th percentile shall be secured in order to qualify the examination.
- The cut off criteria is decided by the Medical Council of India which can also change the minimum cut off boundary if required.
Specialisations Under NEET SS
Organ Transplant Anesthesia
Paediatric and Neonatal Anesthesia
Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology
Critical Care Medicine
Geriatric Mental Health
Head and Neck Surgery
Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery/Surgical Gastroenterology
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
Urology(Genito Urinary Surgery)
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
Paediatric Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the dates be released for NEET SS 2020?
Ans: The previously scheduled dates were extended and the new dates for examination are yet to be declared.
What is the minimum eligibility criteria to appear in NEET SS 2020?
Ans: Candidates shall have a postgraduate degree(MS/MD/DNB) or equivalent from a recognized institution or appear for the same in 2020(results must be out before by June).
When can I download the admit card?
Ans: The admit cards are likely to be released in the month of June but it might be extended more because of the nationwide lockdown due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
I will complete my postgraduate degree in MD by December.Can I apply for NEET SS 2020?
Ans: Any candidate appearing for final examination of postgraduate course shall be completing all the procedures by June 2020 in order to apply for NEET SS 2020.
Can I change my examination center?
Ans: No. The center allotted cannot be changed under any circumstances. The decision of allotment of the center is final and binding on the candidates.
When will the results for NEET SS be declared?
Ans: NEET SS 2020 results are likely to be declared after August but this cannot be claimed as a certainty because the dates might be extended again due to the ongoing circumstances.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College